Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets (14190 Views)

Shell To Divest Onshore Oil Stakes In Nigeria, Open Talks With FG / Forte Oil Plc: Decent Q1’18 Numbers, Plans To Divest Subsidiaries / NNPC, Shell, Others To Invest $25.3b In Oil, Gas Upstream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by Omooba77: 10:40pm On Nov 19, 2019
International Oil Companies (IOCs), including ExxonMobil, Chevron, BP, Total, Shell, and ConocoPhillips are planning to sell assets worth $27.5 billion in bid to invest in new regions, new research by Rystad Energy has said.

The research indicated that ExxonMobil alone may divest as much as $15 billion in an attempt to service investment in Mozambique, and oilfields in Guyana, and the Permian Basin, and the U.S. Gulf of Mexico.

Among other key gas projects in Mozambique, about $30 billion is expected to be invested in the country’s Rovuma LNG project, which has a capacity of 15 million tonnes a year (mtpa).

Amidst indications that some oil majors are looking to divest in Nigeria, ExxonMobil is reportedly planning to invest over S$500 million in the initial construction phase of its Mozambique LNG project.

Indeed, the face of stranded projects in Nigeria, Mozambique with its Coral Floating LNG project is on the verge of becoming the world’s largest gas producers with an estimated $128 billion flowing into the country’s gas sector alone before 2025.
Rystad Energy’s upstream analyst, Ranjan Saxena, said in a company statement that, “The expected transactions mean some of the majors are poised to exit certain regions, giving regional players and independents a chance to buy into key fields and help keep them profitable through production-life extensions and new developments.”

“While oil and gas majors increase their focus on core areas and divest mature assets and interests in geopolitically unstable regions, observers will be following closely to see how investors react and what other steps these energy giants will take to keep stakeholders interested amid rising climate concerns and geopolitical volatility.”

Rigzone had reported that the research body had revealed that BP and Shell occupied the top spots on opposite ends of the company’s Merger and Acquisition ranking for the oil and gas sector.

https://m.guardian.ng/business-services/chevron-total-shell-others-to-divest-27-billion-assets/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by yudee233: 10:45pm On Nov 19, 2019
Good for independent companies

2 Likes

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by Wanity(m): 7:10am On Nov 20, 2019
Please if you read finish help me explain

6 Likes

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by ForeThinker: 7:10am On Nov 20, 2019
Interesting
Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by maxiuc(m): 7:10am On Nov 20, 2019
cheesy

Otedola saw this coming

29 Likes

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by GeoAfrikana(m): 7:11am On Nov 20, 2019
Wanity:
Please if you read finish help me explain

Don't waste your time here. Not every news is meant for everyone.

28 Likes

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by ednut1(m): 7:11am On Nov 20, 2019
yudee233:
many cant stand the test of time. Including nigerian ones

20 Likes

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by chibu4u2(m): 7:11am On Nov 20, 2019
grin
Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by YorubaPrince: 7:11am On Nov 20, 2019
Hmmm.... angry

Another Government's strategy of granting Dangote monopoly... angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by lonelydora: 7:11am On Nov 20, 2019
Wait ooo, ExxonMobil wants to divest Dangote's worth? Choi...there are levels to this money thing.

And Buhari is spending millions looking for oil in North East.

Gas is the real gold

12 Likes

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by Hotzone(m): 7:12am On Nov 20, 2019
Does it affect the rice price hike

1 Like

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by ednut1(m): 7:12am On Nov 20, 2019
maxiuc:
cheesy

Otedola saw this coming
saw nothing coming. There was no more subsidy free money so he fled

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by Mayflowa(m): 7:13am On Nov 20, 2019
Moving to gather profit elsewhere

8 Likes

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by spafu(m): 7:14am On Nov 20, 2019
Why?
Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by Neroiam(m): 7:14am On Nov 20, 2019
Okay
Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by qanda: 7:15am On Nov 20, 2019
Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by airbrush: 7:15am On Nov 20, 2019
maxiuc:
cheesy

Otedola saw this coming

i am betting 1k that chinese will buy up all the assest soon? if chinese enter nigerian oil industry ! nigeria is over as a country.these people no dey take money play

30 Likes

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 20, 2019
ednut1:
saw nothing coming. There was no more subsidy free money so he fled

don't know how they are comparing a downstream operator to IOCs

i don't like this. Nigerians will buy over the assets and Bleep over the company cultures.

in five years , every vestige of a properly run compny will be gone.

look at texaco's transition to MRS

their safety culture has gone to utter shit

32 Likes

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by Wanity(m): 7:18am On Nov 20, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

Don't waste your time here. Not every news is meant for everyone.

So what do you mean ? ? ?

I can see you are heading to the bad side of me don't tempt me to loose my temper on

2 Likes

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by mrsuccessful(m): 7:20am On Nov 20, 2019
Hk
Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 20, 2019
This kind Nigeria under Buhari get as e be o grin

O ya Dangote, over to you. It's time to buy and Monopolize Nigeria grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by deenee: 7:24am On Nov 20, 2019
yudee233:

That is if they have the capacity and capability manage these assets.

I pray our oil and gas industry does not go the way of the power sector where assets were stripped and sold to cronies instead of competent professionals leading us to where we are now.

On the flip side this is maybe an opportunity for the local companies to expand their scope and become better.

In as much as I don't support these IOCs because I know that they are ripping us off with the contracts currently running but again the question I beg to ask is what were our govt officials thinking when they signed these contracts?

God bless Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by Flets: 7:24am On Nov 20, 2019
I really fear for Nigeria.

The Nigerian oil industry will be run aground by the local investors made up of ex and serving politicians through proxies.

And to think that this is the sector that sustains the lazy allocation sharing structure..... Winter is coming.

31 Likes

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by SoNature(m): 7:25am On Nov 20, 2019
Why not invest the sum in Nigeria's power sector?

After all, Nigeria has a huge untapped natural gas deposit and unstable electricity.

Well, they know better.

Renewable energy, not fossil fuels, is the future.

The IOCs should keep that in mind

4 Likes

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 20, 2019
na wa o

1 Like

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:26am On Nov 20, 2019
Divesting from politically unstable regions with high level of insecurity and dysfunctional system. Not one where substantial amount of resources goes into hiring soldiers to guard company premises and individual high net worth staff from impoverished host.

Some company yard in Delta state looks like a military forward base ...soldiers everywhere , doing morning parade in the yard ...who pays for all that?

Go and check Set.......Yard ... make I no complete the name

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by Jarus(m): 7:28am On Nov 20, 2019
ornicus:

don't know how they are comparing a downstream operator to IOCs

i don't like this. Nigerians will buy over the assets and Bleep over the company cultures.

in five years , every vestige of a properly run compny will be gone.

look at texaco's transition to MRS

their safety culture has gone to utter shit

Gbam

2 Likes

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by gnykelly(m): 7:30am On Nov 20, 2019
those guys are smart... they are aware those countries are new player and will have relax law for them to make mad profit

9 Likes

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by SoNature(m): 7:30am On Nov 20, 2019
deenee:

That is if they have the capacity and capability manage these assets.

I pray our oil and gas industry does not go the way of the power sector where assets were stripped and sold to cronies instead of competent professionals leading us to where we are now.

On the flip side this is maybe an opportunity for the local companies to expand there scope and become better.

In as much as I don't support these IOCs becuase I know that they are ripping us off with the contracts currently running but again the question I beg to ask is what were our govt officials thinking when they signed these contracts?

God bless Nigeria.

How are the IOCs ripping Nigeria apart when the NNPC doesn't provide funds for E&P even when there's a standing JV that defines how the venture should be run?

I am patiently waiting for your response.

5 Likes

Re: Chevron, Total, Shell Others To Divest $27 Billion Assets by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 20, 2019
Jarus:

Gbam

Na so. Even our guys when they took over CP, na to push out all the established vendors and start related party vendors. They will soon bleed the whole thing to death

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

34 Companies Got Three-year Tax Holiday In 2023 – FG / Inflation, Why Do Traders Do These Things? / Buhari, Tinubu Took Nigeria’s Economy 18 Steps Backward In 9 Years - FIJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.