Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Sim Card Slot On My Laptop, How Do I Use It To Connect To The Internet - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Sim Card Slot On My Laptop, How Do I Use It To Connect To The Internet (24824 Views)

SuperBass Wireless Bluetooth Speaker With FM | Phoning System / What's A SIM Card Slot On A Laptop Used For? / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sim Card Slot On My Laptop, How Do I Use It To Connect To The Internet by VURN(m): 9:59pm On Nov 19, 2010
hello, i saw this sim slot when i removed my battery. how do i use it to connect. please contribute as your comment will be highly appreciated
Re: Sim Card Slot On My Laptop, How Do I Use It To Connect To The Internet by VURN(m): 10:20am On Nov 20, 2010
i'm waiting for your replies please
Re: Sim Card Slot On My Laptop, How Do I Use It To Connect To The Internet by BL96: 2:04pm On Nov 20, 2010
The sim card slot is an optional extra that will allow you to connect to the internet, as long as you have a cellular module installed. High chances are is that your laptop has the slot but has no module, otherwise there should be some software for you to run it - I have the same slot on my laptop but I don't have the module. You can always go to a computer store that can install one for you, hope that this helps.
Re: Sim Card Slot On My Laptop, How Do I Use It To Connect To The Internet by gauravtiwari: 4:40am On Apr 07, 2012
i have HCL L74 me laptop that has given a sim card slot i am insert sim card that slot nathing is happen pls helpme out of what kind of software to use to access the sim card slot and inernet acess
pls send me mail tgaurav108@gmail.com
Re: Sim Card Slot On My Laptop, How Do I Use It To Connect To The Internet by users1: 2:45pm On Apr 08, 2012
SIM card should be able to connect to the Internet[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Sim Card Slot On My Laptop, How Do I Use It To Connect To The Internet by highland(m): 2:30pm On Apr 10, 2012
Your laptop should be notebook. The sim is for internet browsing and may not support GSM.
Re: Sim Card Slot On My Laptop, How Do I Use It To Connect To The Internet by rukianz(m): 7:14pm On Apr 10, 2012
My dell d620 have sim slot i insert sim it didn't work
Re: Sim Card Slot On My Laptop, How Do I Use It To Connect To The Internet by belaodigi(m): 5:05am On Apr 12, 2012
there is a software called called u mobile connect or so that u need
Re: Sim Card Slot On My Laptop, How Do I Use It To Connect To The Internet by microgiant: 11:11am On Apr 13, 2012
rukianz: My dell d620 have sim slot i insert sim it didn't work

I have the same brand, it sure has a sim slot, but not the module. I removed the module from a dead Bigpond wireless router and installed it in the laptop. You can try same. Check computer village for the router.

(1) (Reply)

ICT VPN Working Greatly Via Computer Users Unlimited / GTA San Andreas Highly Compressed Only 2 MB [100% Working] / Download Tutorials Point Full Website For Offline Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.