Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) (52492 Views)

Governor Sule Swears In Nasarawa's First Female Chief Judge, Aisha Bashir-Aliyu / Nasarawa First Lady Struggles With Her Speech In English (video) / Nasarawa First Lady Seen Having Issues Reading Her Speech In English (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by ogbenimickey: 2:56pm On Nov 20, 2019
So no one saw d woman behind her
Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by godwon01(m): 2:58pm On Nov 20, 2019
That is what we normally tell them in the house to develop reading news paper and update their knowledge. Ounce in the house , they don't think the position of their husband can change to public figure. They always occupy their time on anticipated rival that will snatch their husband from them. Always busy on irrelevant materials in the house. Even when U invite them to the other room , she will tell U that she has been busy since morning. See her now.

1 Like

Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by Olorunnim: 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2019
Ikem11:

If she is not why is she holding that public office or being in an official state affairs? Shame on you Nigerian youths
Those are the kind of people that enable mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by Tapout(m): 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2019
even with all the millions spent on allocating newspapers to them, they still can't read.

1 Like

Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by slimshady1000: 3:00pm On Nov 20, 2019
Must the women participate in things just because their husbands are governors? I dont get it all...
Maybe she was coerced by one of those chop chop parasites into doing all these...
Sorry for the embarrassment mrs first lady..

1 Like

Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by osaweseforme(m): 3:00pm On Nov 20, 2019
Don't worry, you will soon see her in NASS as a member..... well it not not a new it, it is a northern Nigeria thing except benue, plateau n southern kaduna
Xisnin:

She is not in any position.
Free the woman.
Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 20, 2019
what do you except when alimajeris hijacked power ? their wives becomes first lady nah

1 Like

Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by sterlingD(m): 3:01pm On Nov 20, 2019
mamanotinspoil4:
I can't really complain, she is not an elected official like her husband... But madam you for practice the speech before coming out na grin grin
Or if e too hard, tell them to give you simple one wey go dey easy for you grin grin
Spot on and well said.sey she has some people under her pay roll as staff of the wife of the state governor, some of them ought to be grooming her on in the area of public appearances,giving speech,reading prepared writeup for public speech.

1 Like

Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by Jidibia(m): 3:01pm On Nov 20, 2019
Kyllahmc:
English doesn't determine intelligence... my grandpa couldn't read nor write...but he could fix a wall clock, radio... knew alot about astronomy and science as Early as 1940...

English is just a language... can you speak or read Swahili? can the British read or write Yoruba,Igbo or Hausa?? if not then there is no shame if you can't read in English also.
Fine, she for kukuma read in Hausa make another person interpret in English language.

Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by bigfish3k: 3:02pm On Nov 20, 2019
Kyllahmc:
English doesn't determine intelligence... my grandpa couldn't read nor write...but he could fix a wall clock, radio... knew alot about astronomy and science as Early as 1940...

English is just a language... can you speak or read Swahili? can the British read or write Yoruba,Igbo or Hausa?? if not then there is no shame if you can't read in English also.

I hate this type of defence u are putting up. It's too shalow
did anybody force her to read in English?
Even the Swahili u are talking about has rules governing it

Why didn't she write and read in the language she understands

3 Likes

Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by akilo1: 3:02pm On Nov 20, 2019
Why they nor let her read with huasa na?na by force to speak grammar?
Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by iyatrustee(f): 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
Ikem11:

If she is not why is she holding that public office or being in an official state affairs? Shame on you Nigerian youths

I only asked a question sir. It is the husband who is the elected official here. whatever office she holds is ceremonial by virtue of been married to him and no special competency or best brains like you posited in your previous post is required.

As for your "shame on you Nigeria youth'', it is highly uncalled for as I see no correlation here.
Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by lincs25(m): 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
She try shall, some people are talking bad here but they cannot stand a crowd and talk. She needs to step up shall else another transmission transmission transfusion confusion is loading. lol
Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by Kyllahmc(m): 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
bigfish3k:
I hate this type of defence u are putting up. It's too shalow did anybody force her to read in English? Even the Swahili u are talking about has rules governing it
because of the society...
Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by Amarisa(f): 3:05pm On Nov 20, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by bigfish3k: 3:06pm On Nov 20, 2019
iyatrustee:

Is she an elected official? Which incompetency are you talking about?
Then why is she trying to read a document meant for elected officials
Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by MICHEALADEX(m): 3:07pm On Nov 20, 2019
Give it to the west, and the afonjas cos our women and first ladies are the best. Even the ipob first ladies can't appear in public let alone read speech
Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by bigfish3k: 3:08pm On Nov 20, 2019
Kyllahmc:
because of the society...
that is why she should have hidden herself in her shell and she would have nothing to loose

afterall, it was Maryam Babangida that popularised the office of the first lady
Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by Yabariki: 3:09pm On Nov 20, 2019
Unfortunate
Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by bigfish3k: 3:11pm On Nov 20, 2019
iyatrustee:

I only asked a question sir. It is the husband who is the elected official here. whatever office she h[b]olds is ceremonial by virtue [/b]of been married to him and no special competency or best brains like you posited in your previous post is required.

As for your "shame on you Nigeria youth'', it is highly uncalled for as I see no correlation here.

That is why we are "yabbing" her ceremonially
Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by ejimatic: 3:16pm On Nov 20, 2019
Nairaobserver:
Hajiya Silifat Sule, the wife of Nasarawa state governor, seems to be having difficulty reading her speech.

Watch Video Below
Source https://www.nairafame.com/2019/11/nasarawa-first-lady-seems-to-be-having.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsCze3blT0g

. This is embarrassing....Three possibilities. 1. She did not go to secondary school for she hardly pronounced some words correctly. 2. She did not finish school resulting in her poor communicative competency. 3 If she went to higher institution, which I doubt, she did not attend good GNS classes on speech presentation. A shame to her husband , the state , the region she comes from and , Nigeria.
Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2019
She's not an illiterate. I watched the video and all I could see was someone finding it difficult to read the handwriting used. She pronounced her words right, but was probably finding it difficult to see what was written.

Whoever did that job really needs to be fired but on the contrary, a versed person would've glanced through that speech and delivered offhand. I still love Obama for that.

2 Likes

Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by Dreamville: 3:28pm On Nov 20, 2019
juvewalex:
The husband (governor) might even find it more difficult to read his own speech than the first lady.
Teh hsubnad is an enigneer.
Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by Orpe7(m): 3:37pm On Nov 20, 2019
Must she read it in english
Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by pode(m): 3:40pm On Nov 20, 2019
Kudos to her, I love her braveness
I am looking forward towards her next presentation which I believe she put many people here to shame
Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by Germi9: 3:42pm On Nov 20, 2019
She tried na Abba!!! Who else can read better than her in that gathering? Aint they bunch of illiterates?
Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by khalidjnr(m): 3:44pm On Nov 20, 2019
Beetobee:

Sorry to burst your bubble. She is the 2nd wife, Yoruba. The 1st has been in the US for many years.
Sorry to burst urs too,she's the 1st wife,it is the second that has been in the US..while he got married to the third wife b4 inauguration
Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by 360command: 3:46pm On Nov 20, 2019
English is a language owned by the British. It is not everybody who went to school.. I am proud of the woman. I careless if she cant speak English but will care more if she speaks her native language. Fvck everybody who talks negative about her. She is still a human, a woman who probably must have done lots of positives in her life and the peoples life.

1 Like

Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by Kingsley10000: 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2019
bigfish3k:
I hate this type of defence u are putting up. It's too shalow did anybody force her to read in English? Even the Swahili u are talking about has rules governing it
where are you from let me know how i will answer you.
Neo-colonialism and inferiority complex is affecting you

1 Like

Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by Predator1: 3:51pm On Nov 20, 2019
She started OK, but went off later on. Not necessarily a sign of illiteracy but lack of professional training. She definitely did not practice the speech.
Re: Silifat Sule: Nasarawa First Lady Reading Her Speech With Difficulty (Video) by PrincessGift(f): 3:52pm On Nov 20, 2019
Local woman is flabbergasted undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Hilux Vans Donated By Toyota Company To MNJTF Against Insurgency. Photos / Edo Governorship Results In Tabular Form As Announced So Far by INEC / Patrick Obahiagbon Picks APC Nomination Form For Senate (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.