Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana (1857 Views)

Memories Of DSS Invasion As Buhari, Daura Hold Talks / Meet Bichi Yusuf Magaji: Biography, Profile Of DSS Boss / Who Is Matthew Seiyefa? Biography, Profile Of DSS Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by chibaby1985(f): 9:17am On Nov 20, 2019
Rights lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN), has said that operatives of the Department of State Services turned down his request to drive out detained pro-democracy campaigner and Publisher of Sahara Reporters, Omoyele Sowore, from the headquarters of the agency in Abuja.

Falana said that he was at the DSS facility following an appointment he booked with the agency to enable him visit his client.
DSS spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, had on Tuesday morning claimed that the service was yet to release Sowore because he could be knocked down by a vehicle if left to go on his own.
Falana while reacting to Afunanya's claim, advised the agency to stop misleading and giving false information to members of the public.
He debunked claims by the DSS spokesperson that he had not called the Director-General of the service, who had failed to respond.

https://ebeanonews..com/2019/11/i-offered-to-drive-sowore-out-of-dss-hq.html

http://saharareporters.com/2019/11/20/i-offered-drive-sowore-out-dss-hq-was-turned-down-falana

Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by sLentlover7778(m): 9:25am On Nov 20, 2019
Mr Sowore is not coming out till 2023, PMB is a man of his word when it comes to matter like this..

2 Likes

Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by chibaby1985(f): 9:25am On Nov 20, 2019
Falana however, urged the DSS to restrain Afunanya from further exposing the country to avoidable ridicule in his desperate bid to justify the illegal detention of Sowore and Olawale Bakare widely known as Mandate.

He said, "Before leaving the headquarters of the SSS, I advised the management to restrain Dr Peter Afunanya from further exposing the country to avoidable ridicule in his desperate bid to justify the illegal detention of our clients.

"In view of the claim of the SSS that Mr Sowore could be knocked down by a moving vehicle if left alone, I offered to drive him out of the headquarters of the agency but my request was turned down."

Falana further revealed that in a brief meeting with Sowore and Bakare, he informed them that upon the verification of their sureties, the Federal High Court had ordered their releases from custody.

He said, "In order to arm them to press for their rights, I gave them a certified true copy of the court order for their release which had been served on the SSS management.
"Our clients debunked the claim of Dr Afunanya that they had been given access to telephone and other facilities."

The DSS has continued to hold on to Sowore and Bakare despite two court orders to release them after meeting bail conditions on both occasions
Sowore was arrested in Lagos on August 3, 2019 for calling on Nigerians to take to the streets in peaceful demonstrations to demand a better country from the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

The government has accused him of insulting President Buhari and planning to bring down his government - charges observers around the world including leading legal practitioners describe as frivolous and laughable.

Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by chibaby1985(f): 9:29am On Nov 20, 2019
sLentlover7778:
Mr Sowore is not coming out till 2023, PMB is a man of his word when it comes to matter like this..
And the youths are quiet

3 Likes

Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by godlyguy(m): 9:32am On Nov 20, 2019
chibaby1985:
Rights lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN), has said that operatives of the Department of State Services turned down his request to drive out detained pro-democracy campaigner and Publisher of Sahara Reporters, Omoyele Sowore, from the headquarters of the agency in Abuja.

Falana said that he was at the DSS facility following an appointment he booked with the agency to enable him visit his client.
DSS spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, had on Tuesday morning claimed that the service was yet to release Sowore because he could be knocked down by a vehicle if left to go on his own.
Falana while reacting to Afunanya's claim, advised the agency to stop misleading and giving false information to members of the public.
He debunked claims by the DSS spokesperson that he had not called the Director-General of the service, who had failed to respond.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/11/20/i-offered-drive-sowore-out-dss-hq-was-turned-down-falana
You mean that DSS doesn't want him out ni?
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by sLentlover7778(m): 9:34am On Nov 20, 2019
Youth you say grin cheesy cheesy, when it comes to Tacha and Mercy.. You will see thousands of youth, but matter like this don't concern them..

chibaby1985:
And the youths are quiet

2 Likes

Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by chibaby1985(f): 9:36am On Nov 20, 2019
;DNa we dey make the world go round
sLentlover7778:
Youth you say grin cheesy cheesy, when it comes to Tacha and Mercy.. You will see thousands of youth, but matter like this don't concern them..

Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by chibaby1985(f): 9:37am On Nov 20, 2019
Youths of naija grin
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 20, 2019
sLentlover7778:

So what do we call the youths now - Lazy, Dumb, Misguided or Cowards
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by LabDNA: 9:51am On Nov 20, 2019
Falana and his worthless court Judgements.
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by LabDNA: 9:52am On Nov 20, 2019
Falana and his worthless copies of court Judgements. Judiciary na small pikin for this regime.
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by chibaby1985(f): 10:06am On Nov 20, 2019
writefreely:
Are you not a youth?
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by chibaby1985(f): 10:07am On Nov 20, 2019
LabDNA:
Falana and his worthless copies of court Judgements. Judiciary na small pikin for this regime.
Him people go come after you ooooi
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by chibaby1985(f): 10:10am On Nov 20, 2019
sLentlover7778:
Hate Speech... Abdullahi bill in progress grin
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by SalamRushdie: 10:13am On Nov 20, 2019
The truth is that the hands of the DSS are tied , till they hear from Buhari in Aso Rock there is nothing they can do , that shows how much Buhari has subverted our Judiciary process , the the Judiciary is no longer an arm of govt but merely a ceremonial apparatus whose actions and verdict now serve as mere entertainment for gullible Nigerians while we wait for the real Judge Buhari to decide his own verdict .. Nigerian Judiciary and their verdict today is mere entertainment just like the cheerleader dance during Half time as it has no effect on the final outcome of the match .

2 Likes

Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by chibaby1985(f): 10:18am On Nov 20, 2019
SalamRushdie:
The truth is that the hands of the DSS is tied , till they hear from Buhari in Aso Rock there is nothing they can do , that shows how much Buhari has subverted our Judiciary process , the the Judiciary is no longer an arm of govt but merely a ceremonial apparatus whose actions and verdict now serve as mere entertainment for gullible Nigerians while we wait for the real Judge Buhari to decide his own verdict .. Nigerian Judiciary and their verdict today is mere entertainment just like the cheerleader dance during Half time as it has no effect on the final outcome of the match .
Sowore no send them na?
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 20, 2019
chibaby1985:
Are you not a youth?
Yes but I think differently and challenge the status quo. Just like Apple Inc undecided
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by agbangam: 10:27am On Nov 20, 2019
LabDNA:

Hmmm, be careful with your comment man, tomorrow is pregnant and no one knows what it holds for him/her. In d past it was Buhari, today is Sowore, it could be u or I or our relatives/friend or even any of Buhari's children tomorrow. We should abhor evil and speak out against oppression.
PMB govt. cannot continue like this, ignoring Court orders isn't healthy for any nation.
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by chibaby1985(f): 10:29am On Nov 20, 2019
writefreely:
Yes but I think differently and challenge the status quo. Just like Apple Inc undecided
better
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by agbangam: 10:37am On Nov 20, 2019
SalamRushdie:
The truth is that the hands of the DSS is tied , till they hear from Buhari in Aso Rock there is nothing they can do , that shows how much Buhari has subverted our Judiciary process , the the Judiciary is no longer an arm of govt but merely a ceremonial apparatus whose actions and verdict now serve as mere entertainment for gullible Nigerians while we wait for the real Judge Buhari to decide his own verdict .. Nigerian Judiciary and their verdict today is mere entertainment just like the cheerleader dance during Half time as it has no effect on the final outcome of the match .

True talk bro. PMB has turned the Judiciary to a really ceremonial arm of govt, PMB now chooses which court order to obey. I am pained that the last hope of common man has been turned to a toothless dog. All they need to do is to embark on a full blown strike till PMB govt. starts obeying their judgements. They should closed down the court rooms till sanity returns to the country. The sad part is they are not speaking up or fighting back, the CJN doesn't even care.
The whole nation is just fvcking docile.
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by chibaby1985(f): 10:37am On Nov 20, 2019
LabDNA:
Falana and his worthless court Judgements.
You wicked na your big dad you dey yab?
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by LabDNA: 10:54am On Nov 20, 2019
agbangam:

Hmmm, be careful with your comment man, tomorrow is pregnant and no one knows what it holds for him/her. In d past it was Buhari, today is Sowore, it could be u or I or our relatives/friend or even any of Buhari's children tomorrow. We should abhor evil and speak out against oppression.
PMB govt. cannot continue like this, ignoring Court orders isn't healthy for any nation.
The truth is the truth, they were warned but hate for GEJ and SESS region blinded them.

Do you know the amount of insult and hate speech the East received because they refuse to vote a known dictator, after many Nigerians agreed that OBJ will be the last president with military antecedents to ever rule this country?

Let them reap their harvest of hate. I'm less concerned. If Abacha ressurects I'll vote him. Nobody has a monopoly of madness.
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by chibaby1985(f): 11:01am On Nov 20, 2019
LabDNA:
The truth is the truth, they were warned but hate for GEJ and SESS region blinded them.

Do you know the amount of insult and hate speech the East received because they refuse to vote a known dictator, after many Nigerians agreed that OBJ will be the last president with military antecedents to ever rule this country?

Let them reap their harvest of hate. I'm less concerned. If Abacha ressurects I'll vote him. Nobody has a monopoly of madness.
Bros you go tough oooo for real life
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by efighter: 12:00pm On Nov 20, 2019
LabDNA:

Senior Wailer. Obviously the lost of two consecutive elections back to back has made you develop psychaitric disorders and mental imbalance. Keep wailing, even your Goatluck Jonathan is now with APC and Buhari while you are still crying.

1 Like

Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by LabDNA: 12:43pm On Nov 20, 2019
efighter:

Senior Wailer. Obviously the lost of two consecutive elections back to back has made you develop psychaitric disorders and mental imbalance. Keep wailing, even your Goatluck Jonathan is now with APC and Buhari while you are still crying.
You lost elections in 1960, 1970s, 1990s even in early 2000s till 2015. You are the serial loser sir.
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by LabDNA: 12:45pm On Nov 20, 2019
chibaby1985:
Bros you go tough oooo for real life

The world is a difficult place, only the tough succeed.
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by Originakalokalo(m): 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2019
In Jesus there is freedom from anxiety, nightmares, bondages of the spiritual world, etc.

Accept Jesus and be free.

Jesus loves you. He wants to give you rest from your labour.
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by chibaby1985(f): 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2019
Buharists and wailers are now on BOARD grin
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by yemmight(m): 1:20pm On Nov 20, 2019
A big agency like DSS cooked up such a story.
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by Daviddson(m): 2:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
How I wish someone can go drop a bomb on the DSS HQ premises (without causing any harm to anybody, but roasting at least 10 vehicles packed there) as a way to send out a strong message. cool
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by Fuckandcum: 2:51pm On Nov 20, 2019
[s]
Daviddson:
How I wish someone can go drop a bomb on the DSS HQ premises (without causing any harm to anybody, but roasting at least 10 vehicles packed there) as a way to send out a strong message. cool
[/s]
Re: I Offered To Drive Sowore Out Of DSS HQ But Was Turned Down -falana by bluke(m): 3:56pm On Nov 20, 2019
writefreely:

all of the above

(1) (2) (Reply)

"You Don't Own Nigeria And You Can't Rule Forever" FFK Fires Back / Why We Massacre Borno Rice Farmer -bokoharam / Koiki Send Strong Warning To Oba Adedotun The Alake Of Egba Not To Try Himself.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.