Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,804 members, 7,956,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:59 PM

Can We Reason These Together; Is It Fair Or Not? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can We Reason These Together; Is It Fair Or Not? (372 Views)

Biracial: What Could Be The Reason For Fair Complexion Among The Igbos? / Why Are Igbos Mostly Fair ? / Mbe Follows Nkita To The Wresting Fair. ( Igbo Folktale) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can We Reason These Together; Is It Fair Or Not? by AjayOfficial(m): 7:26pm On Nov 20, 2019
Okay just recently my cousin got married,wedding ceremony was held in the east, Enugu state to be precise. A lot of people graced the occasion from far and near across states in Nigeria, but d attendants that got my attention was a family friend,a couple that flew in from Kenya. They are Nigerians but now based in Kenya. I took care of their travel arrangement and here is the breakdown;
: Return ticket from Kenya to Lagos N290k ×2 = 580k
: Return ticket Lagos to Owerri (because Enugu airport is closed) 46k × 2 = 92k
: Land transportation Owerri to Enugu 25k (chartered car)
: Hotel (5 nights) 75k
: chartered cab to move around 40k
Then feeding and other miscellaneous expenses which I cannot calculate, but those expenses listed above amounted to N712k.
So my thought was why not stay put in Kenya and send the couple even 500k and do video call to congratulate them rather than spending that much to come down here to shake their hands,take photographs and give them 50k inside brown envelope (that is the amount my cousin said the man gave him).

So guys what do u think, I don't know if am making sense oh but that is my own opinion to the matter.
Re: Can We Reason These Together; Is It Fair Or Not? by menzino(m): 8:24pm On Nov 20, 2019
Ogbeni calm down a little. It's a wedding, not a fund raising. If everyone should send in a quota of their expenses, who will attend the wedding??

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gargiulo, Legendary Principal, Buried In Ondo / Cheapest International Exams Registration / The Story Of An Industrious Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.