Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:40 AM

1st Male Contraceptive: Injection To The Penis Now In The Market - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 1st Male Contraceptive: Injection To The Penis Now In The Market (712 Views)

Male Contraceptive Nears Completion / No Exercise Or Drug Can Grow The Penis- Dr Olufunmilayo / See This Male Contraceptive That Blocks Sperm From Leaving The Penis During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1st Male Contraceptive: Injection To The Penis Now In The Market by MisterGrace: 10:11pm On Nov 20, 2019
Editorial Times | Lagos

The Indian Council of Medical Research, a government-funded biomedical research agency, has successfully completed a clinical trial on an inject-able male contraceptive, the Hindustan Times reported.

Dr. R.S. Sharma, senior scientist with ICMR, told the local news outlet that “The product is ready, with only regulatory approvals pending [from the government],” “The trials are over, including extended, Phase 3 clinical trials for which 303 candidates were recruited with a 97.3% success rate and no reported side effects. The product can safely be called the world’s first male contraceptive.”

The birth control method, is expected to last approximately 13 years and involves injecting a polymer, called styrene maleic anhydride into the vas deferens, effectively blocking sperm from leaving the testicles. The shot, preceded by a dose of local anesthesia, is designed to supplant a traditional vasectomy. There is no indication whether injected men will still be able to enjoy sex as the sperms will be blocked from leaving the testicles.

Similary, researchers in the US have developed a similar contraceptive, called Vasalgel, which has not yet been brought to market. A male birth control pill also exists, though researchers anticipate it’ll be about 10 years before the drug makes it to market. Also, drugs such as these can only prevent pregnancy, and do not protect against STDs.

“The polymer was developed by Professor S.K. Guha from the Indian Institute of Technology in the 1970s. ICMR has been researching on it to turn it into a product for mass use since 1984, and the final product is ready after exhaustive trials,” said Sharma. Researchers call this reversible inhibition of sperm under guidance.

Drugs Controller General of India V.G. Somani said, because of pending regulatory approval, it “will still take about six to seven months … before the product can be manufactured,” they told Hindustan Times.

In the meantime, Vice asked several Indian men if they were open to the idea of a shot in the groin to prevent pregnancy. Many agreed that more options would be a boon for men and women, though many weren’t keen on needling their nether regions.

“When I think about this whole concept of contraception that you have to inject … it’s too graphic,” said 33-year-old Abhay. “Our [testicles] are like family jewels, so if I have to resort to using any kind of contraceptive, I’d rather go for a pill.”

Shreyes, 24, liked the idea of a male contraceptive because women are “already burdened enough,” but he thinks an injection may be too much for men, adding that he’d “rather not have sex at all” in that case.

“Men are not too used to making changes in their routine, so it has to be marketed in a way that doesn’t seem so intense or difficult,” he said.

http://www.editorialtimes.com/1st-male-contraceptive-injection-to-the-penis-now-in-the-market/
Re: 1st Male Contraceptive: Injection To The Penis Now In The Market by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:14pm On Nov 20, 2019
did they say injection inside the anaconda?!?!?!?! i guess we will continue relying on pills and condoms then...

[img]https://media./images/74956940b83f7107fd75418d3e1ca4fc/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: 1st Male Contraceptive: Injection To The Penis Now In The Market by aminu790(m): 10:22pm On Nov 20, 2019
shocked

1 Like

Re: 1st Male Contraceptive: Injection To The Penis Now In The Market by Jasen1(m): 10:29pm On Nov 20, 2019
Lolzz needle for prick habaaa

1 Like

Re: 1st Male Contraceptive: Injection To The Penis Now In The Market by uzohrome(m): 11:12pm On Nov 20, 2019
Dey no get work be that ni

1 Like

Re: 1st Male Contraceptive: Injection To The Penis Now In The Market by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 11:28pm On Nov 20, 2019
All I see is POISON being injected into the PENIS.
Wouldn't even wish my enemies use this.

CUMMING is a FEELING only behind in the pecking order of being a TRILLIONAIRE.

Nonsense.
Re: 1st Male Contraceptive: Injection To The Penis Now In The Market by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:41pm On Nov 20, 2019
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
All I see is POISON being injected into the PENIS.
Wouldn't even wish my enemies use this.

CUMMING is a FEELING only behind in the pecking order of being a TRILLIONAIRE.

Nonsense.

bro, you would still cuum , just that there would be no live sperm in your semen. there is a huge difference between SPERM and SEMEN.
sperm is the reproductive cell that swim inside the seminal fluid.... while semen is just the seminal fluid where that sperm must swim in. thats why many men have semen but are still considered infertile.

the above contraceptive would just block sperm from reaching the seminal fluid, but the dude would still cuum.
Re: 1st Male Contraceptive: Injection To The Penis Now In The Market by dominique(f): 11:54pm On Nov 20, 2019
The guys won't agree to this, what they'll agree to is ladies risking breast and ovarian cancer with all the hormonal contraceptives out there
Re: 1st Male Contraceptive: Injection To The Penis Now In The Market by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 12:00am On Nov 21, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

bro, you would still cuum , just that there would be no live sperm in your semen. there is a huge difference between SPERM and SEMEN.
sperm is the reproductive cell that swim inside the seminal fluid.... while semen is just the seminal fluid where that sperm must swim in. thats why many men have semen but are still considered infertile.

the above contraceptive would just block sperm from reaching the seminal fluid, but the dude would still cuum.

Slowly read the last sentence in paragraph 3 and explain it.

Don't give another meaning to this.
Remember CUMMING is very different from ORGASM.
Re: 1st Male Contraceptive: Injection To The Penis Now In The Market by OiOi: 1:16am On Nov 21, 2019
They still have a lot of work to do... Moreover women are not complaining about postinor
Re: 1st Male Contraceptive: Injection To The Penis Now In The Market by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:14am On Nov 21, 2019
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

Slowly read the last sentence in paragraph 3 and explain it.

Don't give another meaning to this.
Remember CUMMING is very different from ORGASM.

i dont know what paragraph you are talking about... i am giving you facts on the male organ. aka a man can cuum whether he has sperm or none in his semen!

1 Like

Re: 1st Male Contraceptive: Injection To The Penis Now In The Market by MisterGrace: 8:11am On Nov 21, 2019
I mean needle in my glorious peepee? Nah! I think I'll pass.

By the way, Dominique, the ladies isn't as painful as this. The peepee is very delicate, I no want something that will not make it charge up again biko.

(1) (Reply)

A Woman Healed From HIV Positive to HIV NEGATIVE. / Goko Cleanser Herbal, A Cure For Various Illnesses / Port-harcourt Lockdown Day3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.