Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

“Were It Not For You, I Would Not Have Created The Universe.” - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / “Were It Not For You, I Would Not Have Created The Universe.” (729 Views)

The Universe Came Into Existence After Not Existing / Woman Not Created From Her Husband's Rib / Sex Was Created For Three Basic Purposes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Were It Not For You, I Would Not Have Created The Universe.” by AbuTwins: 7:55am On Nov 21, 2019
Question
I have got a question regarding a hadeeth (prophetic narration). How sound is the hadeeth that states, that were it not for Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) Allah would not have created this world?
To be honest I am a bit suspicious about this hadeeth, could you shed some light on the matter?

Answer
Praise be to Allaah

Many false and fabricated ahadeeth (narrations) have been narrated that say similar things. For example:
“Were it not for you, I would not have created the universe.”
This was quoted by al-Shawkani in al-Fawaid al-Majmoo’ah fi’l-Ahadeeth al-Mawdoo’ah (p. 326). He said:
Al-San’ani said: (it is) mawdoo’ (fabricated).
Al-Albani said in al-Silsilah al-Da’eefah (282): (it is) mawdoo’.

Another example is the hadeeth narrated by al-Hakim according to which Ibn ‘Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) said:
“Allah revealed to ‘Eesa (Jesus, peace be upon him): ‘O ‘Eesa, believe in Muhammad, and tell whoever you meet of your ummah (followers) to believe in him. For were it not for Muhammad, I would not have created Adam, and were it not for Muhammad, I would not have created Paradise and Hell. I created the Throne over the water and it would not settle until I wrote on it, La ilaha ill-Allah Muhammad Rasool Allah (There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah).”
Al-Hakim said: its isnad (chain of narration) is saheeh! But al-Thahabi commented on this and said: I believe it is fabricated and falsely attributed to Sa’eed.
Meaning, Sa’eed ibn Abu ‘Aroobah (one of the narrators of this hadeeth). This hadeeth was narrated from him by ‘Amr ibn Aws al-Ansari, who is the one who is accused of fabricating it. Al-Thahabi mentioned him in al-Meezan where he said: “He produced a munkar (rejected) report,” then he quoted this hadeeth, and said, “I believe that it is mawdoo’ (fabricated).” Al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar agreed with him, as it says in al-Lisan.

Al-Albani said in al-Silsilah al-Da’eefah (280): There is no basis for it.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) was asked:
Is the hadeeth which some people quote – “Were it not for you, Allah would not have created the Throne or the Kursiy (lit. Footstool) or the earth or the heavens or the sun or the moon or anything else” saheeh or not?
He replied:
Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) is the leader of the sons of Adam (peace be upon him), and the best and noblest of creation, hence some people say that Allah created the universe because of him, or that were it not for him, Allah would not have created the Throne or the Kursiy or the earth or the heavens or the sun or the moon.
But this hadeeth that is narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) is neither saheeh (sound) nor da’eef (weak), and it was not narrated by any scholar in a hadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). Neither was it known from the Sahabah/Companions (may Allah be pleased with them). Rather it is the words of one who is unknown.
Majmoo’ al-Fatawa, 11/86-96.

The Standing Committee was asked:
Can it be said that Allah created the heavens and the earth for the purpose of creating the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)? What is the meaning of the hadeeth, “Were it not for you the universe would not have been created,” and does this hadeeth have any basis?
They replied:
The heavens and the earth were not created for the sake of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), rather they were created for the purpose which Allah mentions (interpretation of the meaning):
“It is Allah Who has created seven heavens and of the earth the like thereof (i.e. seven). His Command descends between them (heavens and earth), that you may know that Allah has power over all things, and that Allah surrounds all things in (His) Knowledge.” [65:12]
As for the hadeeth mentioned, it is falsely attributed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and has no sound basis.
Fatawa al-Lajnah al-Daimah, 1/312

Shaykh Ibn Baz was asked about this hadeeth and he said:
The answer is that this was transmitted from the words of some of the common people who have no understanding. Some people say that the world was created for the sake of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and were it not for Muhammad the world would not have been created and mankind would not have been created. This is false and has no basis, and these are corrupt words. Allah created the world so that He would be known and worshipped. He created the world and He created mankind so that His names and attributes, His power and knowledge, would be known and so that He alone would be worshipped with no partner or associate, and so that He would be obeyed – not for the sake of Muhammad or for the sake of Nooh or Moosa or ‘Eesa or any other Prophet (peace be upon them all). Rather Allah created the universe so that He alone would be worshipped, with no partner or associate.
Fatawa Noor ‘ala al-Darb, 46.

And Allah knows best.

IslamQA

1 Like

Re: “Were It Not For You, I Would Not Have Created The Universe.” by Blakjewelry(m): 8:04am On Nov 21, 2019
because it did occur to Allah that the universe is big monster. he probably thought the was flat too and its the universe
Re: “Were It Not For You, I Would Not Have Created The Universe.” by AbuTwins: 11:45am On Nov 21, 2019
Blakjewelry:
because it did occur to Allah that the universe is big monster. he probably thought the was flat too and its the universe
You need to proofread your comment and edit. Criticise yourself first before jumping to criticise others.
Re: “Were It Not For You, I Would Not Have Created The Universe.” by Blakjewelry(m): 12:30pm On Nov 21, 2019
AbuTwins:

You need to proofread your comment and edit. Criticise yourself first before jumping to criticise others.
lol you thought i didnt read it all before? yes i did and i saw the arguments you put out there but i still stand by my word. sorry i was the word Allah because i was actually talking about the guys who wrote and made contribution to these holy books because while they actually thought they are receiving divine inspiration, its actually their own thought they are putting down hence they are the god themselves so my initial statement still stand
Re: “Were It Not For You, I Would Not Have Created The Universe.” by saddler: 9:03am On Nov 24, 2019
The universe created for man?

Story
Re: “Were It Not For You, I Would Not Have Created The Universe.” by Babaheekmat: 6:15pm On Nov 24, 2019
This is a core part of the belief of Sufi

And yet people belief sufi are Muslim.

Adam Abdullah is referred to as a Muslim
Re: “Were It Not For You, I Would Not Have Created The Universe.” by AbuTwins: 7:52am On Nov 25, 2019
Babaheekmat:
This is a core part of the belief of Sufi

And yet people belief sufi are Muslim.

Adam Abdullah is referred to as a Muslim

Please don't derail the thread. The topic is not about Sufi nor any Sheikh. If you have issues with Sufi or any sheikh kindly open your thread to address such. Thank you.
Re: “Were It Not For You, I Would Not Have Created The Universe.” by Babaheekmat: 9:02am On Nov 26, 2019
AbuTwins:

Please don't derail the thread. The topic is not about Sufi nor any Sheikh. If you have issues with Sufi or any sheikh kindly open your thread to address such. Thank you.

You see your life. You are openly practicing your mumayiun aqeedah.

For you not to be able to condemn sufi. You probably follower of alaro or Amubieya or sarumi.

So this is the Islam rosul left for you.

No Al Walah Wa Barah..

Nonsense
Re: “Were It Not For You, I Would Not Have Created The Universe.” by AbuTwins: 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2019
Babaheekmat:

You see your life. You are openly practicing your mumayiun aqeedah.

For you not to be able to condemn sufi. You probably follower of alaro or Amubieya or sarumi.

So this is the Islam rosul left for you.

No Al Walah Wa Barah..

Nonsense

Anyone who does not join you in condemning does you condemn you start calling them names!
Is this Salafiyyah?
Laa! Jabatawiyyah!
Open your threads to propagate your Manhaj/Aqeedah. Don't bring your viruses here.
Re: “Were It Not For You, I Would Not Have Created The Universe.” by Babaheekmat: 10:06pm On Nov 28, 2019
AbuTwins:

Anyone who does not join you in condemning does you condemn you start calling them names!
Is this Salafiyyah?
Laa! Jabatawiyyah!
Open your threads to propagate your Manhaj/Aqeedah. Don't bring your viruses here.

Mumu..

Go and join your friends.. Mssn and others.. Just like the mugofal Rasheedi went to affirm TMC as Muslims on radio in saki, the idiot even affirm bidah for anabi..

Stupid kafir
Re: “Were It Not For You, I Would Not Have Created The Universe.” by AbuTwins: 7:53am On Nov 29, 2019
Babaheekmat:

Mumu..

Go and join your friends.. Mssn and others.. Just like the mugofal Rasheedi went to affirm TMC as Muslims on radio in saki, the idiot even affirm bidah for anabi..

Stupid kafir

'Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'as (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Four are the qualities which, when found in a person, make him a sheer hypocrite, and one who possesses one of them, possesses one characteristic of hypocrisy until he abandons it. These are: When he is entrusted with something, he betrays trust; when he speaks, he lies; when he promises, he acts treacherously; and when he argues, he behaves in a very imprudent, insulting manner."

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
Re: “Were It Not For You, I Would Not Have Created The Universe.” by Babaheekmat: 8:45am On Nov 29, 2019
AbuTwins:

'Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'as (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Four are the qualities which, when found in a person, make him a sheer hypocrite, and one who possesses one of them, possesses one characteristic of hypocrisy until he abandons it. These are: When he is entrusted with something, he betrays trust; when he speaks, he lies; when he promises, he acts treacherously; and when he argues, he behaves in a very imprudent, insulting manner."

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Laughing.. See this Factionist defender.. Using hadith on kufar on me.
Laughing.

This hadith is actually talking about you.

You are a hypocrite. You refused to condemn the kufar
You are insulting someone who condemned the kufar

Laughing. Agbako ni e
Re: “Were It Not For You, I Would Not Have Created The Universe.” by AbuTwins: 8:52am On Nov 29, 2019
Babaheekmat:

Laughing.. See this Factionist defender.. Using hadith on kufar on me.
Laughing.

This hadith is actually talking about you.

You are a hypocrite. You refused to condemn the kufar
You are insulting someone who condemned the kufar

Laughing.Agbako ni e

Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'as (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Four are the qualities which, when found in a person, make him a sheer hypocrite, and one who possesses one of them, possesses one characteristic of hypocrisy until he abandons it. These are: When he is entrusted with something, he betrays trust; when he speaks, he lies; when he promises, he acts treacherously;and when he argues, he behaves in a very imprudent, insulting manner."
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Your Ustadh never taught you manners at all.
Re: “Were It Not For You, I Would Not Have Created The Universe.” by Babaheekmat: 10:03am On Nov 29, 2019
AbuTwins:

Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'as (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Four are the qualities which, when found in a person, make him a sheer hypocrite, and one who possesses one of them, possesses one characteristic of hypocrisy until he abandons it. These are: When he is entrusted with something, he betrays trust; when he speaks, he lies; when he promises, he acts treacherously;and when he argues, he behaves in a very imprudent, insulting manner."
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Your Ustadh never taught you manners at all.

Muslims won't ever respect or be gentle with the idiots changing the laws of Allah, using their filthy brain to invent new things in the deen of Allah.

You expect me to respect you? You don't respect Quran or hadith nor Allah or Rosul.

You are defending the kufar
Re: “Were It Not For You, I Would Not Have Created The Universe.” by AbuTwins: 11:51am On Nov 29, 2019
Babaheekmat:

Muslims won't ever respect or be gentle with the idiots changing the laws of Allah, using their filthy brain to invent new things in the deen of Allah.

You expect me to respect you? You don't respect Quran or hadith nor Allah or Rosul.

You are defending the kufar

Even Moses was asked to speak gentle to Fir'aon.

Qur'an 020:044
'But speak; to him with gentle speech (Arabic: Qawlan Layyinan), perhaps he may take heed of the reminder or fear God'

Continue to exhibit your low IQ and mannerlessness on NL.
Re: “Were It Not For You, I Would Not Have Created The Universe.” by Babaheekmat: 3:19pm On Nov 29, 2019
AbuTwins:

Even Moses was asked to speak gentle to Fir'aon.

Qur'an 020:044
'But speak; to him with gentle speech (Arabic: Qawlan Layyinan), perhaps he may take heed of the reminder or fear God'

Continue to exhibit your low IQ and mannerlessness on NL.

Laughing.. This is what sufi presented as dalil for Sheik Al Muhadith Muhammad Ali Jabata as dalil because he's too hard on them.. When he was refuting the Kafir Adam Abdullah

Even if you read the verse. You would think it's supporting you. Find a sunni to explain the verse for you.

Laughing
Re: “Were It Not For You, I Would Not Have Created The Universe.” by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2019
Babaheekmat:

Laughing.. This is what sufi presented as dalil for Sheik Al Muhadith Muhammad Ali Jabata as dalil because he's too hard on them.. When he was refuting the Kafir Adam Abdullah
Even if you read the verse. You would think it's supporting you. Find a sunni to explain the verse for you.
Laughing

You Started with laughing and ended with laughing....

Who does this online except a "dee yoo en cee eee"!

We ask Allah to cure you of your malady. Most Jabata students suffer from this manner-less and laughing syndrome.
Re: “Were It Not For You, I Would Not Have Created The Universe.” by Babaheekmat: 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

You Started with laughing and ended with laughing....

Who does this online except a "dee yoo en cee eee"!

We ask Allah to cure you of your malady. Most Jabata students suffer from this manner-less and laughing syndrome.

Kaaaaafir

(1) (Reply)

How The 1500 Years Old Bible Differs From The Modern Bible / You Give Muslims A Bad Name / Two Ironic Statements Often Made By Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.