Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,939 members, 7,848,784 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:19 AM

Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song (58824 Views)

Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 / Chike Edozien 96th Birthday: Okowa Greets Asagba Of Asaba Obi / Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2019
hybridblood07:
Sir, you've a point and I agree with you. If he had loyal men and maximum security at that time, be would have achieve his aim.

Look at General Gowon, he was able to withstand every threat throughout his tenure as Head of State.
This is not about having loyal men or not . The coup that was carried out was seen as an ethnic coup . Tension was high , Ojukwu and other sectional leaders warned him to dissolve the country instead he decided to embark on a peace treaty. Guy my grand father was a major player in the 1966 war he told me almost everything that transpired. Ironsi is a bastard that should have never existed . He subjected to this condition. What stop him from immediately disintegrating Nigeria after the coup . The hand writing was written all over the wall that Nigeria cannot work as one but because of his selfish desire for power he decided to go for unitary government.

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by MrBONE2(m): 2:06pm On Nov 21, 2019
siegfried99:

Wait a minute...I think since I have been on Nairaland..this has to be my FTC.. on a lalasticlala thread.

Where is my price oga Seun? grin cheesy
grin

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by TemmyT002(m): 2:56pm On Nov 21, 2019
I can bet she doesn't even know who Tekno is.
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2019
dear Lord the giver of life, may our parents live up to this age in Jesus' name. Amen
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by Okoroawusa: 3:41pm On Nov 21, 2019
adarayz:
Let me not see any igbo amaka here ooo

Am also an igbo girl, but you guys are pissing me off with your unwarranted competition

Please lets be guided

Let's drop the Tribal war embrace peace.

Even if you are not cool with other ethnic groups just walk away, and not to comment stamens that promotes hate

#be_guided
Can I give you like 50 "likes"...

Am igbo too n the whole thing is getting childish especially on Nairaland because it's a faceless forum
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by hybridblood07(m): 4:16pm On Nov 21, 2019
Alright. I would say I agree with your grand father...My grand father was also in the military and work with several military leaders. Im also in the military thats why i kept the conversatoon going.quote author=Sirvingeo post=84236504]
This is not about having loyal men or not . The coup that was carried out was seen as an ethnic coup . Tension was high , Ojukwu and other sectional leaders warned him to dissolve the country instead he decided to embark on a peace treaty. Guy my grand father was a major player in the 1966 war he told me almost everything that transpired. Ironsi is a bastard that should have never existed . He subjected to this condition. What stop him from immediately disintegrating Nigeria after the coup . The hand writing was written all over the wall that Nigeria cannot work as one but because of his selfish desire for power he decided to go for unitary government.[/quote]
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by tunary(m): 4:55pm On Nov 21, 2019
siegfried99:
Wow at 96 and still kicking it.

More strength to her.

Happy Birthday Ma.

Wait a minute...I think since I have been on Nairaland..this has to be my FTC.. on a lalasticlala thread.

Where is my price oga Seun? grin cheesy
What kinda price do they give for first to comment?
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by orisa37: 5:03pm On Nov 21, 2019
God bless you Ma.
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2019
jneutron4000:
hahaha how did it prove Ironsi innocence? As I have said, I am not going to blame Gowon rather the fact is that Ironsi decrees brought down the wall of regional government. Ironsi is so myopic or perhaps had his own motives to have made such decree in an heterogeneous country like Nigeria. Am sure if you are from the Northern part of the country, you would have showered Gowon praises for his policies on the sharing formula. There is no point going on with this argument with you because you all are known to blame others for your misdeeds, I remembered one igbo man telling me Ironsi did not act on Igbos interests, now you are trying to still defend Ironsi deeds. Glory be to God that Awolowo was not in this picture if not you guys would have blamed him as well.

I have a problem with the fact that you have failed to see beyond your tribalistic inclinations. It was clear that Ironsi did not remove the regions with their sharing formula rather it was Gowon that did. During Ironsi's regime the regions were intact and their revenue sharing was intact. Ojukwu(East), Ejoor(Mid west) Hassan Katsina(North) and Fajuyi(West). Gowon dismantled regions and centralized the revenue sharing formula even with Awolowo as finance minister who should have cautioned him, but he didn't and you sit here saying that Ironsi should be blamed. My Guy please reason like a higher primate and don't debase yourself to the thinking faculty of animals. please
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by jneutron4000: 5:36pm On Nov 21, 2019
obynzo:

I have a problem with the fact that you have failed to see beyond your tribalistic inclinations. It was clear that Ironsi did not remove the regions with their sharing formula rather it was Gowon that did. During Ironsi's regime the regions were intact and their revenue sharing was intact. Ojukwu(East), Ejoor(Mid west) Hassan Katsina(North) and Fajuyi(West). Gowon dismantled regions and centralized the revenue sharing formula even with Awolowo as finance minister who should have cautioned him, but he didn't and you sit here saying that Ironsi should be blamed. My Guy please reason like a higher primate and don't debase yourself to the thinking faculty of animals. please
in your mind you think you have made sense with all the grammars you typed. Anyways it's a known fact you like living in denial of the Unification decree your brother Ironsi introduced. Aguiyi Ironsi destroyed regional system of government simple, and stop fooling yourself online

1 Like

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by madjune(m): 5:59pm On Nov 21, 2019
Innovate07:

Same way Ironsi would have slept had he not been killed. Those who kill by the sword die by the sword was what happened to Ironsi. As for Danjuma, he was among the lucky ones who didn't get killed. They were all guilty and that include your Ironsi

For your information, Ironsi did not kill.
He wasn't party to the coup.
Those officers just put him in charge because he was the most senior.
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by Owerri1stSon: 7:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
Sirvingeo:
Aguiyi Ironsi is a betrayal just like Nnamdi Azikiwe . Our real Hero is Odumegwu Ojukwu .

You mumu
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by Massif: 7:50pm On Nov 21, 2019
she most look younger.No husband right from 1966 to till now( she is busy fucking young dick sugar mom with fresh youths.
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 21, 2019
Sirvingeo:
Aguiyi Ironsi is a betrayal just like Nnamdi Azikiwe . Our real Hero is Odumegwu Ojukwu .

Ojukwu also is a betrayal
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 21, 2019
lalasticlala:
Former First Lady, Victoria Aguiyi Ironsi turns 96, shows her dance steps even at that age.

Victoria's husband was the former Head of State. JTU Aguiyi-Ironsi was the first military head of state of Nigeria. He was assassinated on 29 July 1966.

Happy birthday to her. She's still full of life as she dances to Tekno's song on Instagram.
grin grin grin

cc lzaa gmbuharii

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by mrchineke: 9:15pm On Nov 21, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Ebee ka onye ala nke a si daputa?

Ya fada
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by Sazzy457: 10:04pm On Nov 21, 2019
Strong woman

Happy Birthday to you
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 21, 2019
mrchineke:

Ya fada

Onye awuru aki
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by googi: 11:34pm On Nov 21, 2019
https://thenationonlineng.net/balewa-declared-state-emergency-west-1962-ii/

“The truth is that in the House of Assembly that day, hon. Members were assembled as we are here now assembled; prayers were said and then immediately after that, one Mr. Oke, a supporter of Chief Akintola, a Member from Ogbomosho, jumped on the desk and was running about on the desk and then lifted a chair and struck somebody on the head. That is how it started, and then thereafter one Mr. Ebubedike, the Member for Badagry, who lives in Ajeromi, took the Mace and then in an attempt to strike the Speaker with the Mace, the Mace struck the Table and broke into two. These events were witnessed by the Police and then chairs were lifted and were thrown all over the place by supporters of Chief Akintola. •Eric Teniola, a former director at the presidency stays in Lagos
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 06, 2020
[quote author=jneutron4000 post=84232231]This text i pasted below, is copied from the YYF who are top brain box, good researchers and 99.9% are facts and true.

EMERGENCE OF DOMINATION:
At the Legislative Council of Nigeria, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, an Ibo man was the member representing Lagos between 1947 (In the same year they began to call our city Lagos a cosmopolitan state, A.K.A “no-man’s land”) and 1951 and Zik later became the leader of the opposition in the Western Region House of Assembly between 1952 and 1953, before becoming member for Onitsha in the Eastern House of Assembly and later Premier of the Eastern Region House of Assembly between 1954 and 1960, after he had dislodged Professor Eyo Ita, the then Premier of the Eastern Region.

Chief Samuel Ladoke Akintola was Premier of the Western Region in 1962 when Prime Minister Abubakar Tafawa Balewa imposed a state of emergency in Nigeria’s western region.

As lawmakers deliberated Balewa’s position in the Western regional assembly on May 25, 1962, Mr. Emmanuel Ebubedike, an Ibo man from Ozubulu, in present day Anambra State, representing Ajeromi- BadagryIfelodun Constituency, who had been displeased with the unaccomplished ambition of Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe to become the first Premier of the Western Region, seized the mace and deployed same as a head battering weapon; with a fist fight breaking all around him.

As chairs were flung all over the floor of the House, Ebubedike grabbed the mace and dared anyone to come close. When the Speaker, Hon. Prince Adeleke Adedoyin and other lawmakers came close, Ebubedike used the mace on them.

The mace as a weapon of head destruction was thus born in Nigeria.

FACTS AGAINST THE IBO PROPAGANDISTS:

1. In any complex country like Nigeria, with around 51 ethnic groups, the Parasite Nations will certainly use the brilliant Feeble minds among the richest nations in the Union to subjugate their nations and their strong kinsmen, for the fact that they will always be an obstacle to their missions. The main strategy is to turn their state of mind into an ideology, to think of others as themselves, while they are guarded secretly by a different ideology of conservatism as they run partisan together, their victims (The Yoruba Liberals) do not know that identity politics is the only means by which they can preserve themselves and their nation.

2. On the 29th May 1962, the Federal Government dissolved the House of Assembly, imposed an emergency rule on the Western Region, under the Emergency Power Act, 1962 and appointed Dr. Moses Adekoyejo Majekodunmi, as Administrator of Western Region till 31st December, 1962.

In response to the state of emergency in the West in 1962, the leader of the opposition in the Federal Parliament and leader of the Action Group, Chief Obafemi Awolowo said ( summarily):������

“The first question which any reasonable person ought to ask himself is this. Is there a state of emergency in the Western Region? That is the most important question which the Prime Minister and the Cabinet must ask themselves. Not long ago after independence, there was rioting of a most severe nature in the Tiv Division of Northern Nigeria. Several lives were lost, several properties were destroyed, there was arson and a host other crimes were committed. At that time, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa was the Prime Minister. He did not think it fit to call the Parliament to declare a state of emergency in the Northern Region.

Also in Okrika- there was widespread rioting in Okrika; again, several lives and properties were lost. I understand that this widespread rioting in Okrika occurred twice in the Eastern Region. The Prime Minister and the Cabinet did not think it fit on that occasion to declare a state of public emergency in the Eastern Region."

3. The Ibos will tell you that the altercation between our two political leaders paved the way for the first coup d'état that is aimed by their kinsmen in military to help Obafemi awolowo rule the country and get rid of the corrupt politicians of the country while none of their leaders was killed in the coup. Whilst they simply use the balancing act to set up the eerie that they ever had for the Yoruba nation, with the support of their northern political ally, who they eventually betrayed, by chance for them to rule the country, as the colonial Brits did.

4. All of these plans are well placed to break down the western region, in order to destroy the Yoruba civilization and make life miserable for its citizens while filtering out all its wealth to help the parasite nations who lack human capital, but pretend that all of these plans are not replicated over time. It takes careful thought to understand how we are subjected to the unitary system of governance that we practice today. This system was a blueprint of the Ibo before being abducted by the Fulanis with a counter-coup.

5. The ibos blamed the military for the coup and the abolition of the regional government system in 1966, just as the Fulani blamed the military for the 1999 constitution when they were in a hurry to switch government between military rule and civilian rule, which is more than twenty years now without dissolution. It makes no sense that Nigeria is 59 years old, while her constitution is 20 years old, besides the fact that it was simply designed to favor their regions in the progression of organized violence in both cases. The honest and lawful solution in every human justification should be a return to the regional system of government that corresponds to the will of the people before independence and the recognized constitution of all nationalities after independence (1963 constitution).

CONCLUSION:
Now both see and understand that the demand for a return to regional governance, as endorsed by all nationalities, is growing in nationalism, and they are now trying to formulate a hate speech policy to challenge the demand for the reality on ground to alleviate the fake unity. The hate speech does not bother us, because all those evil system invented against humanity that trigger hate speech need to be addressed first, before we can take it seriously.

Go and read the declassified British archives on the dismantling of the empire chronicling Nigeria's independence. The western region then AG had majority, but needed 3 out of 5 votes to have a representation in Lagos council. They mischievously voted Olorun Nimbe and Adeleke Adedoyin. Olorun Nimbe now stated that he went against his father and his Oba by initially voting Zik and being in the NCNC there after he joined AG. This was what signalled the beginning of tribal politics in Nigeria this started because of AG and Awolowo and again Lagos truly was cosmopolitan so I don't understand your grouse. The area then known as Lagos was a benin empire war camp and not Yoruba land so what is you grouse?
On the Eyo Ita issue. In the eastern region there was a splinter group within the NCNC led by Eyo Ita and K.O Mbadiwe that wanted to remove Zik by passing a vote of no confidence. Coincidentally when the votes were passed round it was even Eyo Ita's Calabar province that voted massively in favor of Zik and based on that Eyo Ita was removed, so you see there are a lot of lies that are being peddled all these years on this issue that it has been used to cause division among the areas that make up eastern region to prevent it from being together again.
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song by Seventy7kings: 7:37am On Jul 07, 2020
[quote author=obynzo post=91424238][/quote] shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Driver Stabs LASTMA Official, Slits His Throat (Photos) / Corper Goes Into Hiding, Crying As Gunmen Storm Their Polling Unit(video) / Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.