Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,808 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:40 PM

Netanyahu Indicted On Bribery And Fraud - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Netanyahu Indicted On Bribery And Fraud (231 Views)

US President Joe Biden's Son, Hunter, Indicted On Federal Firearms Charges / U.S. House Opens Impeachment Probe Against Biden For Alleged Bribery / Donald Trump Indicted By A Manhattan Grand Jury! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Netanyahu Indicted On Bribery And Fraud by panafrican(m): 12:49am On Nov 22, 2019
The Israeli prime minister is in trouble again.
Re: Netanyahu Indicted On Bribery And Fraud by dnawah(m): 11:11am On Nov 22, 2019
panafrican:
The Israeli prime minister is in trouble again.
which kind news be this no source,no oil,e no come got test.
Re: Netanyahu Indicted On Bribery And Fraud by panafrican(m): 7:37pm On Nov 22, 2019
dnawah:
which kind news be this no source,no oil,e no come got test.
In is on TV all over the world. Just watch TV or go on the net.

Here it is

NBC News
WORLD
Benjamin Netanyahu indicted on charges of bribery, fraud and breach of trust
The Israeli prime minister has denied any wrongdoing and said he is the victim of a politically orchestrated "witch hunt."

Nov. 21, 2019, 11:32 AM EST / Updated Nov. 21, 2019, 6:39 PM EST
By Saphora Smith and Paul Goldman
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been indicted on charges of bribery, fraud and breach of trust, Attorney General Avichai Mandelblit announced Thursday, prolonging the country’s political uncertainty as it looks set to head into its third national election in a year.

Netanyahu, who has denied any wrongdoing and said he is the victim of a "witch hunt," faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted of bribery and a maximum 3-year term for fraud and breach of trust, according to legal experts.

"I give my life to this state, I fought for it, I was wounded for it. I have to say this is a very hard day," Netanyahu said in a nationally televised address on Thursday night. "I think you need to be blind to see that something wrong is going on. This is a political coup."

The prime minister insisted, without presenting evidence, that the indictment is a political vendetta.

"It’s very disturbing what is going on here and how the police conducted this investigation," Netanyahu said. "This is a contaminated process, we need to investigate the investigators, they didn’t want the truth, they were after me personally."

Netanyahu's chief political rival, former army chief Benny Gantz, said the indictment raises concerns that the prime minister "will make decisions in his own personal interest and for his political survival and not in the national interest."

The two were virtually tied after September’s elections and each failed to assemble a governing majority.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/israeli-pm-netanyahu-indicted-charges-bribery-fraud-breach-trust-n1084831

(1) (Reply)

White House Describes President Trump’s Impeachment As ‘the Most Shameful Politi / Mourners Killed In Stampede At Iran General’s Funeral / Video Purportedly Shows Moment Ukrainian Airplane Was Shot Down In Iran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.