Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School (31448 Views)

How Old Were You When You Graduated From Secondary School? / ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone / Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by ursullalinda(f): 10:30am On Nov 22, 2019
Burn down school ke.....explosion would have been better..... they don't value education
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by sweetonugbu: 10:30am On Nov 22, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
I know it will be Akwa Ibom Or Lagos State

The home of cultists in Nigeria
and what will you say about rivers delta and edo?.
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by Mshad662(m): 10:31am On Nov 22, 2019
nwokoromercyme:
A total of 71 pupils of the Government Secondary School, Etoi in Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State have been suspended for allegedly attempting to burn down the school.

It was gathered that some pupils alleged to be members of a cult group took the law into their hands and vandalised the school property.

The pupils also held the Principal hostage for several hours and attacked security personnel in the school.

The Commissioner for Education, Prof Nse Essien, announced the suspension when he led some management staff of the ministry and other stakeholders in the education sector to assess the situation, with a view to proffering a lasting solution.

Expressing his dismay at the attitude of the pupils, Essien said the school was the right of everyone and it should be protected. He said the Akwa Ibom State Government would not fold its hands and allow hooligans take over the school.

The commissioner added that anybody found culpable would be severely punished.

Stressing that those who took part in the incident were not bonafide pupils of the school, he called for the cooperation of all, including the security agencies, to fish out the bad eggs.

“All the 71 pupils will be suspended indefinitely for their part in the acts of violence and insubordination, except proven otherwise.

“We got some of the names through intelligence. This measure is meant to sanitise the system and serve as deterrent to others” he said.

He added that the final-year pupils among them would have their names removed from the list of WASSCE candidates to further buttress government’s zero tolerance for indiscipline.

The commissioner blamed the teachers for the poor upbringing of the affected pupils, which he claimed had contributed to their actions.

“As teachers, it is your job to instill discipline in the pupils and to forestall a breakdown of law and order in our schools. Any teacher who is accustomed to lateness, negligence of duty and other forms of misdemeanor will face serious sanctions”, he said.

Source: https://punchng.com/aibom-suspends-71-pupils-over-attempt-to-burn-school/amp/

Why are you now posting the Pic of a video from 2015 that showed a Male and Female student fighting?

Op na wa for you oh

Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by MEGA4BILLION(m): 10:32am On Nov 22, 2019
Why attached a picture of someone's school as Etoi Secondary school
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by Scofieldgee(m): 10:35am On Nov 22, 2019
They should just close the school...
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by HowDareU: 10:36am On Nov 22, 2019
71 is huge. This is how they graduate from petty cultists to dare devil cultists. Check my blog at www.securitymattersafrica.com for dare devil criminals and their antics.
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 22, 2019
Akwa Ibom self. I just don't like most of the indigenous people, they are lazy and love cultism. Tueh. Can't wait to leave this hole.
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by Kylexy3000(m): 10:38am On Nov 22, 2019
Ahhhh.. Bloggers shaa... The pic you put up here is not even a Nigerian school... Its a fight btw a girl and a boy in Jamaica.. E beru Olohun
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 22, 2019
sweetonugbu:
and what will you say about rivers delta and edo?.
Lost causes.
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by pointstores(m): 10:40am On Nov 22, 2019
Nawa
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by supercase1(m): 10:40am On Nov 22, 2019
Sunnymatey:
Political thugs of tomorrow
Future vibrant guys for oga billion van to recruit boiz from
Although only the fittest would be recruited grin
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by sweetonugbu: 10:41am On Nov 22, 2019
Ausrichie:

Lost causes.
hahahahaha u are funny
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by Egbesu1(m): 10:41am On Nov 22, 2019
heckymaicon:

lol, you're kidding right?

What happened to Edo and Rivers?
including IMO , delta , Anambra. Little vikings and Axemen
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:41am On Nov 22, 2019
when I was in secondary school, I used to Play canta ball..

these once have upgraded to cultism....

go to IMO state, you will see An SS1 boy smoking weed and greeting his fellow NFAs with useless handshakes and wida u..

I give up

same applies to Rivers, Lagos, calabar and always ibom
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by whiteafrique: 10:42am On Nov 22, 2019
Future political thugs in the making,future killers that needs to be rehabilitated
because they are gradually exhibiting it..
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by Nackzy: 10:44am On Nov 22, 2019
Without reading it i said in my mind it will be either Akwa ibom, Kogi,Benue or Rivers state
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by Awesomefred32(m): 10:48am On Nov 22, 2019
cool cool cool cool
Person Pikin
Leaders of Tomorrow Naija which way
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by Awesomefred32(m): 10:49am On Nov 22, 2019
heckymaicon:

grin grin
say that without crying
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 22, 2019
How on earth can you call them pupils

My oh My,, they are more than adults oooo.

71 cultists?
How many students are three in that school?

END TIME END TIME END TIME,, instead of me to have a killer as a wife and to have a hooligan as a child or children,,, God please help me to remain a BACHELOR, SINGLE TILL DEATH.
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by Coldie(m): 10:55am On Nov 22, 2019
heckymaicon:

Rivers state is hot but things like this only happen in villages. There has never been a large, known or cordinated cultism attack in the city.
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by VanEFCC: 10:55am On Nov 22, 2019
nwokoromercyme:
A total of 71 Apostle Joshua Selman pupils of the Government Secondary School, Etoi in Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State have been suspended for allegedly attempting to burn down the school.

It was gathered that some pupils alleged to be members of a cult group took the law into their hands and vandalised the school property.

The pupils also held the Principal hostage for several hours and attacked security personnel in the school.

The Commissioner for Education, Apostle Joshua Selman Prof Nse Essien, announced the suspension when he led some management staff of the ministry and other stakeholders in the education sector to assess the situation, with a view to proffering a lasting solution.

Expressing his dismay at the attitude of the pupils, Essien said the school was the right of everyone and it should be protected. He said the Akwa Ibom State Government would not fold its hands and allow hooligans take over the school.

The commissioner added that anybody found culpable would be severely punished.

Stressing that those who took part in the incident were not bonafide pupils of the school, he called for the cooperation of all, including the security agencies, to fish out the bad eggs.

“All the 71 pupils will be suspended indefinitely for their part in the acts of violence and insubordination, except proven otherwise.

“We got some of the names through intelligence. Joshua Selman This measure is meant to sanitise the system and serve as deterrent to others” he said.

He added that the final-year pupils among them would have their names removed from the list of WASSCE candidates to further buttress government’s zero tolerance for indiscipline.

The commissioner blamed the teachers for the poor upbringing of the affected pupils, which he Joshua Selman claimed had contributed to their actions.

“As teachers, it is your job to instill discipline in the pupils and to forestall a breakdown of law and order in our schools. Any teacher who is accustomed to lateness, negligence of duty and other forms of misdemeanor will face serious sanctions”, he said.

Source: https://punchng.com/aibom-suspends-71-pupils-over-attempt-to-burn-school/amp/

I See
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:02am On Nov 22, 2019
71 cultists?

the higher institutions that would admit these ones, I greet una in arrears.

1 Like

Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by WizBLANCE(m): 11:18am On Nov 22, 2019
I remember then in Uyo (NYSC), we get lots of undeserved holidays cause of this kids.

Akwa Ibom really need help help but it is a pity Nigerian police is fast in making fake arests while leaving the real job undone.

Especially Ik.... (Ikot) God help them
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 22, 2019
princeBass:
SHUN CULTISM if u think its a joke ask does who av died through it..........IF U MUST JOIN PLS JOIN OCCULT surrender urself n change d history of ur generation cool sad
abi...if you must eat frogs, eat the one with eggs
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 22, 2019
they are obviously not raising model citizens in that school. I wouldn't have cared if they burnt down the school. The school authorities turned a blind eye to their cult activities and now that they are at the receiving end they are crying foul.

there is no way you properly train and discipline a student from JSS 1 and then he'll get to SS2/3 and then want to burn down the school.
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 22, 2019
Akwa ibom and cultism are two words with the same meaning
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by enicid: 11:42am On Nov 22, 2019
I left secondary school Etoi in 1997,back then discipline, success through hard work was the school motto. But today it is a different thing entirely. The commissioner for education blaming the teachers for not been Able to instill discipline on the students, he does not even know how wild and arrogant secondary school students are nowadays. They will even trail you to your house and kill you for trying to correct them. The best thing to do is to station anti cultism and soldiers both in front and behind the school because the population of students in the school is over 3000.

1 Like

Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by udemzyudex(m): 11:43am On Nov 22, 2019
Godfrey858:
Chai.... Leader of Tomorrow

Soon to be killers of tomorrow

The circle continues because the leaders of today where also in one court group or the other,in fact most of them are still doing it secretly.

1 Like

Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by zigzagluv: 12:08pm On Nov 22, 2019
and benin , 60 percent of youth in benin are cultist
NaijaOlosho:
I know it will be Akwa Ibom Or Lagos State

The home of cultists in Nigeria
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by Pacesetter123(m): 12:39pm On Nov 22, 2019
enicid:
I left secondary school Etoi in 1997,back then discipline, success through hard work was the school motto. But today it is a different thing entirely. The commissioner for education blaming the teachers for not been Able to instill discipline on the students, he does not even know how wild and arrogant secondary school students are nowadays. They will even trail you to your house and kill you for trying to correct them. The best thing to do is to station anti cultism and soldiers both in front and behind the school because the population of students in the school is over 3000.
If dey stationed military men n anti-cult policemen dere to deter dem,who will politician recruit as future ballot box snatchers?So,dey cant do it n would never do.Even de so called suspended students,will be reinstated before dis coming WAEC registration n would be properly registered n sit for de coming WAEC.
Re: 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School by bluefilm: 4:49pm On Nov 22, 2019
Young thugs.

Well sha, opportunity go full ground gidigba for dem for Kogi.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNILAG Students Observe Construction Work On The Lagos-Badagry Expressway / Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) / Biography Of Jibrin Isah Diso, The First Blind Professor In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.