Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers (30990 Views)

NYSC Disclaimer On Payment Of Arrears To Corpers / NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage / Rochas Okorocha Gives N10,000 To Corpers Who Passed Out Today In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by ayomide77: 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2019
Its a pity that 10k from that money will go to bet9ja and the remaining 5k to an Olosho..

Before n ko ?
I can not come and kill myself

Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2019
That's 45k in total.
Corp members are now earning more than some employed graduates.
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by JIMMYH2O(m): 7:47pm On Nov 22, 2019
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Solsix:
I wasted my time serving in IMO state without pay, Rochas nah only God go fit forgive you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by Harbeeorlar(m): 7:47pm On Nov 22, 2019
So all Corp members in Rivers are male abi? � �
FamousMonk:
Its a pity that 10k from that money will go to bet9ja and the remaining 5k to an Olosho..
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2019
When are we going to stop using these non existing words

CORPER AND MOPOL
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by adeiza4u(m): 7:49pm On Nov 22, 2019
Make I go serve in Rivers then. Nice one
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by adeiza4u(m): 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2019
stevmatt:
When are we going to stop using these non existing words

CORPER AND MOPOL
Take it from me, they're both lexes of Nigeria's variety of English language.
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by Ijawwomaninoyo: 7:53pm On Nov 22, 2019
MOPOL is a Mnemonic( abbreviation that sounds like a word on its own) Eg NEPA, LAWMA, LASTMA etc

MO(BILE) (POL)ICEMEN

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by semasir: 7:55pm On Nov 22, 2019
Since 2014/2015 serving in Rivers state has been free!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by kenny160: 7:55pm On Nov 22, 2019
Hunmmmm great move from wike
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 22, 2019
adeiza4u:
Take it from me, they're both lexes of Nigeria's variety of English language.

Is should be use only when speaking pidgin now,,, ,, not to be use even by reporters,

I could remember telling a Georgian on facebook that we have force called MOPOL which is said to be more trained than police,, later did I know that such mopol never exist.
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:
MOPOL is a Mnemonic( abbreviation that sounds like a word on its own) Eg NEPA, LAWMA, LASTMA etc

MO(BILE) (POL)ICEMEN

Are you saying that,,, a mobile police is different from the police we know?
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by adeiza4u(m): 8:07pm On Nov 22, 2019
stevmatt:

Is should be use only when speaking pidgin now,,, ,, not to be use even by reporters,

I could remember telling a Georgian on facebook that we have force called MOPOL which is said to be more trained than police,, later did I know that such mopol never exist.
Every countries have varieties of English language they use officially in their domains. So it's not wrong to use NE in Nigerian context.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by Theboss100(m): 8:10pm On Nov 22, 2019
Nice one from my GOVERNOR. For those who schooled in RIVERS, Know that it's possible to serve in PH. U can work it out.
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by kayusely70(m): 8:11pm On Nov 22, 2019
Commendable
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 22, 2019
adeiza4u:
Every countries have varieties of English language they use officially in their domains. So it's not wrong to use NE in Nigerian context.

Ok o,, I will never allow it to master me,,,, because I don't know where I will find myself tomorrow,, before grammar go disqualify me.
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by Luckyomon(m): 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ceasardgreat:
I served then in Rivers state 2014/2015 batch and uptill this moment they didn't pay us.
Does it include the old batches too?
hanhan bros!!!! After how many years. No curse yourself oo.
You no wan progress

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by SirBunky85(m): 8:21pm On Nov 22, 2019
heckymaicon:
Thank you Mr Governor for making the corpers in your state happy.

Somebody should tell the vegetable in Aso rock to at least make Nigerians smile once for the past four years of governance. Buhari is just too useless even to Aisha.
is it the pmb who gave bail out funds to state governors to pay workers salaries dat u just called useless?I can bet he's way useful to many dan ur father
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by adeiza4u(m): 8:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
stevmatt:

Ok o,, I will never allow it to master me,,,, because I don't know where I will find myself tomorrow,, before grammar go disqualify me.
Yea while that is not condemnable, I like to put it to you that you can never attain 100% competence in Queen's English as a foreign speaker. The nuances of NE would always be in your use of English.
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by grandstar(m): 8:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
ArmaniUhuru:
Very impressive! And Ajimobi no fit pay us #4000 when I served in Oyo.

Oyo state is broke. Rivers state has oil and massive internally generates revenues.
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by Angelsit(f): 8:27pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ganduje abeg na....... even if na 5k
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by eneojoedu(m): 8:35pm On Nov 22, 2019
cjudy:
grin

Am waiting for Kogi State to start the payment
even civil servants dey battle to collect salaries. student bursary Na war... happy waiting.
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by OmoOduduwa01: 8:43pm On Nov 22, 2019
If dem mistakenly redeploy me to Rivers State lásán, "Parte after Parte" grin grin grin grin
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by SlimHayy16: 8:50pm On Nov 22, 2019
Scam..... That is how he promise us den...... Till we finished services... No money not even 10 naira..... Nd wit enough of screening we all did den........ I knw aw much all of us den used to travel down to ph..... From omoke..... Up till now... We have not received chichi......

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:56pm On Nov 22, 2019
stevmatt:

Are you saying that,,, a mobile police is different from the police we know?

Of course! They don't even wear the same uniform. MOPOL wears trousers like dirty green, some like Corp members trousers(Chinos). Their tops like something black.
Police wear black trousers only with black or blue top.
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by Dafemo(m): 8:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
So corpers are ought to be paid 19800 and everyone is here celebrating that corpers are paid 15,000/10,000, all of una join no get sense.
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by Omaxx(f): 9:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
After i'm done with NYSC in eat state,mteeeeew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 22, 2019
adeiza4u:
Yea while that is not condemnable, I like to put it to you that you can never attain 100% competence in Queen's English as a foreign speaker. The nuances of NE would always be in your use of English.

So is in our blood?
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by carpdiemz: 9:21pm On Nov 22, 2019
Nnadigoodluck:

Rivers State government have started paying Corps Members posted to the state N15,000, Nyscinfo.com correspondent, Comrade Nnadi Goodluck reports.

The Corps Member serving in the Public sector of the state are paid N15,000, whilst those serving in the private are paid N10,000.

With this update, Rivers State has overtaken Anambra State as the highest paying state for Corps Members.

Recall that last week, Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, announced that he has released the sum of N132million for the payment of Corps Members allowances.

He made the announcement while speaking during a Courtesy Visit by the Governing Council of the National Youth Service Council (NYSC) at the Government House Port Harcourt on Friday, 15th November 2019.

Below were his words.

“We have released N132 million for the payment of the allowance for corps members serving in the state”, he said.

He further informed that funds have been released for the construction of drainage, completion of the 5000 capacity auditorium, 3000 mattresses and 1500 double-bunk beds for the NYSC Permanent Orientation Camp at Nonwa.

He said: “The corps members are serving the interest of the state. We are only investing to enhance their performance.

“We have released funds for the construction of internal roads, drainage, 1500 double-bunk beds and 3000 mattresses at the Permanent Orientation Camp.”

He assured that the 5000-seater auditorium at the Permanent Orientation Camp will be delivered to the NYSC Governing Council in May 2020.

He urged the NYSC management to work out the issue of security at the NYSC Orientation Camp with the Nigerian Army and other security agencies.

“Rivers State Government will give all the required support to ensure the NYSC carries out their responsibilities to the people of Rivers State”, he said.

Acting Chairman of the Governing Council of NYSC, Mrs Binta Muazu appreciated Governor Wike for his investments in the NYSC.

“We were at the Permanent Orientation Camp and we saw the construction of a massive 5000 capacity amphitheatre. We want to be part of the Commissioning of that facility.

“You are constant in the payment of monthly subvention to the NYSC and we are happy with the promise to release the allowances of Corps members”, she said.

She said the generosity of Governor Wike to the NYSC is outstanding.

Source- https://nyscinfo.com/rivers-becomes-highest-paying-state-pays-corpers-n15000

God punish huna na when i finish ntsc in dsame state during dis man first tenure oh na now ubwan dey do eye service rubbish state
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Of course! They don't even wear the same uniform. MOPOL wears trousers like dirty green, some like Corp members trousers(Chinos). Their tops like something black.
Police wear black trousers only with black or blue top.d
"Dirty green", that is a hate speech,,,, Death sentence loading.............
Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by KingWarri: 9:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
FamousMonk:
Na so you do ur own?? Eyaah we feel your pain

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Begins Payment Of N15,000 To Corpers by UrVillagePpl: 9:45pm On Nov 22, 2019
FamousMonk:
I concur � 100%

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2017 Nysc Batch A Time Table (official) Picture Included / Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance / Man Proposed To His Girlfriend During NYSC Passing Out Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.