Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Dog Training And Socialization - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dog Training And Socialization (6653 Views)

Tips On English Dog Training / Beautiful Pictures From The KCR Dog Training Exhibition 2021 / Technique To Dog Training By Talking To Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dog Training And Socialization by IamAnderson(m): 12:06am On Dec 19, 2019
phunkypalace:

What you don't know is above you. Have a good night rest jooor.
imagine how far high I am above you if this statement were true. goodnight
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by phunkypalace(m): 12:12am On Dec 19, 2019
IamAnderson:

imagine how far high I am above you if this statement were true.
goodnight

It's a good thing to fantasize, say things on paper but it's a different ball game if you've really been put to test and experience the real deal. With that, the gap and difference between me and you is a no go area. Remind me how your Roscoe was bred again..
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by phunkypalace(m): 12:42am On Dec 19, 2019
Endy10 please kindly use the following links to back up your claims about Aggression in Dogs.

Would have love to create a new thread entirely but I just want you to stand firm on what you have shared with us and to respect the fact that you started this interesting topic.

In the future do not let anyone bamboozle you on mere say and assumptions. At first I thought he was willing to learn but immediately I saw him make the very first three contributions, I knew I was dealing with a retard.

https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/dog-care/common-dog-behavior-issues/aggression

https://www.thesprucepets.com/dogs-and-aggression-1118229

Any other interested person(s) can also learn and stop arguing with science especially when the aggression in your dog is as a result of a genetic disorder.

If anyone wants to know how the pictures I posted in this thread really looks like and how it works when the dogs are in the working field please send a message. It's a pity videos can't be uploaded on NL.
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by UniportAgbero: 6:28am On Dec 19, 2019
Endy10:

I usually start obedience training anytime between 10-12 weeks. This is because puppies do have short attention span, so when you start, make it short e.g 10 mins. Give a week for the dog to get used to his environment first.

Thank you. He has refused to eat very well. What should I do?
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by IamAnderson(m): 6:42am On Dec 19, 2019
phunkypalace:

It's a good thing to fantasize, say things on paper but it's a different ball game if you've really been put to test and experience the real deal. With that, the gap and difference between me and you is a no go area. Remind me how your Roscoe was bred again..
what does how my dog was bred have to do with the topic?
if you actually read my thread you'll see I clearly stated how I got him
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by IamAnderson(m): 6:47am On Dec 19, 2019
phunkypalace:

In the future do not let anyone bamboozle you on mere say and assumptions. At first I thought he was willing to learn but immediately I saw him make the very first three contributions, I knew I was dealing with a retard.

Any other interested person(s) can also learn and stop arguing with science especially when the aggression in your dog is as a result of a genetic disorder.

If anyone wants to know how the pictures I posted in this thread really looks like and how it works when the dogs are in the working field please send a message. It's a pity videos can't be uploaded on NL.

lmao so I'm a r£tard and you're a scientist now?
the jokes write themselves cheesy

and you can post videos of dogs being trained all you want, it still doesn't disprove what I said.
after everything I said all you have to say is that you have videos of dogs being trained
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by IamAnderson(m): 6:54am On Dec 19, 2019
phunkypalace:
Endy10 please kindly use the following links to back up your claims about Aggression in Dogs.

Would have love to create a new thread entirely but I just want you to stand firm on what you have shared with us and to respect the fact that you started this interesting topic.

notice how the articles you posted listed things that are signs of aggression in dogs, things I said were signs of aggression that you called 'work quality"?
remember when I said aggression can also be a behavioral problem when it is uncontrollable or too much like what was said in the article?

did you read in the article when it stated that some specific breeds are naturally aggressive but the aggression can be reduced or removed depending on what the owner wants?
didn't you see when it stated that territorial aggression is when the dog shows aggression towards intruders in it's territory? so tell me how you can have a guard dog without aggression and how it can defend it's territory without doing any of the things listed there as signs of aggression?.
i don't know why understanding is so hard for you, what I said earlier about aggression is still what's in the article, you're just bent to believing what you've already made up in your mind.

okay

1 Like

Re: Dog Training And Socialization by phunkypalace(m): 7:08am On Dec 19, 2019
IamAnderson:

what does how my dog was bred have to do with the topic?
if you actually read my thread you'll see I clearly stated how I got him

You claim to be far above, so there should actually be some basic fact to support your claim.

If you are truly above and know your onions, you will clearly understand what I mean by that question.

If you are less interested in banters, maybe we could have a meaningful conversation, I'm not even sure that can happen.

Oh and again you didn't say anything to the first paragraph...lol
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by phunkypalace(m): 7:11am On Dec 19, 2019
IamAnderson:

lmao so I'm a r£tard and you're a scientist now?
the jokes write themselves cheesy

and you can post videos of dogs being trained all you want, it still doesn't disprove what I said.
after everything I said all you have to say is that you have videos of dogs being trained

Well I don't think you have any idea of what the videos would be made up of and if you can truly understand what is being done. You saw what the article was trying to point out right?...Dogs in that category will never make a working dog. If you wanna know how that is possible, you ask and stop proving your English based definition of aggression crowns it all.
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by phunkypalace(m): 7:13am On Dec 19, 2019
IamAnderson:

notice how the articles you posted listed things that are signs of aggression in dogs, things I said were signs of aggression that you called 'work quality"?
remember when I said aggression can also be a behavioral problem when it is uncontrollable or too much like what was said in the article?

did you read in the article when it stated that some specific breeds are naturally aggressive but the aggression can be reduced or removed depending on what the owner wants?
didn't you see when it stated that territorial aggression is when the dog shows aggression towards intruders in it's territory? so tell me how you can have a guard dog without aggression and how it can defend it's territory without doing any of the things listed there as signs of aggression?.
i don't know why understanding is so hard for you, what I said earlier about aggression is still what's in the article, you're just bent to believing what you've already made up in your mind.

okay

Did you read this at all?

Aggression is the most common and most serious behavior problem in dogs. It’s also the number-one reason why pet parents seek professional help from behaviorists, trainers and veterinarians.

You claim it is normal in dogs and I am telling you it is a problem, at least there is a reason why the article called it a problem a behavioral problem at that in which I kept on ringing in your ears but you think it's normal.

So to let you know if your dog shows any form of aggression, you have a big problem.

And BTW, where did I call forms of aggression work quality?....It's not even up to 12 hrs yet and you think you can lie against me?...funny

There is a difference between a dog with a good guard instinct and a dog with aggression. Aggression in dogs is willingness to attack without any provocation which is very abnormal.

What I showed you in the pictures are dogs obeying and complying to an instruction but how are you going to understand if you have no basic knowledge of what is being done in the pictures...SMH
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by IamAnderson(m): 8:14am On Dec 19, 2019
phunkypalace:

You claim to be far above, so there should actually be some basic fact to support your claim.

If you are truly above and know your onions, you will clearly understand what I mean by that question.

If you are less interested in banters, maybe we could have a meaningful conversation, I'm not even sure that can happen.

Oh and again you didn't say anything to the first paragraph...lol
in my thread I clearly stated that I basically rescued a pup from the kennel were it was kept with other dogs that were bullying it without even asking to see his parents, the only thing I got was his date of birth.
so tell me how the way he was bred has anything point to prove when I have already clearly stated how I had no idea of his filial generation??
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by IamAnderson(m): 8:21am On Dec 19, 2019
phunkypalace:

Well I don't think you have any idea of what the videos would be made up of and if you can truly understand what is being done. You saw what the article was trying to point out right?...Dogs in that category will never make a working dog. If you wanna know how that is possible, you ask and stop proving your English based definition of aggression crowns it all.

the article was talking about dogs that are overly aggressive, it was very obvious and I had also said that when a dog is overly aggressive it's a problem.

then the article said the different signs of aggression and dogs that are well trained military dogs still show some of those aggressive signs.
I also said how people use the term "aggressive dog" to describe dogs that are overly aggressive and how technically even the most well trained military dogs show signs of aggression and how a dog cannot be a guard dog without showing signs of aggression which you still haven't been able to prove me wrong instead your articles even support the points I said earlier that you choose not to understand
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by IamAnderson(m): 8:32am On Dec 19, 2019
phunkypalace:

Did you read this at all?

Aggression is the most common and most serious behavior problem in dogs. It’s also the number-one reason why pet parents seek professional help from behaviorists, trainers and veterinarians.

You claim it is normal in dogs and I am telling you it is a problem, at least there is a reason why the article called it a problem a behavioral problem at that in which I kept on ringing in your ears but you think it's normal.

So to let you know if your dog shows any form of aggression, you have a big problem.

And BTW, where did I call forms of aggression work quality?....It's not even up to 12 hrs yet and you think you can lie against me?...funny

There is a difference between a dog with a good guard instinct and a dog with aggression. Aggression in dogs is willingness to attack without any provocation which is very abnormal.

What I showed you in the pictures are dogs obeying and complying to an instruction but how are you going to understand if you have no basic knowledge of what is being done in the pictures...SMH
first of all that statement wasn't made about guard dogs, they were referring to abnormal aggression.
the article even said the different forms of aggression and listed territorial aggression which is when a dog shows signs of aggression towards intruders which is basically what every guard dog does.

so if your dog growls or bites it's a big problem? have you ever seen a well trained military dog that doesn't growl or bite??

and you weren't the one that said that it was the OP, I mixed you people up, that was shortly before you joined the thread.

and aggression isn't the willingness to attack without any provocation, the article clearly listed things that show when a dog has different forms of aggression
e.g
when you enter the territory of a dog with territorial aggression it'll attack, is that unprovoked??
when you mess with the food of a dog with food aggression it'll attack, is that unprovoked??
and the dogs obeying the instructions are they not biting or growling?
aren't those signs of aggression??
were they laughing?
didn't I say you can channel a dog's aggressive behavior into productive things and how aggressive behavior doesn't mean uncontrollable and how dogs with aggressive behavior can be trained well and also be obedient??

didn't I say aggression doesn't always mean reckless and overly done?
didn't I say even a bark or bite is a sign of aggression?
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by IamAnderson(m): 8:43am On Dec 19, 2019
phunkypalace:

also since the dogs are just following orders then tell us why you cannot train a Newfoundland dog to be a guard dog or attack dog and why you can train a Rottweiler to do both.
tell me the qualities the Newfoundland dog lacks that makes it a guardian and emotional company dog and not a guard dog.

the quality is willingness to be aggressive at any point, a Newfoundland is not aggressive in any way even though its obedient and trainable which is why it cannot even perform those tasks. a Rottweiler is a naturally aggressive dog which is why it can be trained to be aggressive towards intruders or threats.
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by Endy10(m): 11:43am On Dec 19, 2019
phunkypalace:

Lmfao....like the OP literally said, you're using dictionary meaning to define the temperament of a dog. Please do yourself a favour and read about the stages of the IPO or Schutzhund training and let us see if dogs according to your own definition will pass.

I don't just jump into argument or deliberation except I see prior knowledge about what you're saying or the willingness to learn new things.

Exactly.
I was waiting for someone else to bring up this point.
The reason for this thread is for people to learn. I know a lot of people are, even if few would take a little longer to learn because of years of wrong information.
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by Endy10(m): 12:07pm On Dec 19, 2019
UniportAgbero:

Thank you. He has refused to eat very well. What should I do?

It's always adviceable when your dog has a problem you check with the vet first.
Refusing to eat well could stem from little things like change in his diet or eating time or it could be something serious as an illness that could become worse.
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by IamAnderson(m): 1:50pm On Dec 19, 2019
Endy10:

Exactly.
I was waiting for someone else to bring up this point.
The reason for this thread is for people to learn. I know a lot of people are, even if few would take a little longer to learn because of years of wrong information.
this is how dogs that go through the protective shutzund training are trained, you can clearly read that the dog must have courage or be enthusiastic to engage the helper in a struggle which means violence right?
you can also see where it clearly states that any dog with INAPPROPRIATE aggression will be dismissed which also means the dogs are required to have aggression but they are required to be controllable which means a dog cannot undergo shutzund training without being willing to switch to aggression.
you understand me now?

Re: Dog Training And Socialization by phunkypalace(m): 2:02pm On Dec 19, 2019
IamAnderson:

this is how dogs that go through the protective shutzund training are trained, you can clearly read that the dog must have courage or be enthusiastic to engage the helper in a struggle which means violence right?
you can also see where it clearly states that any dog with INAPPROPRIATE aggression will be dismissed which also means the dogs are required to have aggression but they are required to be controllable which means a dog cannot undergo shutzund training without being willing to switch to aggression.
you understand me now?

Mr don't even go there at all. You know basically nothing about the rudiments of Schutzhund training so I won't be surprised if you try and switch words to suit your narrative.

That a dog must be, alert, confident, watchful nd courageous is never the same thing with your own aggression that you've been shouting since ages. The dogs are never required to have any form of aggression, the first thing we check before a German Shepherd can suit into the working field is the temperament which consists of the basic things I've listed already. On this one you better just sit with your Roscoe or you learn gently. What do they mean by inappropriate aggression, and why didn't it state that a normal or balanced aggression is needed?

So having courage and being enthusiastic means violence?....somebody should wake me up because someone is spitting out total bullshit.

A dog with any form of aggression is never ever qualified to work. Just sit and learn okay?

The SV and WUSV would even be laughing their ass out if they were opportune to see this.

BTW, check the attached picture, you left something out in your own picture. Clearly it didn't state a form of aggression, show any form of aggression and you're thrown out. We deal with dogs with good and balanced temperament. Don't come up here and tell us cock and bull stories on what you know nothing about.

I have told you what a working dog shows and does in a schutzhund training is willingness, obedience and basically complying to an instruction. That is not an aggression in our world. Clearly what you posted shows the dog is listening to an instruction and must comply.

You can try and bamboozle other people on other things, but don't even try and turn the Schutzhund training to suit your narrative. Have you ever heard about it until I mentioned it?....I doubt that.

1 Share

Re: Dog Training And Socialization by bosst123: 3:56pm On Dec 19, 2019
Pls help !! They re both around six months and I’m afraid they aren’t growing well . The skinny one is the female and she eats well too but I have no idea why she doesn’t wanna add up . Somebody help signify if I have the right breed of GSD

Re: Dog Training And Socialization by phunkypalace(m): 3:58pm On Dec 19, 2019
bosst123:
Pls help !! They re both around six months and I’m afraid they aren’t growing well . The skinny one is the female and she eats well too but I have no idea why she doesn’t wanna add up . Somebody help signify if I have the right breed of GSD

Phenotype wise, you don't have the right breed if you were told this was a GSD as at the time of purchase. But again, do you have any information as to how they were bred?
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by IamAnderson(m): 4:07pm On Dec 19, 2019
phunkypalace:

That a dog must be, alert, confident, watchful nd courageous is never the same thing with your own aggression that you've been shouting since ages. The dogs are never required to have any form of aggression, the first thing we check before a German Shepherd can suit into the working field is the temperament which consists of the basic things I've listed already. On this one you better just sit with your Roscoe or you learn gently. What do they mean by inappropriate aggression, and why didn't it state that a normal or balanced aggression is needed?

So having courage and being enthusiastic means violence?....somebody should wake me up because someone is spitting out total bullshit.
okay the dog should be alert,watchful and also confident and courageous to do what exactly?
what does the dog need all those qualities for? is it not to be able to get up to attack or engage threats?
how does a dog engage threats? isn't it through biting? is biting not a form of violence??

and what type of aggression have I been shouting since? haven't I been saying some breeds of dogs naturally have aggressive traits but it doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing because aggression can be bad and also good?
didn't I say aggression doesn't mean recklessness? didn't I say you can train a dog to channel it's natural aggression into useful tasks? (e.g protection and guarding)

what should the dog have courage and should be enthusiastic about? isn't it engaging a threat? isn't engaging a threat violence??

them saying a dog has to be courageous and willing to attack the threat already means the dog has to be ready to be aggressive when the handler orders, which is why inappropriate aggression is not a good character and dogs that show it are disqualified.

and the pic you attached is obviously talking about inappropriate aggression, I don't know why it's so hard to understand it aren't you supposed to be a linguist??

how do you want to teach a dog how to defend it's handler and attack on command and expect it not to have any form of aggression??
what do you expect the dog to do? smile and ask the threat to calmy back off?

even the most well trained attack dogs bite and growl which is a form of aggression.
the problem here is that the word aggression means wild and uncontrollable to you which is wrong.

there are some dog breeds were lack of aggression is states as a fault sef , they are supposed to have natural aggression which can be trained and channelled into performing a particular task(guarding or attacking)

tell us if you've ever seen a guard dog that doesn't bite or bark and tell us how the dog does it's work without violence or violent tendencies.

and shutzund training is not a new thing, it's literally everywhere, you can learn all the steps if you want I don't know why you feel it's such a complicated thing people won't know or get.

and why are you talking as if I'm mentioning shutzund training because you said it?
you're trying to use shutzund training to disprove me and I'm showing you that the shutzund training still backs what I'm saying up.
what's your point??
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by bosst123: 4:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
phunkypalace:

Phenotype wise, you don't have the right breed if you were told this was a GSD as at the time of purchase. But again, do you have any information as to how they were bred?

Thank you for responding. I know the parents of the Male PuP , the father is very big and tall and the mother is medium sized too. They are large aussies. As for the female , I bought it at the rod side when I had a feeling the male pup needs company
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by phunkypalace(m): 4:24pm On Dec 19, 2019
IamAnderson:

okay the dog should be alert,watchful and also confident and courageous to do what exactly?
what does the dog need all those qualities for? is it not to be able to get up to attack or engage threats?
how does a dog engage threats? isn't it through biting? is biting not a form of violence??

and what type of aggression have I been shouting since? haven't I been saying some breeds of dogs naturally have aggressive traits but it doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing because aggression can be bad and also good?
didn't I say aggression doesn't mean recklessness? didn't I say you can train a dog to channel it's natural aggression into useful tasks? (e.g protection and guarding)

what should the dog have courage and should be enthusiastic about? isn't it engaging a threat? isn't engaging a threat violence??

them saying a dog has to be courageous and willing to attack the threat already means the dog has to be ready to be aggressive when the handler orders, which is why inappropriate aggression is not a good character and dogs that show it are disqualified.

and the pic you attached is obviously talking about inappropriate aggression, I don't know why it's so hard to understand it aren't you supposed to be a linguist??

how do you want to teach a dog how to defend it's handler and attack on command and expect it not to have any form of aggression??
what do you expect the dog to do? smile and ask the threat to calmy back off?

even the most well trained attack dogs bite and growl which is a form of aggression.
the problem here is that the word aggression means wild and uncontrollable to you which is wrong.

there are some dog breeds were lack of aggression is states as a fault sef , they are supposed to have natural aggression which can be trained and channelled into performing a particular task(guarding or attacking)

tell us if you've ever seen a guard dog that doesn't bite or bark and tell us how the dog does it's work without violence or violent tendencies.

and shutzund training is not a new thing, it's literally everywhere, you can learn all the steps if you want I don't know why you feel it's such a complicated thing people won't know or get.

and why are you talking as if I'm mentioning shutzund training because you said it?
you're trying to use shutzund training to disprove me and I'm showing you that the shutzund training still backs what I'm saying up.
what's your point??

Lol...my point is you literally have no idea of shutzhund training. Schutzhund training is not everywhere oga, that I am very sure of, it is only done in a country...the others you see are copy cats. Stop trying Mr man, the word aggression means wild and uncontrollable in the dog world especially in the working German Shepherd Dog.

You can keep on trying but on this Schutzhund training is literally not backing you in anyway. Do you even have the idea of the first step to be taken before we check the dog's temperament, you can't know except you look up google and get informations.

The likes of Grandiose German Shepherds in the person of Major General Ahmed Mohammed have been to these shows, he has taken his time to teach us how it is being done through videos and PDF files, so you can't know beyond what you know. We know what the Schutzhund training is, in our world a dog with courage and any form of enthusiasm, being confident is never an aggressive dog and in fact it is an embodiment of every German Shepherd Dog.

You've been screaming violence and every other term you deemed it fit to use, but you can't see any of those words in the Schutzhund training.

What you don't know is above you oga. If you like continue your narrative, according to the normal standard of the SV Schutzhund training, a dog with any form of aggression can never make SCHH1 let alone SCHH3.

And BTW, what else do you know that is being done in a Schutzhund training?...go and marry your google ooo. Like rumenase will say, NA DEM
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by bosst123: 4:27pm On Dec 19, 2019

phunkypalace:

Lol...my point is you literally have no idea of shutzhund training. Schutzhund training is not everywhere oga, that I am very sure of, it is only done in a country...the others you see are copy cats. Stop trying Mr man, the word aggression means wild and uncontrollable in the dog world especially in the working German Shepherd Dog.

You can keep on trying but on this Schutzhund training is literally not backing you in anyway. Do you even have the idea of the first step to be taken before we check the dog's temperament, you can't know except you look up google and get informations.

The likes of Grandiose German Shepherds in the person of Major General Ahmed Mohammed have been to these shows, he has taken his time to teach us how it is being done through videos and PDF files, so you can't know beyond what you know. We know what the Schutzhund training is, in our world a dog with courage and any form of enthusiasm, being confident is never an aggressive dog and in fact it is an embodiment of every German Shepherd Dog.

You've been screaming violence and every other term you deemed it fit to use, but you can't see any of those words in the Schutzhund training.

What you don't know is above you oga. If you like continue your narrative, according to the normal standard of the SV Schutzhund training, a dog with any form of aggression can never make SCHH1 let alone SCHH3.

And BTW, what else do you know that is being done in a Schutzhund training?...go and marry your google ooo. Like rumenase will say, NA DEM

1 Like

Re: Dog Training And Socialization by phunkypalace(m): 4:27pm On Dec 19, 2019
bosst123:

Thank you for responding. I know the parents of the Male PuP , the father is very big and tall and the mother is medium sized too. They are large aussies. As for the female , I bought it at the rod side when I had a feeling the male pup needs company

I'm literally not asking for how and what the parents look like, when I ask you how are they bred...I'm asking you to provide the dog's history which can also be termed the dog's pedigree if any is available. But if you don't mind, can you share the parents pictures if you have any please.
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by phunkypalace(m): 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2019
bosst123:

Damn, now I can see clearer pictures. Hit me up on whatsapp via 08062682135. I need to show you somethings
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by IamAnderson(m): 4:56pm On Dec 19, 2019
phunkypalace:

first of all, when I said shutzund training is everywhere I obviously meant online because I'm sure as hell you didn't go to Germany to learn it, you sat in Nigeria and downloaded PDF files.
and secondly the steps in the shutzund training literally meant violence, violence is not a term used in dog training but several words are used to describe violence.
thirdly, knowing about the terms and steps in shutzund training didn't help you win a "nairaland novice with only one dog" so you should be embarrassed.
fourthly, I thank god that I am not a man insulting people for googling facts and going toe to toe In an argument that lasted for hours with him and his bitch even though his only certification for the topic he pats himself on the back so much for is a collection of PDF files he downloaded.
fiftly, let me leave you with this, since you said a dog cannot be a good guard dog without any form of aggression then tell me how the good guard dogs you've seen or trained do their jobs without any sign of aggression

Re: Dog Training And Socialization by phunkypalace(m): 5:21pm On Dec 19, 2019
IamAnderson:

first of all, when I said shutzund training is everywhere I obviously meant online because I'm sure as hell you didn't go to Germany to learn it, you sat in Nigeria and downloaded PDF files.
and secondly the steps in the shutzund training literally meant violence, violence is not a term used in dog training but several words are used to describe violence.
thirdly, knowing about the terms and steps in shutzund training didn't help you win a "nairaland novice with only one dog" so you should be embarrassed.
fourthly, I thank god that I am not a man insulting people for googling facts and going toe to toe In an argument that lasted for hours with him and his bitch even though his only certification for the topic he pats himself on the back so much for is a collection of PDF files he downloaded.
fiftly, let me leave you with this, since you said a dog cannot be a good guard dog without any form of aggression then tell me how the good guard dogs you've seen or trained do their jobs without any sign of aggression

Well..well..well, yes I didn't go to Germany same as some BB owners didn't go to South Africa but they are doing perfectly well. But one thing you should know I am a member of the German Shepherd Foundation of Nigeria and this breed club is affiliated with the SV. We live by the rules and the codes of the SV, so when the SV provides manuals in PDF format for us to read, we do and everyone does. We go as far as taking courses with the ICB and we pay very well for it so yes, you can actually sit in Nigeria and learn.

We do not believe in violence hence the reason you would never find it in the shutzhund training manual, it goes as high as letting you know that dogs in the schutzhund training for thr BH title are also thrown out if they show any form of aggression...so please...change your narrative.

You've been screaming embarrassed..embarrassed..embarrassed. I can't be embarrassed with this, this is nothing compared to my achievements in the German Shepherd world. I have world class stocks and some of my puppies are doing well in their various homes, some are in Ghana too, my works and my dogs speak for me. As a matter of fact I can't count how many chats and calls I receive from people who want to learn new things on daily basis. BTW, I am not trying to win you in anyway, you are clearly not the type I can compete with, you don't have the balls so trying to win you is a complete waste of time.

What am I doing?....I am trying to help other members who are reading this thread in other for them not to be misinformed. Folks like you are on the rampage on NL and I won't stop the good work by preaching against foolish assumptions and misconceptions that you preach out there because once you own a single dog, you think you know virtually everything.

I won't answer you again because you want the world to think this is a competition and your use of innuendos and indirect insults is totally out of it, to me it isn't, when you give false informations, other people who are willing to learn are clearly seeing my posts and they'll pick one or two things from it.

You own a Caucasian, go and meet the likes of Bsquared In Jos, talk to Tox, Divine In Anambra, talk to Embo and Cephas in Kaduna..let them put you things you think you know but you don't.

English definition is not it in the dog world okay?....you're novice today, but you can actually come out of it tomorrow if you're willing to learn.

I wish you all the best.
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by IamAnderson(m): 6:20pm On Dec 19, 2019
phunkypalace:

We do not believe in violence hence the reason you would never find it in the shutzhund training manual, it goes as high as letting you know that dogs in the schutzhund training for thr BH title are also thrown out if they show any form of aggression...so please...change your narrative.

You've been screaming embarrassed..embarrassed..embarrassed. I can't be embarrassed with this, this is nothing compared to my achievements in the German Shepherd world. I have world class stocks and some of my puppies are doing well in their various homes, some are in Ghana too, my works and my dogs speak for me. As a matter of fact I can't count how many chats and calls I receive from people who want to learn new things on daily basis. BTW, I am not trying to win you in anyway, you are clearly not the type I can compete with, you don't have the balls so trying to win you is a complete waste of time.

What am I doing?....I am trying to help other members who are reading this thread in other for them not to be misinformed. Folks like you are on the rampage on NL and I won't stop the good work by preaching against foolish assumptions and misconceptions that you preach out there because once you own a single dog, you think you know virtually everything.

I won't answer you again because you want the world to think this is a competition and your use of innuendos and indirect insults is totally out of it, to me it isn't, when you give false informations, other people who are willing to learn are clearly seeing my posts and they'll pick one or two things from it.

You own a Caucasian, go and meet the likes of Bsquared In Jos, talk to Tox, Divine In Anambra, talk to Embo and Cephas in Kaduna..let them put you things you think you know but you don't.

English definition is not it in the dog world okay?....you're novice today, but you can actually come out of it tomorrow if you're willing to learn.

I wish you all the best.
"we do not believe in violence yet we are an organization that teaches dogs how to attack on command" you see how that statement doesn't make sense right?

and now you've listed all your accomplishments no one asked for and you still didn't answer the question I asked you in my previous comment.
you see were the problem is?, you felt you could actually make a point but when you found out you couldn't your insecurity jumped out and you've been name dropping and talking about courses you've allegedly studied in dog training cheesy
I don't have the balls and winning me is a complete waste of time yet guess who spent over 15hrs arguing with me?

and I've seen you've been trying to bring in the fact that I don't have multiple pedigree dogs to try to discredit me cheesy
it's always like that with some vets,trainers or breeders when they feel cornered or threatened, "I have multiple pedigree dogs so I'm experienced' has to be one of the most stupid beliefs ever.
I've seen people that have pedigree dogs and still don't know what to do, they still go around asking for advice.
it's people like you that feel like a dog owner having a non pedigree dog is such a big deal when even the people you struggle to download their PDF files in their country most dog owners own mutts or non pedigree dogs.
but because you have learned the meaning of pedigree you now go around throwing it like it's an added laurel to your head, pleeaassse.
and why would I start travelling around to meet popular Caucasian breeders because I own a Caucasian?
does that really make sense to you or is it just more name dropping?
do you think it's every dog owner that is interested in getting these laurels that have no value in the real world like you?
lmao some people just love dogs and want to keep them, you reading PDF files or joining any organization that anyone can join if they choose to doesn't make you better than them so just slow down and think.

you've called me a novice several times yet I'm still waiting for you to type one ground breaking comment that'll prove me to be a fool cheesy

throwing titles and names around doesn't mean you've made a point, I see that has been your mode of operation for some time now.

when you're ready to get off that wooden horse you think you're riding into the sunset you can answer the question I asked you in my previous comment, otherwise goodbye Mr "dogman'
lmao .
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by phunkypalace(m): 8:37am On Dec 20, 2019
IamAnderson:

"we do not believe in violence yet we are an organization that teaches dogs how to attack on command" you see how that statement doesn't make sense right?

and now you've listed all your accomplishments no one asked for and you still didn't answer the question I asked you in my previous comment.
you see were the problem is?, you felt you could actually make a point but when you found out you couldn't your insecurity jumped out and you've been name dropping and talking about courses you've allegedly studied in dog training cheesy
I don't have the balls and winning me is a complete waste of time yet guess who spent over 15hrs arguing with me?

and I've seen you've been trying to bring in the fact that I don't have multiple pedigree dogs to try to discredit me cheesy
it's always like that with some vets,trainers or breeders when they feel cornered or threatened, "I have multiple pedigree dogs so I'm experienced' has to be one of the most stupid beliefs ever.
I've seen people that have pedigree dogs and still don't know what to do, they still go around asking for advice.
it's people like you that feel like a dog owner having a non pedigree dog is such a big deal when even the people you struggle to download their PDF files in their country most dog owners own mutts or non pedigree dogs.
but because you have learned the meaning of pedigree you now go around throwing it like it's an added laurel to your head, pleeaassse.
and why would I start travelling around to meet popular Caucasian breeders because I own a Caucasian?
does that really make sense to you or is it just more name dropping?
do you think it's every dog owner that is interested in getting these laurels that have no value in the real world like you?
lmao some people just love dogs and want to keep them, you reading PDF files or joining any organization that anyone can join if they choose to doesn't make you better than them so just slow down and think.

you've called me a novice several times yet I'm still waiting for you to type one ground breaking comment that'll prove me to be a fool cheesy

throwing titles and names around doesn't mean you've made a point, I see that has been your mode of operation for some time now.

when you're ready to get off that wooden horse you think you're riding into the sunset you can answer the question I asked you in my previous comment, otherwise goodbye Mr "dogman'
lmao .

This above is your self coined phrase and as such does not apply to the rudiments of the Schutzhund training, you are only twisting up everything just to suit your narrative and yes it doesn't make any sense.

Secondly you stated that the steps in the schutzhund training means violence but the last time I checked there are three steps which are:

Tracking

Obedience

Protection.

But before a dog can actually enter for a schutzhund training, it needs to complete a special test which you deliberately omitted when you posted a picture from the write up...let me flash your mind back to it:

There are three schutzhund titles: Schutzhund 1 (SchH1), Schutzhund 2 (SchH2), and Schutzhund 3 (SchH3). SchH1 is the first title and SchH3 is the most advanced. Additionally, before a dog can compete for an SchH1, it must pass a temperament test called a B or BH (Begleithundprüfung, which translates as "traffic-sure companion dog test"wink. The B tests basic obedience and sureness around strange people, strange dogs, traffic, and loud noises. A dog that exhibits excessive fear, distractibility, or aggression cannot pass the B and so cannot go on to schutzhund.

So you see my friend, aggression is not needed in any dog that wants to compete in the schutzhund training and infact this is one of the reason why some breed will literally fail or can't even enter.

You talked about listing my accomplishments, yes I needed to because I observed you were making it look as if this is a competition and there is a reward afterwards. People like you are the major reason why some mentors prefer not to speak because you people think because you have data and sit behind your keypad you can actually just throw out tantrums and unwarranted indirect insults to people just to make a point.

I do not feel cornered nor threatened in any way, like I told you my works speak for me, that alone is enough.

You talk about people who owned pedigree dogs and still go around seeking for advice, it is possible Mr, there is always a reason for buying a dog at least I take my time to ask questions from whoever it is that says he/she is interested in getting a German Shepherd from me. So people in that category could have actually bought a dog for a separate reason and all of a sudden want to become a breeder because they believe they need to get all their spendings back. We've seen a whole lot of them and let's see if you who claim to buy your dog for the love of it will not use it for breeding in the nearest future. Let's see if you won't deviate from your sole reason of getting the dog. Breeding is not some just joking thing and you really need to make adequate research into what you're getting into especially if you want to own more than a single breed, so when breeders look at you who doesn't have a pedigree dog but you want to breed with what you initially bought for companionship then they are right to tell you..you don't know your onions. If I start using some terms you'll scream I'm trying to make a point but in essence I am not at least I've never made a point to you ever since this started.

As to giving out names of people, it is your sole discretion to do anything about that, at least I ain't trying to force you but I believe one who wants to learn more will go out all the way to do anything possible.

lmao.

If you really know the meaning of a dog man, you won't be thinking it's funny but because you have no basic idea about any of these things, you think it is something you can use in making jest of me. Well let me tell you like I said earlier what you don't know is above you, and when you're ready to discuss and learn and stop throwing out tantrums in form of insults, maybe we can then show you how genetic contributions into the genes of these dogs and how proper study of pedigree analysis has helped us over the years in removing what you term as aggression in the German Shepherd Dog. I do not know about any other breed but you saying aggression is needed in a Schutzhund trained dog is a blatant lie.
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by IamAnderson(m): 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2019
phunkypalace:

This above is your self coined phrase and as such does not apply to the rudiments of the Schutzhund training, you are only twisting up everything just to suit your narrative and yes it doesn't make any sense.

Secondly you stated that the steps in the schutzhund training means violence but the last time I checked there are three steps which are:

Tracking

Obedience

Protection.

if you checked the screenshot I sent you'll see I only took a screenshot of the protection step because that's the part I was trying to talk about, you listing the other steps has literally nothing to add or take away from what I said earlier.
you are teaching the dogs in the protection stage of the training to attack to defend their handlers and you cannot say attacking is not a form of violence yet you say you do not train dogs how to be violent does that add up to you?
which is why I listed the signs of aggression in dogs and asked you to tell us how a guard dog does it's work without using any of the signs since you said you use dogs without any form of aggression. you are still yet to answer that question.
I also asked you why a Newfoundland dog cannot go through training to be a guard dog but can go through training to be an emotional crutch dog, what does it lack that differentiates it from other popular guard breeds, since you said the dogs are just obeying orders and they have no form of aggression why can't the Newfoundland dog obey orders to attack but can obey orders to accompany little kids and stay by their side? what attribute does it lack? what is the attribute that all the other guard breeds have in common? since you said aggression isn't needed at all, tell us what the attribute is?.
You still haven't answered that too instead you're bringing up random topics from shutzund training that has nothing to do with what I asked.

see I noticed you've been acting like I'm just a random person that has no prior knowledge of the topic and you're the one with the wider platform to talk cheesy
imagine you telling me I need to understand the science? lmao
do I need to remind you that you're a linguist that read PDF files and joined a club?
I'm not the kind of person that brags or uses degrees in arguments because I find it very immature and riddled with insecurities, but let me just tell you that if we want to go that way, you talking to me about genetics or science is going to look like a big joke.

don't reply me again with another long comment filled with unnecessary paragraphs I have to delete before replying you except you're answering the questions I asked.
I'm not going to repeat myself another time, it's not my fault it's hard for you to read and understand what someone is trying to say.

answer the questions I asked or stop hitting everywhere except the head of the nail.

and yes you referring to yourself as a "dogman" is funny, it sounds like you're part of that small percentage of Nigerians that feel like them knowing about dogs makes them better or smarter than other people so they join every social media platform to talk to the 5% of the population that is interested in "dog social media" like they are bosses or superior. smiley

the real people that are actually knowledgeable and important in the dog community don't bother themselves in social media antics, rather you hear their names and their work and dogs speak for them, it's always people like you that are in every group and forum creating threads
Re: Dog Training And Socialization by phunkypalace(m): 1:27pm On Dec 20, 2019
and yes you referring to yourself as a "dogman" is funny, it sounds like you're part of that small percentage of Nigerians that feel like them knowing about dogs makes them better or smarter than other people so they join every social media platform to talk to the 5% of the population that is interested in "dog social media" like they are bosses or superior. smiley

the real people that are actually knowledgeable and important in the dog community don't bother themselves in social media antics, rather you hear their names and their work and dogs speak for them, it's always people like you that are in every group and forum creating threads

I thought this was going to end well in a more respectable manner but I see trying to impart knowledge and trying to answer that your question is now a sin. Don't worry I won't create threads and won't bother going into social media antics. This is the major reason why some of them don't talk, people like you throw out bants. Keep it up, there is a reward for everybody.

I'm a linguist and I just read PDF files...very funny. If and when I see a more open approach without bants, I'll answer your question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Chase Or Kill Cats In My Compound / Types Of Monkeys And Their Funny Pictures / 8 Weeks German Shepherds Puppies, For Sale (pics) , LAGOS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 193
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.