Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,305 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

My Experience On The Road While Traveling From Abuja To Anambra State.(photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience On The Road While Traveling From Abuja To Anambra State.(photos) (1225 Views)

I Am Traveling From Asaba To Onitsha Today, This Is How Prepared I Am (Photos) / Gutter Is Now The Road While The Road Is Now The Gutter / The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience On The Road While Traveling From Abuja To Anambra State.(photos) by ufondunenye(f): 2:29pm On Nov 22, 2019
So, I traveled to Anambra State from Abuja with two of my male friends last weekend for a program, and the experience I had on the road left me thinking of what actually is our security agencies doing in this country in other to secure people's life and properties especially in this ember month.

The two guys that I traveled with had the Army cap placed in front of the car and I was sitting at the back of the car. All through our journey, none of the NIgerian Forces stopped the car to do a normal check up,, instead they were busy saluting the guy on the steering.
Police force, Army, Civil defence, FRSC, were busy saluting an "Ordinary Civilian" ? Because of the army cap he placed on the car? I was really pissed with those security personels on the road and this left me with so many questions like;

What if I was a kidnapped victim in the car?
What if there was a dead body on the car boot?
What if they are arm robbers that just robbed some people and decided to use the cap as an.escape means?
What if they are yahoo boys or drug dealers or the car was stolen?
So that is how they could have escape right under the nose of all the security personels at every checking points.

This is wrong!!!
I'm writing this because I was not happy with the experience I had last weekend , and I believe that the Nigeria Security personels should try and put things in order. That you see someone putting one of the security regalia in his car doesn't make the. person one of you, the individual might just be using that as an excuse to escape at each checking point.
Please move to the front page.

Lalasticala

Thank you.

Re: My Experience On The Road While Traveling From Abuja To Anambra State.(photos) by Kylekent59: 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2019
They are afraid themselves, what do you expect them to do?

Stop the car and immediately one of them wind down, he shoots one of them?

Their lives are important to them also. No better weapons to combat or face them if it happens....

No one is safe.

If ballot boxes could be snatched in front of security agencies, bank robbed in broad daylight, police officers pass you by at Opiweka at night when being robbed by deadly 6 guys comfortably, boko haram members caught then later released, Sars men shoot innocent young citizens, police shoots in the open knowing fully well that people are around, armed robbers robbing a police station, police man shooting a bike rider just because of #50.

Forget it no one is safe again in this country, even police officers ain't safe talk more of politicians.

The only way out is "revolution, total overhaling in the armed forces "

2 Likes

Re: My Experience On The Road While Traveling From Abuja To Anambra State.(photos) by rtdCivilservant: 3:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
ufondunenye:
So, I traveled to Anambra State from Abuja with two of my male friends last weekend for a program, and the experience I had on the road left me thinking of what actually is our security agencies doing in this country in other to secure people's life and properties especially in this ember month.

The two guys that I traveled with had the Army cap placed in front of the car and I was sitting at the back of the car. All through our journey, none of the NIgerian Forces stopped the car to do a normal check up,, instead they were busy saluting the guy on the steering.
Police force, Army, Civil defence, FRSC, were busy saluting an "Ordinary Civilian" ? Because of the army cap he placed on the car? I was really pissed with those security personels on the road and this left me with so many questions like;

What if I was a kidnapped victim in the car?
What if there was a dead body on the car boot?
What if they are arm robbers that just robbed some people and decided to use the cap as an.escape means?
What if they are yahoo boys or drug dealers or the car was stolen?
So that is how they could have escape right under the nose of all the security personels at every checking points.

This is wrong!!!
I'm writing this because I was not happy with the experience I had last weekend , and I believe that the Nigeria Security personels should try and put things in order. That you see someone putting one of the security regalia in his car doesn't make the. person one of you, the individual might just be using that as an excuse to escape at each checking point.
Please move to the front page.

Lalasticala

Thank you.

Though u have a point but I am very sure the essence of leaving the cap on that dashboard was for a smooth pass which u guys enjoyed, so I believe u should start the preaching from ur friends by telling them to take off the cap on the board especially when they are not even uniform men.
Re: My Experience On The Road While Traveling From Abuja To Anambra State.(photos) by pocohantas(f): 3:06pm On Nov 22, 2019
Very nice thread, I have been in situations where I saw such happen and was left wondering. What if this? What if that?

I hope they see this thread and take necessary corrections.

OP, shey you know that guy might be on Nairaland. No more ride for you o.
Re: My Experience On The Road While Traveling From Abuja To Anambra State.(photos) by pocohantas(f): 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2019
rtdCivilservant:

Though u have a point but I am very sure the essence of leaving the cap on that dashboard was for a smooth pass which u guys enjoyed, so I believe u should start the preaching from ur friends by telling them to take off the cap on the board especially when they are not even uniform men.

Good point too.

I was in a car, we got to a checkpoint and he refused to stop. I changed it for him badly. I was livid!!! What does it take you to stop? What if they open fire on us? Why risk our lives because you think we are running out of time? We all know how trigger-happy Nigerian police are, yet you conveniently risked our lives. Next thing, our dead body will be on social media.

We should be able to sensitise our loved ones. I am of the opinion that the change begins from all of us. I am not perfect, but I am doing my best not to circumvent the system that was put in place to protect me/us.

1 Like

Re: My Experience On The Road While Traveling From Abuja To Anambra State.(photos) by sauceEEP(m): 4:35pm On Nov 22, 2019
Thank your stars there was no military checkpoint if not dem for troway frog jump for inability to identify themselves...
Re: My Experience On The Road While Traveling From Abuja To Anambra State.(photos) by ufondunenye(f): 5:07pm On Nov 22, 2019
rtdCivilservant:

Yes we really had a smooth ride that day, it was fun watching those uniform men salute us,but I cautioned my guys about it anyway.
Re: My Experience On The Road While Traveling From Abuja To Anambra State.(photos) by ufondunenye(f): 5:10pm On Nov 22, 2019
Kylekent59:
They are afraid themselves, what do you expect them to do?

Stop the car and immediately one of them wind down, he shoots one of them?

Their lives are important to them also. No better weapons to combat or face them if it happens....

No one is safe.

If ballot boxes could be snatched in front of security agencies, bank robbed in broad daylight, police officers pass you by at Opiweka at night when being robbed by deadly 6 guys comfortably, boko haram members caught then later released, Sars men shoot innocent young citizens, police shoots in the open knowing fully well that people are around, armed robbers robbing a police station, police man shooting a bike rider just because of #50.

Forget it no one is safe again in this country, even police officers ain't safe talk more of politicians.

The only way out is "revolution, total overhaling in the armed forces "
You have a point here, to the extent that we even overtook each car at every traffic in front of any army check point and they couldn't do anything.
Re: My Experience On The Road While Traveling From Abuja To Anambra State.(photos) by ufondunenye(f): 5:11pm On Nov 22, 2019
pocohantas:
Very nice thread, I have been in situations where I saw such happen and was left wondering. What if this? What if that?

I hope they see this thread and take necessary corrections.

OP, shey you know that guy might be on Nairaland. No more ride for you o.
Lol, he is my person. and he's away of this write up grin
Re: My Experience On The Road While Traveling From Abuja To Anambra State.(photos) by ufondunenye(f): 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2019
sauceEEP:
Thank your stars there was no military checkpoint if not dem for troway frog jump for inability to identify themselves...
Did you read the write up at all? And how did you expect not to see any military check point from abuja to Anambra State? shocked
Re: My Experience On The Road While Traveling From Abuja To Anambra State.(photos) by rtdCivilservant: 9:20pm On Nov 22, 2019
ufondunenye:

Yes we really had a smooth ride that day, it was fun watching those uniform men salute us,but I cautioned my guys about it anyway.
U should start by telling them that what they did was unlawful before coming on nairaland to condemn our country. Change begins with u.
Re: My Experience On The Road While Traveling From Abuja To Anambra State.(photos) by rtdCivilservant: 9:22pm On Nov 22, 2019
ufondunenye:

Lol, he is my person. and he's away of this write up grin
Ur bf u mean?

(1) (Reply)

My Opinion On Marriage By African Men In Diaspora. / Can I Apply For UK Tourist Visa With 1.2million / This Is What Brazilian Moi Moi Called Abara Looks Like(photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.