Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,721 members, 7,831,296 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

I'm Depressed. I Need Advise - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I'm Depressed. I Need Advise (407 Views)

I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ / My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me / Depressed Man Sets His Bsc And NYSC Certificates On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm Depressed. I Need Advise by Undilutedme: 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2019
Hello people.
I seriously need advise from you guys here.
I'm a student in one of the federal universities down south studying. Currently in 100l, going to 200l.
I initially applied for medicine but I was transferred to the course(Bio) cos I couldn't meet the cut off mark(with just 3 marks).
The thing is medicine is the course I really want to study... I just feel so sad. I've tried 4 times with all unsuccessful. M6 dilemma now is, my mom and brother are saying I should just study what I'm doing now and should forget about trying medicine again but my heart really wants to try. My whole soul, spirit and body craves so much for medicine. It's not really about money. I just have serious passion for it.
I know if I try and get the admission, my mom will sponsor it so I'm planning on using my money to re write jamb and post utme without letting anyone in my house know until I get I get the admission. Do u guys think it's a good idea or I should just follow what I've been told by mom and brother. I need advise, I don't want to make the wrong guy decisions.

ps : I don't find any joy in my current course. I'm just sad, I cannot associate with my course mates, I'm just striving to do well and I'm scared if I continue like this, I may end up not doing well. Please advise me. And again I don't want to graduate and come back(direct entry) because I may not want to come back. If I don't fight it now, I may not be able to fight it in future. Please advise me.

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Advise by BUTTERMILKSUGAR(m): 3:00pm On Nov 22, 2019
I wish I actually didn't listen to my parents when they forced my course of study down my throat. But I don't really blame them. I had stayed at home for 5 years writing jamb.
Now I am through with nysc and unemployed..

Since you are in 100 level I will suggest you look for a way to switch to pharmacy better yet, rewrite utme so far you ain't in tune with your current course
Re: I'm Depressed. I Need Advise by chival(f): 5:31pm On Nov 22, 2019
Sounds like you already have a good plan. Write JAMB again, but do it quietly. If you succeed in getting Medicine, your mum and entire family will be happy for you. It's really commendable that you know what you want and are determined to get it. Several successful people had to try so many times before achieving feats for which they are now globally recognized. Give it your best shot and I wish you success.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Used Lexus ES 330 Foreign 2005 Model Grey / Junior School Certificate JSC Result 2019 / Good Academics Performance In Nigeria - FUTA Best Graduating Student Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.