Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Is Nigeria In Recession - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria In Recession (624 Views)

Nigeria Is In Recession Because We Have An Idiot As President - Reno Omokiri / Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola / "This Is Nigeria": Femi Falana Blasts MURIC For Threatening To Sue Falz (2) (3) (4)

Is Nigeria In Recession by aljharem(m): 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2019
Is nigeria in recession ?

No money nothing. People are not spending. The government released a policy of reducing T Bill's rate to single digits. One of the lowest in recent times so as to encourage people to spend more but it worsen the situation.

Again I ask, Is Nigeria in recession ?

The crime rate has more than tripled (based on my own statistics) and people are getting more desperate. Suicide rate is going up again. No business is flourishing.

Re: Is Nigeria In Recession by paix(m): 5:46pm On Nov 22, 2019
aljharem:
Are you in Nigeria?
Re: Is Nigeria In Recession by aljharem(m): 5:48pm On Nov 22, 2019
paix:
Are you in Nigeria?

How does that answer my question?

Re: Is Nigeria In Recession by paix(m): 5:54pm On Nov 22, 2019
aljharem:

How does that answer my question?
Because we answer questions with questions here.

Re: Is Nigeria In Recession by SalamRushdie: 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2019
aljharem:

No money nothing. People are not spending. The government released a policy of reducing T Bill's rate to single digits. One of the lowest in recent times so as to encourage people to spend more but it worsen the situation.

The crime rate has more than tripled (based on my own statistics) and people are getting more desperate. Suicide rate is going up again. No business is flourishing.

We never left that recession it was just masked ..have noticed the National Bureau for Statistics has not released it quarterly report in the last 2 years ?

Re: Is Nigeria In Recession by voltron14: 6:16pm On Nov 22, 2019
SalamRushdie:

We never left that recession it was just masked ..have noticed the National Bureau for Statistics has not released it quarterly report in the last 2 years ?

Stop lying.
Re: Is Nigeria In Recession by Monogamy: 6:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
This one is from Mars oo.

Which Nigerians have it ever being easy for?

Even rich man will also tell you it is not easy..
Re: Is Nigeria In Recession by stonemasonn: 6:30pm On Nov 22, 2019
I guess more businesses have collapsed since 2015 than new ones.

I think something has to be done on the dollar exchange rate.

Re: Is Nigeria In Recession by Oluwatosean(m): 6:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
[url=https:///2349027249884?text=Hello%2C%20Im%20interested%20in%20joiNing%20your%20WhatsApp%20TV..%20My%20name%20is]CLICK[/url]
9ja situation pass recession
Re: Is Nigeria In Recession by sweetonugbu: 6:42pm On Nov 22, 2019
SalamRushdie:

are you new in this Nairaland?. No character is as confused as aljharam, he is consistently confused, a camelion, he voted Mr integrity and even become ritualistic then, why is he complaining?.

Re: Is Nigeria In Recession by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 22, 2019
APC supporter is complaining of HARDSHIP.

I thought that fighting corruption was enough to feed Nigerians.

ATIKU told you he is an employer of labour. His area of specialization. He had certificate. And at least 5,000 employees, being conservative with figures.

Buhary told you he is a Cattle rearer. You chose a Cattle rearer.

Oga, go and eat cow meat...

Re: Is Nigeria In Recession by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 22, 2019
Two items people buy now are FOOD and DRUGS.

And they told us GDP increased on paper. Smh.

Re: Is Nigeria In Recession by Adblg0610: 9:40pm On Nov 22, 2019
We"re not in recession,but on ascension to greatness. We're transiting from being an import-dependent nation to self-dependence (at least,to a reasonable extent). For Nigeria to have closed its land borders for about 3 months now without much serious dire consequence,is a huge toast to our profound resilience as a nation. The Almighty God,in His infinite mercy, has blessed us with abundant human and natural resources. We're the most favoured in the world,let's unite.

Re: Is Nigeria In Recession by aljharem(m): 12:16am On Nov 23, 2019
Adblg0610:
We"re not in recession,but on ascension to greatness. We're transiting from being an import-dependent nation to self-dependence (at least,to a reasonable extent). For Nigeria to have closed its land borders for about 3 months now without much serious dire consequence,is a huge toast to our profound resilience as a nation. The Almighty God,in His infinite mercy, has blessed us with abundant human and natural resources. We're the most favoured in the world,let's unite.

I really hope so
Re: Is Nigeria In Recession by solmusdesigns: 5:39am On Nov 23, 2019
aljharem:

why dont you google the meaning of recession and also google our economic growth rate for this quater and come back to answer your own question
Re: Is Nigeria In Recession by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 23, 2019
-

Re: Is Nigeria In Recession by aljharem(m): 8:07pm On Nov 23, 2019
solmusdesigns:

why dont you google the meaning of recession and also google our economic growth rate for this quater and come back to answer your own question

Keep deceiving yourself. You think recession is about your fictitious statistics and figures. The micro economy will tell you all you need to know
Re: Is Nigeria In Recession by aljharem(m): 8:09pm On Nov 23, 2019
BeachTime:
Nigeria is poor and underdeveloped because Nigeria steals Akwa ibom oil money ($16 Billion dollars per year) and disburses it to all states in Nigeria , and then gives Akwa ibom peanuts ($600 Million dollars per year ) .
If Bill Gates divides his $60 billion dollars wealth to 1 million people , He and the 1 million people would all have only $60 thousand dollars each.

Please this does not make sense. Please read of resource distribution and wealth distribution. It is a whole topic on itself

Re: Is Nigeria In Recession by mrvitalis(m): 9:16pm On Nov 23, 2019
BeachTime:
Nigeria is poor and underdeveloped because Nigeria steals Akwa ibom oil money ($16 Billion dollars per year) and disburses it to all states in Nigeria , and then gives Akwa ibom peanuts ($600 Million dollars per year ) .
If Bill Gates divides his $60 billion dollars wealth to 1 million people , He and the 1 million people would all have only $60 thousand dollars each.
You surely have deficiency in basic mathematics

The Senate Without Dino / Why Don't You Like Adeyinka Grandson? / Fulani Herdsmen Will Be Armed And Encouraged To Slaughter Us With Impurity - MNK