Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Why I Accepted Tottenham Job – Mourinho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Accepted Tottenham Job – Mourinho (474 Views)

Bayern’s Harry Kane Offer Accepted By Tottenham; Striker Must Decide / Luis Enrique Now For Tottenham's Job As Chelsea Focuses On Julian Nigelsmann / Mourinho Emerges Favourite For Tottenham’s Job After Pochettino’s Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Accepted Tottenham Job – Mourinho by Kunlenoni: 5:47pm On Nov 22, 2019
Jose Mourinho has revealed that the quality in the players at Tottenham is the reason why he accepted the job to manage the club

Mourinho was announced as Tottenham’s new manager following Tuesday night’s sacking of Mauricio Pochettino.

He has since resumed and had his first training with the team. His first game would be on Saturday against West Ham.

The Portuguese explained, “I am excited to be joining a club with such a great heritage and such passionate supporters,” as quoted by Independent UK.

“The quality in both the squad and the academy excites me. Working with these players is what has attracted me.

“I couldn’t be happier and if I was not as happy as I am, I wouldn’t be here. What can I promise? Passion – for my job but also passion for my club.

“It’s a privilege when a manager goes to a club and feels that happiness in relation to the squad that he’s going to have.

“These are not words of the moment. They are not words of me being the Tottenham Head Coach, these are words that I’ve told and I’ve repeated in the last three, four, five years even as an opponent.

“To play against Tottenham at White Hart Lane was always hard but beautiful. It was one of these places where I used to go with passion but also with respect.

“I always told about the club’s potential. I always told about the qualities of the players. I always told the magnificent work the club was doing.

“I really like this squad and looking to the younger players there is not one manager in the world that doesn’t like to play young players and to help young players to develop. There is not one.

“The problem is that sometimes you get into clubs where the work that is below you is not good enough to produce these players so I look to our history and you see that the Academy is always giving the talents that the first team needs. Of course I look forward to work with that profile.”

https://hotnaijagist.com/why-i-accepted-tottenham-job-mourinho-hotnaijagist-sport/

1 Share

Re: Why I Accepted Tottenham Job – Mourinho by lukui: 6:03pm On Nov 22, 2019
the guy that successfully incorporated Rugby with football, if you miss ball don't miss leg

though Tottenham go carry cup but I pity their players den go smell pepper!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Promises 'iconic' Rematch With Ruiz As He's Shown Around D Arena / Bet9ja .com Sure Correct Odd Available / Chelsea 2-1 Lille: Tammy Abraham And Azpilicueta Hands Chelsea Qualification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.