Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,469 members, 7,864,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:14 AM

INEC Has Reversed All The Electoral Gains Made By Jega In 2015 –Onuesoke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Has Reversed All The Electoral Gains Made By Jega In 2015 –Onuesoke (372 Views)

Onuesoke: Why APC Shouldn't Be Allowed To Remain In Power Beyond May 2023 / Onuesoke: Buhari Has A Penchant For Disappointing Nigerians Every New Year / Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Has Reversed All The Electoral Gains Made By Jega In 2015 –Onuesoke by nairavsdollars(f): 7:10am On Nov 23, 2019
Chief Sunny Onuesoke, a public affairs analyst and former governorship aspirant is a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Delta State. In this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, he speaks on the just concluded governorship elections in Kogi and Bayelsa states, agitations for Presidency in 2023 and other issues. Excerpts:

As a politician and public affairs analyst, what is your assessment of the just concluded governorship elections in Kogi and Bayelsa states?

The elections in both states were a sham; it is an unfortunate turn of event of our democratic experience. The elections were marred by violence, ballot snatching and killing in both states and a total disregard for due process by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in connivance with the military. On a scale of one to ten, my assessment would be two over ten.

Both elections were characterised by massive rigging and calling of fictitious results, in what can only described as a broad daylight robbery by the ruthless rigging machinery of the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led federal government. Unfortunately, such election were supervised and conducted by learned university professors who without hesitation and every sense of pleasure penalised student for malpractice in exams and test papers. Yet, same lecturers are the ones supervising over the biggest fraud and malpractices of a nation. What an irony?

Some Nigerians have said that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has reversed the gains made during the 2015 general elections. Do you share that view?

Yes! It is a glaring truth staring us in the face. Since 2015, elections in Nigeria have been a case of worry to all stakeholders. This is because Nigerians are beginning to lose confidence in both the process and the outcome. 2011 and 2015 witnessed the tremendous progress in our electoral process as most elections conducted within that time frame were adjudged to be free and fair in terms of expectations from both the electorate and the international community. Those were the elections conducted under Prof. Attahiru Jega who was appointed by former president, Goodluck Jonathan.

Unfortunately since 2015 when the current INEC chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu was appointed, elections conducted so far by INEC under the watchful eyes of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has been nothing to write home about. Unfortunately since 2015, it has been a case of steady fall. First, it was a case of series of inconclusive elections but now, it is now cases of ballot box snatching, vote buying, killings, destructions, maiming and alteration of actual election results.

Some Nigerians are also calling on President Muhammadu Buhari to adopt the recommendations of the Uwais’ Report in order to holistically reform the nation’s electoral system. What is your take on that?

It is a total waste of time to call on President Buhari to adopt the recommendation of the Uwais report. This is a president who has refused to sign an amended Electoral Law to pave the way for transparency in our electoral process due to inordinate agenda to perpetuate himself in office beyond 2019.
https://www.independent.ng/inec-has-reversed-electoral-gains-made-in-2015-onuesoke/

Re: INEC Has Reversed All The Electoral Gains Made By Jega In 2015 –Onuesoke by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 7:19am On Nov 23, 2019
He is right
Re: INEC Has Reversed All The Electoral Gains Made By Jega In 2015 –Onuesoke by sweetonugbu: 7:24am On Nov 23, 2019
Desperate commander is in the helm of affairs
Re: INEC Has Reversed All The Electoral Gains Made By Jega In 2015 –Onuesoke by hisexcellency34: 7:52am On Nov 23, 2019
I concur. Ordinary Kogi senatorial election declared inconclusive
Re: INEC Has Reversed All The Electoral Gains Made By Jega In 2015 –Onuesoke by Ashabbiiee: 8:38am On Nov 23, 2019
If i'm the president, i would have savked him
Re: INEC Has Reversed All The Electoral Gains Made By Jega In 2015 –Onuesoke by hisexcellency34: 9:13am On Nov 23, 2019
Na so. Will you sack him if he Is doing hatchet job for you??

Ashabbiiee:
If i'm the president, i would have savked him
Re: INEC Has Reversed All The Electoral Gains Made By Jega In 2015 –Onuesoke by blackboy(m): 9:20am On Nov 23, 2019
False. Jega showed that INEC can be used and determine the outcome of elections.
The new man has capitalized on it
Re: INEC Has Reversed All The Electoral Gains Made By Jega In 2015 –Onuesoke by ursullalinda(f): 10:01am On Nov 23, 2019
[quote author=Ashabbiiee post=84286994]If i'm the president, i would have savked him[/quote

What if is the president that assigned him that job?
Re: INEC Has Reversed All The Electoral Gains Made By Jega In 2015 –Onuesoke by hisexcellency34: 11:19am On Nov 23, 2019
Lies. I don't agree with you

blackboy:
False. Jega showed that INEC can be used and determine the outcome of elections.
The new man has capitalized on it

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Congratulates Ikponmwosa On Appointment As New LAPO MD / Goodbye Dino, Welcome Adeyemi / Kwara Commissioner For Finance And Planning Resumes Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.