Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 (2359 Views)

This Is The Infinix S5 — What Do You Think? + Camera Samples / Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Vs Note 8 Pro & Camon 12 Pro + Camera Samples / Infinix Hot 8 Vs Tecno Spark 3 Vs Hot 7: Battle Of the N30,000+ Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by kawkab: 7:18am On Nov 23, 2019
Good day all,

Please a friend of mine is thing of getting a new phone. He currently uses a Xiaomi Note 4x. Please between the new Infinix S5 and and the Xiaomi Note 7/8 which would you advise him to go for. Considering performance, Camera/Picture Quality and overall performance
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 23, 2019
kawkab:
Good day all,

Please a friend of mine is thing of getting a new phone. He currently uses a Xiaomi Note 4x. Please between the new Infinix S5 and and the Xiaomi Note 7/8 which would you advise him to go for. Considering performance, Camera/Picture Quality and overall performance
Hello,
As a Techie, Infinix cannot in anyway be compared to Xiaomi; it's like comparing a white-and-black television to an LCD. Way far, Xiaomi is reputable for having good processors (snapdragon) which is the salient thing to look out for in a phone. Or is it Xiaomi's new gorrrila glass feature to protect it against break? Processors determine battery life. Let me explain sth in a layman's tune: a snapdragon 2500Mah battery is going to last longer than a 4000Mah MediaTek battery and that is what Infinix has. Infinix is notorious for selling expensive rubbish with cheap chipsets.
Avoid Techno, iTel, Infinix.

7 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by sunshineV(f): 8:02am On Nov 23, 2019
0ppa:

Hello,
As a Techie, Infinix cannot in anyway be compared to Xiaomi; it's like comparing a white-and-black television to an LCD. Way far, Xiaomi is reputable for having good processors (snapdragon) which is the salient thing to look out for in a phone. Or is it Xiaomi's new gorrrila glass feature to protect it against break? Processors determine battery life. Let me explain sth in a layman's tune: a snapdragon 2500Mah battery is going to last longer than a 4000Mah MediaTek battery and that is what Infinix has. Infinix is notorious for selling expensive rubbish with cheap chipsets.

You are very right bro even tho mediatek have some good processors like the G90T in the redmi note 8 pro but I infinix, tecno and itel won't settle for those kind of processors. They are stuck with p22

5 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by drjprince: 8:14am On Nov 23, 2019
sunshineV:

You are very right bro even tho mediatek have some good processors like the G90T in the redmi note 8 pro but I infinix, tecno and itel won't settle for those kind of processors. They are stuck with p22
let just say infinix/Tecno has a spiritual covenant with mediatek helio p22/A22 cheesy

Very nonsense people

5 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by sunshineV(f): 8:57am On Nov 23, 2019
drjprince:
let just say infinix/Tecno has a spiritual covenant with mediatek helio p22/A22 cheesy

Very nonsense people
lol

I have a Huawei y9 2019 for sale btw for 55k
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by naijasensei: 2:42pm On Nov 23, 2019
0ppa:

Hello,
As a Techie, Infinix cannot in anyway be compared to Xiaomi; it's like comparing a white-and-black television to an LCD. Way far, Xiaomi is reputable for having good processors (snapdragon) which is the salient thing to look out for in a phone. Or is it Xiaomi's new gorrrila glass feature to protect it against break? Processors determine battery life...

sunshineV:

drjprince:

Very nonsense people

Seeing thread topics like this can be really annoying, but these responses put a smile on my face.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by Androidking: 2:59pm On Nov 23, 2019
0ppa:

Hello,

The first u should ask his, is budget, don't force him to save more to buy what u have in mind, ask him his budget....

Den how urgent and location.

Before u start suggesting
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by Mckandre(m): 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
kawkab:
Good day all,

u dont need to worry ya sef,so far ur friend is currently using note 4x,he should let his heart decide for him.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by drjprince: 4:19pm On Nov 23, 2019
Androidking:

The first u should ask his, is budget, don't force him to save more to buy what u have in mind, ask him his budget....

this marketer you keep going every thread I don't blame you

You go soon tire
Does availability justify buying nonsense and substandard goods
If you really know what the best you, sought for it isnt it undecided
You are letting that change that they are giving you make you ignorant
Stop trying transission is doomed with their inferior scrappy processors
Helio p22 precisely cheesy

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by Sam2310(m): 11:53pm On Nov 23, 2019
drjprince:
this marketer you keep going every thread I don't blame you

You go soon tire cheesy
u self sabi this the guy. No waste your time with him faa

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by Andyoa(m): 4:27am On Nov 24, 2019
Location? And why are you selling?
Drop your phone number for negotiation.
sunshineV:
lol

I have a Huawei y9 2019 for sale btw for 55k
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by drjprince: 6:03am On Nov 24, 2019
Sam2310:
u self sabi this the guy. No waste your time with him faa
he has been trying to defend mediocrity cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by Ejadike(m): 6:41am On Nov 24, 2019
sunshineV:

does redmi note 8 use mtk?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by naijasensei: 8:42am On Nov 24, 2019
Ejadike:

Don't get it twisted. There is a Redmi note 8, and a Redmi note 8 pro. The Redmi note 8 uses a Snapdragon 665 SOC, while the Redmi note 8 pro uses a more powerful MediaTek Helio G90T SOC.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 24, 2019
Androidking:

Most of those brands I listed are cheaper than the latter you opine.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by drjprince: 10:39am On Nov 24, 2019
0ppa:

ignore the lost sheep

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by sunshineV(f): 10:50am On Nov 24, 2019
Ejadike:

Yes it's pro
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by sunshineV(f): 10:53am On Nov 24, 2019
Andyoa:
Location? And why are you selling?
Drop your phone number for negotiation.

I'm in Lagos and I'm selling cus phone is not what I need right now. Phone is in perfect condition. Screen guard is cracked but phone screen is perfect

Please call 090 2135 0446
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by ZesusHVWritter(m): 11:17am On Nov 24, 2019
The redmi 8 is a much more better option than whatever infinix, tecno or itel is offering at any given price range.
I am typing with the redmi 8, though am not surprised at the performance because I know xiaomi prides in satisfactory experience. But am amazed how a phone of less than 50k can be this good and anyone knowingly will opt for a less worthy device that are more expensive and unusually deceitful appearances [ I am obviously talking of the transission manipulation ]

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by Ejadike(m): 11:56am On Nov 24, 2019
naijasensei:

Don't get it twisted. There is a Redmi note 8, and a Redmi note 8 pro. The Redmi note 8 uses a Snapdragon 665 SOC, while the Redmi note 8 pro uses a more powerful MediaTek Helio G90T SOC.
oh! Nice. How much for both?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by naijasensei: 12:10pm On Nov 24, 2019
Ejadike:
oh! Nice. How much for both?

Check the Xiaomi Thread Store in the Technology Market section.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by Androidking: 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2019
drjprince:
he has been trying to defend mediocrity cheesy

And u couldn't even prove me wrong angry sad sad sad
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7/8 Vs Infinix S5 by Androidking: 5:37pm On Nov 24, 2019
0ppa:

I didn't mention any phone, when any, I said u should have asked him his budget then u choose the cheapest best,

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 6 At Giveaway Price @ 12k / Can You Fix My Nokia N73(battery Goes Down Quickly) / For Sefan Only (sonyericsson Fan)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.