Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Senator Elisha Abbo's Response To A Youth Who Called Him Out For Supporting The - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Elisha Abbo's Response To A Youth Who Called Him Out For Supporting The (307 Views)

Nigeria Needs A Youth Who Demonstrated Progress In Personal Capacity - Imumolen / Senator Elisha Abbo Responds To Video Of Him Assaulting A Nursing Mother / Video Of Senator Elisha Abbo Assaulting A Woman Inside store (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Senator Elisha Abbo's Response To A Youth Who Called Him Out For Supporting The by equity1(m): 11:13am On Nov 23, 2019
Sequel to the recent second reading of the Anti-social Media bill in the senate, Nigerians have taken to the Social Media to express their disapproval of the bill.

The massive outrage has seen lots of influencers and Celebrity posting with hashtags and signing petitions to put an end to the controversial bill.

However, at the center of the conversation has been the controversial Senator representing Adamawa North senatorial district, Elisha Ishaku Abbo who is one of the few legislators who have come out openly to support the bill.

Nevertheless, a Twitter User with handle @VillageParraot on Friday created a thread containing a list of all the senators contacts encouraging people to contact them to show their disapproval of the bill. One of those who seized this opportunity to speak to the Senator representing his constituency was Desmond Stephen from Adamawa North being represented by Senator Elisha Abbo.

Desmond Stephen wrote in an email: “#SayNoToSocialMediaBill You are in Parliament to represent us. You are in parliament to legislate on progressive policies per health, education, infrastructural development and job creation. Not to stifle criticisms.”

“With all due respect your excellency, kindly consider the implications of your actions for supporting the Social Media Bill. I’m worried you are trending on twitter again for the second time, and all for the wrong reasons.”

Elisha Abbo however responded with a mail saying; “Do you have a copy of the bill? Have you read the Social Media Bill? If yes, what clause are you opposing? If you have no copy of the bill and so you didn’t read one, what are you opposing?”

“See my brother, we can’t all be stupid all at once. Those opposing the bill didn’t see it but opposing it because Social Media was mentioned.”

“My other question to you, are you happy with the way Social Media is going unregulated and filled with fake news, slander, fake accounts? If you’re happy can you please organize the “Social Media activists to also scrap BON, or government should regulate the formal media and let the informal media do what they want? Sir, I support the bill to the end.”
Re: Senator Elisha Abbo's Response To A Youth Who Called Him Out For Supporting The by equity1(m): 11:19am On Nov 23, 2019
I think the content of the bill should be made available to the public. This would enable people scrutinize the bill . However, whatever the content would be, I think death sentence is not proper.

(1) (Reply)

Tension At INEC Headquarters As Security Operatives Deny Dino Melaye Entrance / Why We Can’t Initiate Death Penalty Bill For Looters – Nigerian Senate Explains / Buhari, Oshiomhole, APC State Chairmen Commence Meeting In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.