Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) (5096 Views)

U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss, Allen Onyeama / Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss / Reps Threaten Onyeama, Lawmakers Invite Allen Onyema, Air Peace Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by Wisdomkosi(m): 12:27pm On Nov 23, 2019
BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(Photos)

A United States of America court has ordered for the arrest of CEO of Airpeace, Allen Onyema, for alleged money laundering and bank fraud.

According to document seen by Igbere TV, the warrant was signed by Justin Anand, an American magistrate of the United States District Court of the Northern District of Georgia, on November 19. The warrant authorised U.S. Marshals Service to take Mr Onyema into custody.

Igbere TV learnt that Onyema was last seen at Transcorp Hilton in Abuja on Thursday.

Mr Onyema was indicted on Friday for allegedly laundering suspicious funds in excess of $20 million dollars in the U.S. Ejiroghene Eghagha, Air Peace’s head of finance and administration, was also indicted and an arrest warrant issued equally against him.

The two Nigerian business executives were accused of conniving to commit money laundering and bank fraud for several years. The U.S. Department of Justice made the allegations public on Friday, but did not mention that an arrest warrant had been issued for Messrs Onyema and Eghagha.

According to statement obtained by Igbere TV, Mr Onyema used several non-commercial entities he registered to conduct commercial businesses in the United States.

The allegations also included how Mr Onyema facilitated fraudulent letters of credit to American banks to procure aircraft, equipment and luxury goods.

About $14 million traced to his bank accounts in the U.S. and Canada have been frozen as federal authorities pursue a final forfeiture order.

The seizure came after extensive investigation of how Mr Onyema allegedly conducted the fraud between 2010 and 2018.

Mr Onyema’s case comes as U.S. authorities are recording back-to-back successes in their clampdown on Nigerians suspected of fraudulent activities there.

However, in a statement made available to Igbere TV on Saturday, Onyema denied the allegations.

He described the charges as “strange” and “unfounded.”

The statement said both Onyema and Eghagha have built a reputation of honesty and integrity and will look forward to fighting the charges against them in court.

Stay with Igbere TV. Africa's No1 Community TV.

Document credit : Premium Times
Source : http://igberetvnews.com/1157110/breaking-court-orders-arrest-air-peace-boss-allen-onyeamaphotos/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by madridguy(m): 12:33pm On Nov 23, 2019
This is not a good news. I wish there's something our president could do to help Dr. Allen Onyema.

I hope some day African leaders will grow balls to challenge the self acclaimed world police. Do i blame them? No, i blame our dead brain leaders with nothing upstairs...Since the Western powers knew we cannot do without them hence they throw jabbing at us anytime anyhow.

The havoc they caused in Libya till today no African leader has the gut to challenge them or issue arrest warrant.
They came to our land to kill our fathers, mothers, sister and even called us shitholes.

Africa we need to unite.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by Ezewuzie01: 12:35pm On Nov 23, 2019
This is getting serious. Allen Onyema should start spilling the beans now and naming all those he is fronting for.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by IamR: 12:39pm On Nov 23, 2019
It is getting messy. We are watching from here.
Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by SalamRushdie: 12:40pm On Nov 23, 2019
Damn this is really messy , like I said on the other thread the Americans don't joke with money laundering because of the potential damage laundered money can do to them , it will better to be a bank robber in America than try to launder money in their because there is nothing Americans fear than laundered money getting into the hands of sleeper Terrorist cells within the US like it happened in 911. Trust even the American President has been briefed on this case , the secretary of Homeland security has an interest in it , the FBI has its own interest , the DEA also its own interest .
The Americans are going want to make sure first that not a single dime from Onyeamas laundered 20 million dollars found its way to hands

1. Any plot to undermine the US economy
2 . Any plot undermine the security of American
3. Any plot to fuel the drug trade
4. Any plot to use American economy as warehouse of funds of corrupt origins .
5 . Any plot to undermine the economy or security of any of Americas allies .
6. Any plot to conduct any form of Terrorism against any of Americas allies .

To be factual Onyeama is guilty of breaching their anti money laundering laws and the choice he has is not claiming no wrong doing but proving to the Americans that his actions was not carried out in bad faith against the economy and security of the American state but as a result of inexperience in international finance which if proven can get him a lighter penalty either in conviction, fines or forfeiture.

The implication of this case against Onyeama are not as light as some of us want to believe , see below some:

1 . He could be charged for funding Terrorism if a single dime from that money he transfered mistakenly finds it way to the hands of a terrorist.

2 .he could be charged for breaching US anti drug laws if a single dime is traced to any drug dealer even by mistake.

3. He could be charged with bringing corrupt money into the US if a single dime is traced to any politically corrupt money anywhere.

4 . AIR PEACE will hence forth find it hard to pay for it's aircrafts parts in the us as well as buy new planes because it's letters of credit will not be honored .

5 . He can forget his pending aircraft orders with Boeing and Embraer as this will not happen for now because the Americans now own both Boeing and Embraer.

Like someone said below the best thing for him to do is get on the plane to America to clear his name because becoming an American Fugitive is not easy at all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by SilentRiddles: 12:41pm On Nov 23, 2019
I hope this doesn't affect AirPeace, its staff and Nigerian economy.
Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by Ezewuzie01: 12:49pm On Nov 23, 2019
Interpol will be notified and Nigeria may have to arrest and deport him. He will be handcuffed before the press and flown to America in economy class. But he can save himself all that embarrassment by flying himself to America to FBI office and surrendering willingly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by Africonji: 12:51pm On Nov 23, 2019
This is getting serious. Dr. Allen Onyema should step down from his position at Air Peace until he clear his name, so as to save what is left of the brand. The board of directors should release a statement separating Allen from the brand. The airline must not be allowed to die over this scandal.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by Beremx(f): 12:52pm On Nov 23, 2019
What has Joe Igbokwe got to say in this matter because I am very angry
Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by powerhouse3(m): 12:58pm On Nov 23, 2019
You ,Mr Allen promise to clear your name,and the time to clear your name is now ....

Its obvious that Nigeria and Africa can't fight corruption due to its peoples affiliate with tribe and religion,..so if organized society with minimal corrupt official want to do the job for African people so be it.....
Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by seborrhic: 1:00pm On Nov 23, 2019
That his cheap denial won't take him anywhere.
That an arrest warrant has been issued even shows there may even be more damning facts than the officially released indictment notice issued to the public.
In Nigerian parlance,"this one own don done".
I wish the American crime agencies would take over the investigation of all financial and bank fraud cases including investigation of overnight billionaires in Nigeria.
I doubt 1% would be found clean.
Onyeama is just unfortunate to be one of the very few to be caught in this everyday scams and schemes celebrated rich people in Nigeria indulge in

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by johnmartus(m): 1:07pm On Nov 23, 2019
This country just tired me . Its shall never well with the person that introduced corruption to Nigeria government . This Onyema case weake me.
Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by seunmsg(m): 1:11pm On Nov 23, 2019
He should go to the US and clear his name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by solmusdesigns: 1:15pm On Nov 23, 2019
cool

ibos getting emotional all again, thank God the judge in US isnt an Afonja.. if not they would blame us till 2023

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by Godsfavour78: 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2019
Sblc monetizer I hail oh. Only og go understand.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by TheTourist: 1:18pm On Nov 23, 2019
LOBATAN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by Area4Area: 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2019
Beremx:
Why waiting on Joe Igbokwe, is he an American.
You said you're angry just as I am but why wanting to know the opinion of another person?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by Kendumazy(m): 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2019
Mheen!
Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by Johans1991: 1:50pm On Nov 23, 2019
Where are the nyamiri that are clapping for America and Trump. This is the time to call Trump for help.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by WildChild00(m): 2:00pm On Nov 23, 2019
I thought Air peace is owned by the former Rivers State Governor Chief Peter Odili, and the current ceo was acting as a front.
Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by ImmaculateJOE(m): 2:22pm On Nov 23, 2019
Another Food don done for bloggers and tribal bigots.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by jahsharon: 5:18pm On Nov 23, 2019
WildChild00:
I thought Air peace is owned by the former Rivers State Governor Chief Peter Odili, and the current ceo was acting as a front.

Yes, you are right.
Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by jahsharon: 5:20pm On Nov 23, 2019
Area4Area:
Why waiting on Joe Igbokwe, is he an American.
You said you're angry just as I am but why wanting to know the opinion of another person?

Air Peace disgrace Joe Igbokwe some days ago. That is why that guy is waiting for Joe Igbokwe reaction on this.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by jahsharon: 5:27pm On Nov 23, 2019
USA is mad. USA is angry because Mr Allen Onyema bought planes with the money instead of keeping in USA for USA to develop their land of drug addicts and homosexuals.

USA should return the billions that several of our evil politicians are keeping in US banks, useless United State of Animals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by 6Milk(m): 5:33pm On Nov 23, 2019
Why is the EFCC not jumping on the man?

I guess you know the answer already
Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by Bola146(f): 5:34pm On Nov 23, 2019
Ha... Na wa ooo, who do we trust again I pray that he is innocent lipsrsealed
Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by WildChild00(m): 6:27pm On Nov 23, 2019
jahsharon:

Yes, you are right.

Because when Peter Odili was governor of Rivers State, he was diverting monies buying airlines for possible air line company like air peace.
Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by Afamed: 6:33pm On Nov 23, 2019
Beremx:
When has Igbokwe become the FBI spokeman or he is now the new FBI director?
Re: BREAKING!!! Court Orders Arrest Of Air Peace Boss , Allen Onyeama(photos) by Flexherbal(m): 10:18am On Nov 24, 2019
Following...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Endsars: Situation At Berger Bus Stop. All BRT Bus Totally Burnt Down / Nnamdi KANU Establish Eastern Security Network Biafra - Photo / SDP's Adewole Adebayo Discusses How He Plans To "Fix Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.