Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,660 members, 7,816,691 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page (63974 Views)

Nigerian Lady Hit By Lebanese Man Driving Against Traffic In Lagos Dies / Lagos Traffic In The 60s Vs Today (Photos) / Man Drives Against Traffic In Abuja, Soldier Catches Him, Orders Him To Stand On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by Bluffly: 9:04pm On Nov 23, 2019
0monnak0da:
There is no traffic problem in London,New York, Tokyo
Because they were built pedestrian friendly unlike our unplanned environs. There are trams and alternative intra city transport where you don't have to drive a car.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by adecz: 9:06pm On Nov 23, 2019
Obasanjo's military regime!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by 0monnak0da: 9:25pm On Nov 23, 2019
Bluffly:

Because they were built pedestrian friendly unlike our unplanned environs. There are trams and alternative intra city transport where you don't have to drive a car.
I do not think we are on the same page, we are not communicating
Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 23, 2019
priceaction:

The soap that will finish to the last drop but the label remains
u too sabi

Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by maasoap(m): 9:31pm On Nov 23, 2019
chii8:
No be today ooo

How many of una use imperial leather take bath?

A Nairalander made a post about this forgotten soap early this year or last year, na so I went market to locate this soap. Since then, I had been using it.
Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by Angy55(f): 9:32pm On Nov 23, 2019
maasoap:

A Nairalander made a post about this forgotten soap early this year or last year, na so I went market to locate this soap. Since then, I had been using it.

Thank you for using imperial leather soap. grin
Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by maasoap(m): 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2019
GeneralShepherd:
Lagos still experiences the same problem that has been identified over 41 years ago. Keep believing that Nigeria will flourish again .

1. Still no reliable rail network
2. Same road networks in a worse state
3. No plan to decongest Lagos by developing other cities

This can be said about the whole country, backward ever. #rantover

The future is bleak
Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by Mac2016(m): 9:43pm On Nov 23, 2019
Before traffic!

Una never see anything

Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 23, 2019
DexterousOne:

Making Lagos ports more efficient will fix the gridlock
And insist that they only move during restricted hours of the day

That will make those trucks stop packing on the road

And will fix the traffic

The other ports can't take much of the traffic either
And gulf of guinea is another issue undecided

Other ports can easily take away the Lagos traffic horror which is worse in the whole world. We other ports were opened, Lagos wasn't experiencing this current level of traffic gridlock. Easterners never came to Lagos to buy cars, they did so in Rivers state. Onitsha, Enugu and AriaAria market in Aba beer came to Lagos to clear their goods, t was all cleared in the ports in rivers state.

Easterners never bought used Okrika clothes in Lagos, they did so in Okrika river port in river state.

Only opening other seaports n river ports will save Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 23, 2019
OrestesDante:

angry angry angry

I can't stay in Ebonyi never... cool cool

How can u discuss Ebonyi wen u never step foot there grin
Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 23, 2019
Officialgarri:
In China, there are 8 and 16 lanes highway, yet they have traffic congestion.

If one could attribute traffic congestion to bad governance only, such person might die of wailing

Pls don't ever compare Lagos traffic gridlock n Shanghai traffic gridlock pls.
Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2019
0monnak0da:
There is no traffic problem in London,New York, Tokyo

There is.

But their traffic gridlock is just 3% of the one happening in Lagos. From igandu to mandalas market can take 4 hours 30 minutes on a good day.....This is the time it takes to travel from enugu to abuja
Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by 0monnak0da: 9:55pm On Nov 23, 2019
PrecisionFx:

There is.

But their traffic gridlock is just 3% of the one happening in Lagos. From igandu to mandalas market can take 4 hours 30 minutes on a good day.....This is the time it takes to travel from enugu to abuja
I no know book
Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by Officialgarri: 10:11pm On Nov 23, 2019
tot:

It's only the negative sides of other countries you deem fit to compare. Why not compare the manufacturing and technological strength of these countries? Rubbish.

Always giving excuses for their suffering. Idiots.

Bigger idiots should know what we are talking about here is traffic, not manufacturing or technology.
Kindly stick to the topic
Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 23, 2019
-

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by tot(f): 10:49pm On Nov 23, 2019
Officialgarri:

Bigger idiots should know what we are talking about here is traffic, not manufacturing or technology.
Kindly stick to the topic

Oh shush, your idiotic comments litter the whole forum.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by DexterousOne(m): 10:51pm On Nov 23, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Other ports can easily take away the Lagos traffic horror which is worse in the whole world. We other ports were opened, Lagos wasn't experiencing this current level of traffic gridlock. Easterners never came to Lagos to buy cars, they did so in Rivers state. Onitsha, Enugu and AriaAria market in Aba beer came to Lagos to clear their goods, t was all cleared in the ports in rivers state.

Easterners never bought used Okrika clothes in Lagos, they did so in Okrika river port in river state.

Only opening other seaports n river ports will save Lagos

Were the other ports closed?

That is put under lock and key?

And eastern people are not the only ones using Lagos port
So what is the emphasis on "easterners"
Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by cerpvad(m): 11:28pm On Nov 23, 2019
Hmmm.. Look at the advert of that soap, imperial Leather, my dad's favorite soap back in the days. Is that soap still in production?
Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by Marvin5995: 11:32pm On Nov 23, 2019
So cussion product is the long
Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by amamahdaniel(m): 11:34pm On Nov 23, 2019
Nairaland please vote for me as The Best AHOC OF THE YEAR.
My name is AMAMAH. FOLLOW THE LINK AND VOTE FOR ME. GOD will do something GREAT in ur life before this year end. AMEN.

https://headply.com/wd2ba/
Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by majamajic(m): 11:36pm On Nov 23, 2019
sanwo olu will solve Lagos traffic soon , my concern is about those selling at traffic
Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by tollyboy5(m): 11:45pm On Nov 23, 2019
Officialgarri:

If one could attribute traffic congestion to bad governance only, such person might die of wailing

Just look at yourself and read your statement . 8-16 lanes! and there is still traffic but mention how many 8-16 lanes we have in Lagos, undecided China has fast train now tell me which one Lagos has? undecided don't tell about the blue rail along mile2 dats my area, with the abadone ten lane people like you come hear to praise government about wen the real people living there are wailing. I don't know who paying you to do this but stop all this ignorance
Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by webngnews: 11:59pm On Nov 23, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by BravoDe: 12:47am On Nov 24, 2019
Teewhy2:
Good Ebening,
This is when we should have curb traffic since buildings are not as much as it is today with proper planning and take advantage of more rail network and proper use of water ways.
It is better late than never.

Lol @ Good ebening
Emery don shenk baba
Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by budaatum: 1:05am On Nov 24, 2019
GeneralShepherd:
Lagos still experiences the same problem that has been identified over 41 years ago. Keep believing that Nigeria will flourish again .

1. Still no reliable rail network
2. Same road networks in a worse state
3. No plan to decongest Lagos by developing other cities

This can be said about the whole country, backward ever. #rantover
I have hope the next generation will build on whatever we leave for them just as we have built or not built on what our parents left us. (Though I say, built, as we have really come a very long way since then when there was less than 72 million of us).

People need to understand historical dents have lingering consequences, and your offspring will be more capable because of you.

Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by Judybash93(m): 1:40am On Nov 24, 2019
Officialgarri:

Well, at present, the issue of traffic congestion in China has been managed in such a way that things are now flowing well in most of the most populous cities. Now, your plate number determines the day you can drive, if not, you'll have to use public transport. That has taken off a shitload of cars off the road and has also been successful in minimizing a pollution to an extent.
At least, they're trying

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by whirlwind7(m): 2:44am On Nov 24, 2019
Officialgarri:

Those 8 and 16 lane highways, do they also have huge potholes and craters like Nigerian roads?
Bad road is the major cause of traffic jam in Nigeria.
Who constructs or fixes the bad roads in Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by Glory1978: 6:53am On Nov 24, 2019
Nigeria government should try and fix the roads first then we will be able to access the issue of traffic
Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by 0monnak0da: 6:59am On Nov 24, 2019
LikeCool:
I hope this is not an excuse to justify Lagos situation. Lagos state is over populated and records high traffic jams due to the structure of Nigeria economy.

Why must every ship coming into the country be offloaded at Lagos ports? Cross river and delta states has larger coastal land than Lagos respectively.

But some people, due to their selfish interests, wants to monopolize everything to be in Lagos.
Every ship coming into Nigeria is NOT unloaded in Lagos and there is no evidence of any connection between that the Port and traffic. There are dozens of countries with only one Port and there are many smaller countries with Ports several times busier than Lagos Ports e,g Rotterdam, Antwerp which are the LARGEST PORTS in Europe and among the smallest countries in Europe

There are very serious traffic problems in Port Harcourt

The traffic situation in Lagos has been around since the 70s in fact arguably it is better now because there are more roads. e.g the Lagos Ibaban Motorway was completed in the Late 70s

At one point in the 70s they decided that you had
ODD and EVEN number days when cars with odd or even registration numbers could move

The Traffic situation is linked to the lack of a viable mass transit transport solution,infrastructure deficit and overpopulation

As far as the ports are concerned
Even if we have 6 more ports in Nigeria the fact is that the actuall

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by 0monnak0da: 7:03am On Nov 24, 2019
Judybash93:

Well, at present, the issue of traffic congestion in China has been managed in such a way that things are now flowing well in most of the most populous cities. Now, your plate number determines the day you can drive, if not, you'll have to use public transport. That has taken off a shitload of cars off the road and has also been successful in minimizing a pollution to an extent.
At least, they're trying

"Things are now flowing well"

A vague nebulous and meaningless statement, in short "NONSENSE"

Have you ever driven a car in Shanghai or London?

Please do not talk ignorantly.

Traffic congestion and air pollution are serious problems in those places
Re: Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page by 77up(m): 7:34am On Nov 24, 2019
People are actually talking about traffic but I see something else on that paper .

28 teachers laid off.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is This Really Nigeria? If Yes Pls Which Part Of The Country?m Wondering(photo) / A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic / High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.