Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,475 members, 7,836,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

My Friend Is Being Unjustly Remanded In Ilesha Prison. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Friend Is Being Unjustly Remanded In Ilesha Prison. (981 Views)

Lady Burnt In Ilesha, Osun For 'Stealing Manhood' Was Mentally Ill - Sister / 3 Policemen Drinking Alcohol During Work Hours at a hotel in Ilesha, Osun State / Teenage Girl Who Stabbed Boyfriend To Death In Lagos Remanded In Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Is Being Unjustly Remanded In Ilesha Prison. by micellgevity: 8:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
Few months back, my friend was remanded in Ilesha prison for a crime he didn't commit. He used to work with one major hard drinks distributor in Ilesha as a salesperson until the manager was sacked and he was asked to assume the position of the manager. He rejected the offer but the management insisted. Since he had no other job, he reluctantly obliged. The company had no proper record keeping and the way the organization was being run was below the standard. My friend saw this, and called the management's attention to it. He was trying to put things in shape before he was accused of embezzlement and taken to remand. If he actually embezzled their money, he would have used part of it to get a lawyer to defend himself. Somebody that could not afford a lawyer fee. On getting to the police station when the case freshly began, the police said "eyin tun ni." Meaning "it is you again." This expression means remanding their employees has become their style. I don't know why a (family) company will be remanding the defenseless employees. After spending close to three weeks in remand, one lawyer stood for him on the promise that he would pay him after his freedom. Up to now he is still struggling to pay the lawyer before the adjourned date. Fast forward... He appeared in court on the 23rd of October and the judge adjourned again till the 30th of the same month. This was the last time I heard from him. He has been remanded again. If not for the demise of his brother, he had no business working with the company in the first place. He joined the company after the demise of his brother, who died two weeks before going back to Australia. Iku ma b'olaje o. Death is a bitch.
Pls push this to the front page, may be human right lawyers from Osun will see it and help. Pls help us.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Supermod
Ishilove
Re: My Friend Is Being Unjustly Remanded In Ilesha Prison. by micellgevity: 8:58pm On Nov 23, 2019
I don't know whether this is the right section to post it. Pls, help us push it to the front page.
Re: My Friend Is Being Unjustly Remanded In Ilesha Prison. by Jabioro: 9:26pm On Nov 23, 2019
The court might have grant bail to your friend,ask the lawyer about his bail condition,look for surety,you too can stand inn for him..the offence according to your presentation here is bailable..bail him ,he can from his house be going to court..If the people that charged him to court doesn't have enough evidence to nail him you and your friend can returned charge..them for malicious ..the lawyers know better..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Unjustly Remanded In Ilesha Prison. by Asquare84(m): 9:32pm On Nov 23, 2019
micellgevity:
Few months back, my friend was remanded in Ilesha prison for a crime he didn't commit. He used to work with one major hard drinks distributor in Ilesha as a salesperson until the manager was sacked and he was asked to assume the position of the manager. He rejected the offer but the management insisted. Since he had no other job, he reluctantly obliged. The company had no proper record keeping and the way the organization was being run was below the standard. My friend saw this, and called the management's attention to it. He was trying to put things in shape before he was accused of embezzlement and taken to remand. If he actually embezzled their money, he would have used part of it to get a lawyer to defend himself. Somebody that could not afford a lawyer fee. On getting to the police station when the case freshly began, the police said "eyin tun ni." Meaning "it is you again." This expression means remanding their employees has become their style. I don't know why a (family) company will be remanding the defenseless employees. After spending close to three weeks in remand, one lawyer stood for him on the promise that he would pay him after his freedom. Up to now he is still struggling to pay the lawyer before the adjourned date. Fast forward... He appeared in court on the 23rd of October and the judge adjourned again till the 30th of the same month. This was the last time I heard from him. He has been remanded again. If not for the demise of his brother, he had no business working with the company in the first place. He joined the company after the demise of his brother, who died two weeks before going back to Australia. Iku ma b'olaje o. Death is a bitch.
Pls push this to the front page, may be human right lawyers from Osun will see it and help. Pls help us.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Supermod
Ishilove

Try and visit a pastor for prayers, there is nothing prayer can't solve. My kobo cent advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Unjustly Remanded In Ilesha Prison. by micellgevity: 10:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
Asquare84:

Try and visit a pastor for prayers, there is nothing prayer can't solve. My kobo cent advice
My friend is a Church guy. Always praying and fasting.
Re: My Friend Is Being Unjustly Remanded In Ilesha Prison. by Pat081: 8:53am On Nov 24, 2019
micellgevity:

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Supermod
Ishilove
Go to ministry Of justice in osogbo ask for public defender or DPP office they are going to help you free no need to pay just make sure that you are telling them the truth so that you will not go dia to met your friend in cell

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Unjustly Remanded In Ilesha Prison. by micellgevity: 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2019
Pat081:
Go to ministry Of justice in osogbo ask for public defender or DPP office they are going to help you free no need to pay just make sure that you are telling them the truth so that you will not go dia to met your friend in cell
OK, thanks. But I am telling you the truth.
Re: My Friend Is Being Unjustly Remanded In Ilesha Prison. by ifyalways(f): 12:45pm On Nov 24, 2019
What's the company name?
Re: My Friend Is Being Unjustly Remanded In Ilesha Prison. by Pat081: 1:09pm On Nov 24, 2019
micellgevity:
OK, thanks. But I am telling you the truth.
Go to that office and tell them they will help you out
Re: My Friend Is Being Unjustly Remanded In Ilesha Prison. by Florblu(f): 1:19pm On Nov 24, 2019
I guess it's Guinness.

You didn't tell us the time your friend assume the position of MD and the time he was accused of embezzling money.
Do they (company) have any evidence against him?
Re: My Friend Is Being Unjustly Remanded In Ilesha Prison. by DaHrNn0001: 2:23pm On Nov 24, 2019
Provide details of the company and the person in question... The internet is a powerful tool for his freedom is that right details are given and the right people tagged. May God help him
Re: My Friend Is Being Unjustly Remanded In Ilesha Prison. by anonymuz(m): 3:12pm On Nov 24, 2019
Go to ministry of justice, explain everything to them. They will get your friend a fair judgement.
Re: My Friend Is Being Unjustly Remanded In Ilesha Prison. by micellgevity: 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2019
ifyalways:
What's the company name?
Adebambutayo
Re: My Friend Is Being Unjustly Remanded In Ilesha Prison. by micellgevity: 4:45pm On Nov 24, 2019
Florblu:
I guess it's Guinness.

You didn't tell us the time your friend assume the position of MD and the time he was accused of embezzling money.
Do they (company) have any evidence against him?
His stay at the company was less than a year. He started working with them in September 2018, shortly after his rice business folded up because his rice was ceased by the customs. That was when ban on rice importation was just gathering momentum.
Re: My Friend Is Being Unjustly Remanded In Ilesha Prison. by micellgevity: 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2019
DaHrNn0001:
Provide details of the company and the person in question... The internet is a powerful tool for his freedom is that right details are given and the right people tagged. May God help him
His name is Femi Oladayo and the company's name is Adebambutayo, selling all kinds of gins in wholesale. Pls help me tag the right people. I don't know whom to tag that's why I came to Nairaland.

(1) (Reply)

Two Die, Many Injured As Rival Cults Battle For Supremacy, Loot Shops In Lagos / ICYMI: Inside The Den Where LASU Student Was Killed For Rituals / Maryam Sanda Murdered Her Husband Over Female Nude Picture She Saw On His Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.