Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,364 members, 7,822,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? (14455 Views)

Pensioners, Teachers, Market Women Want Obaseki For Another Term - Group / INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Wearing An APC Campaign Cap With Broom Design / Court Orders Arrest Of Mahmood Yakubu, INEC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by franchasng: 3:39pm On Nov 24, 2019
Credobee:
Our electoral journey with inec has been one not lacking in intrigues......
From Ephraim Akpata
To Abel Guobadia
To Maurice Iwu
To Attahiru Jega
To Mahmud yakubu
We made some gains with Jega but
All gains of inec under Jega seems lost as
This current inec seems to be a mission to
Take us back to the Maurice Iwu era
Jega was not better, the credit of good electoral processes during Jega's era should go to Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

Mahumud Yakubu could have performed better if he was working under a sensible, fair President, so blame Buhari and not Mahmud.

In Nigeria, the President decides if the elections will be free and fair or not, not even the INEC Chairperson.

Until Nigeria implement full electronic voting using BVN, and other strong biometric process mixed with centralized electronic database, Nigeria's election will continue to be a joke

2 Likes

Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by mukthar2000(m): 3:46pm On Nov 24, 2019
GOD FORBID, for this corrupted man to serve another term, we rather send him witchcraft to kill the idiot.

Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by Awoleesu(m): 3:47pm On Nov 24, 2019
Credobee:
From Ephraim Akpata
To Abel Guobadia
To Maurice Iwu
To Attahiru Jega
To Mahmud yakubu
Take us back to the Maurice Iwu Dagogo Jack era
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by Awoleesu(m): 3:57pm On Nov 24, 2019
Mahmud's appointment only goes on to stress the parochial nature of President Buhari...

Even Abacha was smart enough to appoint an electoral umpire from a distant ethnic group from his...

Abdulsalami appointed Akpata,
Obasanjo Appointed Iwu *
Jonathan appointed Jega...

Perhaps OBJ, it was that appointed a fellow southerener to supervise an election he did participate in...

It's not as if I appreciate the ethnic dichotomies bedevilling our national politics, but the sensitivity of previous Presidents / Heads of State to our ways of perception to issues bordering on mistrust among the ethnic groups in the country is one thing lacking starkly in the Buhari administration.
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by webngnews: 3:59pm On Nov 24, 2019
Oh
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by Credobee(m): 4:01pm On Nov 24, 2019
[quote author=Awoleesu post=84324833][/quote]
Dagogo Jack's electoral body was not inec
He headed NECON
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by hush15: 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2019
Credobee:
From Ephraim Akpata
To Abel Guobadia
To Maurice Iwu
To Attahiru Jega
To Mahmud yakubu
Take us back to the Maurice Iwu era

Why shouldn't he go one more round? I need him to hasten Nigeria's revolution...
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by Charly68: 4:07pm On Nov 24, 2019
I love this prof ,I beg continue your good work oo,nobody can please Nigeria politicians
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by Kingspin(m): 4:12pm On Nov 24, 2019
Even the devil has forbid it.

We thought after 2015 that INEc would have moved further
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by jaxxy(m): 4:15pm On Nov 24, 2019
Yes why not when he conducted the worst and most disgraceful election in our history. From osun rerun, Kanu rerun, Presidential elections, government influence was overwhelming and everywhere so yes he shud be rewarded to a good service to his paymaster if nothing else.
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by Awoleesu(m): 4:21pm On Nov 24, 2019
Credobee:

Dagogo Jack's electoral body was not inec
He headed NECON
I know.
The context here is to connote how the electoral umpire does the explicit dictates of the President!
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by West2019(m): 4:23pm On Nov 24, 2019
never
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 24, 2019
fredoooooo:

Alaye park well. Stick to your guns leave me with mine undecided

Tah who goes you comot hia
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by umurphy: 4:28pm On Nov 24, 2019
The prof is a disaster to our democracy. Having another term with Him will end Nigeria Democratic leadership. Military will be angry and take over power.
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by mzBEAM(f): 4:28pm On Nov 24, 2019
fredoooooo:

Alaye park well. Stick to your guns leave me with mine undecided

Just imagine the rubbish you're saying. I pity you.
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by RealityShot: 4:43pm On Nov 24, 2019
No
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by surgical: 4:47pm On Nov 24, 2019
smogup:
Only APC media warriors will agree that he deserves another term.

By the way, the performance of any INEC chairman is dependent on the body language of the president.

Buhari is not committed to free and fair elections in Nigeria so there is little or nothing Mahmood Yakubu can do in that regard. I'm in no way exulnerating him, he is also a big failure.

Nigeria should first get a president that is committed to free and fair elections irrespective of party loyalty.
Jega or any other INEC chairman will still fail successfully under a president like buhari.
How can you say so,but buhari is the father of integrity,he will not support corruption in our electoral process,it must be the work of the opposition
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by Classyprecious(f): 6:05pm On Nov 24, 2019
You have said it all sir.

adioolayi:
It's not about the INEC Chairman... it's about INEC as an institution... The institution lacks required law that can take us to another level. ...in order words, we need very good electoral reform.
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by vineyardfarms: 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2019
HONESTLY I WILL NOT EMPLOY MAMOOD YAKUBU AS MY HOUSE HELP - HE WILL TEAM UP TO POISON ME NOR AS CARETAKERM FOR HE WILL TAKE OVER NOR AS A DRIVER BECAUSE HE WILL SELL ME TO KIDNAPPERS NOR AS A FRIEND, HE WILL BETRAY AS JUDAS BEAUSE HE HAS NO HEART, SELF CENTRED.
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by nakaman: 6:14pm On Nov 24, 2019
the day an election was cancelled 12hrs to Dday, I concluded that Inec chairman was useless.. 4yrs to conduct an election, he messed it up, a whole 4 yrs

1 Like

Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by Olumeme: 6:55pm On Nov 24, 2019
He will get it
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 24, 2019
Deserves immediate sack.
A corrupt clown.
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by BeStroNG(m): 7:15pm On Nov 24, 2019
Even if he goes, it's another northerner that will still emerge and will definitely work for the North. No need.
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by Thunday1005(m): 7:34pm On Nov 24, 2019
Incompetent
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by paix(m): 8:13pm On Nov 24, 2019
He has to come back cos the APC would need him badly for the 2023 general election. APC has already annexed the judiciary and the NASS.
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by kolmart: 9:22pm On Nov 24, 2019
The inconclusive INEC chairman doesnt deserve a single day more on that chair
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by snitchbitch: 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2019
that decision is INCONCLUSIVE!!
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by israelmao(m): 10:24pm On Nov 24, 2019
This guy is a heap of mess.
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by Uzorgod(m): 11:13pm On Nov 24, 2019
Inconclusive manhood grin
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by F117nighthawk: 11:31pm On Nov 24, 2019
The dullard does even deserve one more day in office after expiration of this first tenure. The man is a total failure
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by luggy(m): 5:48am On Nov 25, 2019
inec compromise to apc.....no need of him coming back
Re: Does Mahmood Yakubu Deserve Another Term Of Five Years As INEC Chairman? by Kiloseria: 7:06am On Nov 25, 2019
In my opinion, capital NO!! Let's use BVN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

March 9: Steer clear of Niger Delta - PDP cautious Buhari, APC / Governor Ugwuanyi Imposes 24-hour Curfew In Enugu Metropolis / Makinde Blames Oyo Security Challenges On Population Increase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.