Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Pope Has Finally Supports The Use Of Condom By Catholics. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Has Finally Supports The Use Of Condom By Catholics. (668 Views)

Church Members Scramble For Holy Condom Blessed By Pastor In Kenya (photo) / The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Has Finally Supports The Use Of Condom By Catholics. by Digriz(m): 7:58pm On Nov 21, 2010
The issue of using condom as a means of preventing the spread of hiv/Aids has finally given a boost by the Pope after decades of deliberation on it. The church stand against it is that legalizing d usage wl gv rise to immorality and thus more spread of d virus bt regards abstinence as the best method of preventing immorality and d spread of hiv and stds.
I am happy wt ths change and we all knws that many catholics world over are breaking the rule and so made it insignificant.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11804943
Re: Pope Has Finally Supports The Use Of Condom By Catholics. by Digriz(m): 8:20pm On Nov 21, 2010
The moral angle of it concerning contraception is biblical in the old testament,i cnt remember d quotation bt i knw there's a place that God condemns d spill of semen especially mastubation whch condoms do d same.
So,if d church condemns that, hw then cn a married man control conception since he has to choose btween withdrawal method and use of condom if d wife doesn't like pills.
The world is changing and i think some certain doctrine of d church shuld always amended.
Re: Pope Has Finally Supports The Use Of Condom By Catholics. by frprof(m): 9:58pm On Nov 21, 2010
Come on! read ur source again and stop propagatiing what is not the case. How could u be so attracted by a caption given by those who really want kill the dog and decide to give it a bad name first? The Pope never APROVED THE USE OF CONDOMS. The Catholic Church CANNOT equivocating as you expect. Whatch it before you land yourself in a deep shit
Re: Pope Has Finally Supports The Use Of Condom By Catholics. by Tudor6(f): 10:05pm On Nov 21, 2010
Why exactly does the RCC oppose condoms?
Re: Pope Has Finally Supports The Use Of Condom By Catholics. by frprof(m): 11:01pm On Nov 21, 2010
Tudór:

Why exactly does the RCC oppose condoms?
Good question! What, if you wouldnt mind, is the primary goal of sex? Pleasure? Or procreation? I tell you, it is not to be used as a pleasure tool without the readiness to accepting the divine consequenses. Take it or leave it, condom (of course contraceptions) lays aside the later. That is one of the reasons for its prohibition even in marriage.
Re: Pope Has Finally Supports The Use Of Condom By Catholics. by Digriz(m): 7:52am On Nov 22, 2010
frprof:

Come on! read your source again and stop propagatiing what is not the case. How could u be so attracted by a caption given by those who really want kill the dog and decide to give it a bad name first? The Pope never APROVED THE USE OF CONDOMS. The Catholic Church CANNOT equivocating as you expect. Whatch it before you land yourself in a deep poo
if he didn't then wat point was he trying to make by accepting the use of it, so condom usage shuld nw be a thing of d mind since u classified it as a sin frm ur own point of view,then who are elligible to make use of it in d RCC.?
frprof:

Good question! What, if you wouldnt mind, is the primary goal of sex? Pleasure? Or procreation? I tell you, it is not to be used as a pleasure tool without the readiness to accepting the divine consequenses. Take it or leave it, condom (of course contraceptions) lays aside the later. That is one of the reasons for its prohibition even in marriage.
sex is for both pleasure and procreation and condom is playing an important part in both,for prevention of STD'S and unwanted pregnancy.

(1) (Reply)

Fullness Of Joy / On The Character And Teaching Of The Bishop - Commentary Excerpt. / Cast All Selfishness Aside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.