Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

My Experience Of Celebration With Nothing Being Celebrated - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Experience Of Celebration With Nothing Being Celebrated (275 Views)

Odufuye Triplets: Adetomi, Remi And Kunmi 40th Birthday Celebration In Pictures / "Are You Sure You Are 24 Or 42?" - Lady Who Celebrated Her 24th Birthday Asked / See How This Guy Celebrated His Birthday (PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Of Celebration With Nothing Being Celebrated by eodavids(m): 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2019
Its a fact that certain Nigerians loves celebration so much that they always want to get into one every now and then.

Considering the economic situation in Nigeria and the cost of partying especially as a host, one must agree that at least, it can be postponed and at best, cancelled.

This month, I have had a sad day, resulting from my towns people's resolve to celebrate the launching of new Set of Dresses (Wrappers and Blouses) by their wives.
So I kept asking those that care to listen: Do People Just Launch new dresses and invite people to come and cerebrate with them? Just like that?

Making matters worse, is the fact that majority of the men whose wives are wearing these new clothes are financial inadequate, to say the least.

Guest were invited to this occasion and many of this guests are people who have managed little resources into a big business outfit. So I kept wondering: WHY DO POOR PEOPLE LIKE TO REMAIN POOR, BY FINDING RESONS TO SPEND ABOVE THEIR MEANS INSTEAD OF GROWING THEIR LITTLE CAPITAL TO SOMETHING WORTHWHILE?

ISN'T THIS THE REASON THE POOR REMAINS POOR AND THE RICH KEEP GETTING RICHER?
Re: My Experience Of Celebration With Nothing Being Celebrated by eodavids(m): 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2019
Financial intelligence is important. Many lack financial intelligence.
Re: My Experience Of Celebration With Nothing Being Celebrated by eodavids(m): 4:59pm On Nov 24, 2019
Many people who are poor today had had opportunity (ies) to have been rich but for the fact they squandered/mismanaged such chances by spending all that the got
Re: My Experience Of Celebration With Nothing Being Celebrated by eodavids(m): 5:05pm On Nov 24, 2019
By financial intelligence, people are to spend part of their incomes on basic necessities, and other tempting expenses will be considered extraneous and avoided.

That way the persons involved saves and invests. That is how riches are acquired, even by a poor/average person.

(1) (Reply)

Africa Asia Pacific Economic Conference 2020 Sydney Australia / Maltina 1000 Smiles Stories With Noble Igwe / Fashion Trends 2020 Shoes Usa Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.