Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Google's History Of Algorithm And Updates - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Google's History Of Algorithm And Updates (682 Views)

PRICE REVIEWED***UPDATED**SAMSUNG, IPHONE AND XIAOMI PHONES SWEET DEAL UPDATES / Get Your Latest News And Updates / All Flagship Devices (CRAZY PRICES) UPDATES LIST (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Google's History Of Algorithm And Updates by millizoo: 6:10pm On Nov 24, 2019
What are Google Algorithms?

Google’s algorithms are a complex system used to retrieve data from its search index and instantly deliver the best possible results for a query. The search engine uses a combination of algorithms and numerous ranking signals to deliver webpages ranked by relevance on its search engine results pages (SERPs).

In its early years, Google only made a handful of updates to its algorithms. Now, Google makes thousands of changes every year.

Most of these updates are so slight that they go completely unnoticed. However, on occasion, the search engine rolls out major algorithmic updates that significantly impact the SERPs such as:

Fred
Intrusive Interstitials Update
Mobilegeddon
RankBrain
Panda
Penguin
Hummingbird
Pigeon
Payday
EMD (Exact Match Domain)
Page Layout Algorithm

October 25, 2019, BERT Update

Google announced the BERT Update, calling it the biggest change to Google search in the past 5 years. Google uses BERT models to better understand search queries. Google said this change impacted both search rankings and featured snippets and BERT (which stands for Bidirectional Encoder Representations from Transformers) will be used on 10 percent of U.S. English searches.

September 24, 2019, Broad Core Algorithm Update

Google’s Danny Sullivan announced via a tweet that a broad core algorithm update would be released within a few hours and it would take a few days to complete rolling out. Google’s guidance was the same as it had been for all other recent core algorithm updates.

June 2, 2019, June 2019 Core Update

On June 2, Google Search Liaison Danny Sullivan tweeted that Google would be releasing a new broad core algorithm update on June 3. The next day, Google confirmed the update was live and would be rolling out to its various data centers over the coming days. As is the case with any broad core algorithm update, Google tells us there is nothing specific to fix because a core update encompasses a broad range of factors.

Source: https://www.nollywoodtimes.com/2019/11/googles-history-of-algorithm-and-updates.html

1 Share

Re: Google's History Of Algorithm And Updates by Eaztzide: 6:13pm On Nov 24, 2019
Really?
FTC

1 Like

Re: Google's History Of Algorithm And Updates by banjicom(m): 7:04pm On Nov 24, 2019
tongue

I remembered it was the google Pigeon update that destroyed one of my sites in 2016. I was getting like 10k unique visitors per day and 300k visitors every months, and one day I just woke up to see everything down from 10k a day to barely 800 visitors.

I swear it wasn't a funny experience, but thank God sha! I am back on track.

(1) (Reply)

Chip Unlock Iphone XR Without Box And Accessories 135000 / Samsung A20s And Huawei Honor 8c / Hp Elitebook 840 G6 Core™ I5-8265u 1.6ghz Quad Core 256gb Ssd 40gb Total Memory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.