Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Please an option to choose Between EDUCATION and CAREER. Your Advice Please - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please an option to choose Between EDUCATION and CAREER. Your Advice Please (318 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Education Officer2 And Higher Instructor In Fgcs? / 7 Industries And Career Fields For Comfortable Living In Nigeria / MSc In UK Versus N183k Job Offer: Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please an option to choose Between EDUCATION and CAREER. Your Advice Please by johnneyking4(m): 6:47pm On Nov 24, 2019
Good day Ladies and gentlemen.
Please I need your advice for a close friends of mine, and I would really appreciate if you can give your advice so that he won't make a mistake.

According to him, he told me he already make mistake many times because of being ignorant and he promise himself never to blame himself for his mistake again but now he is confused and come to a situation whereby he need to choose between his education and work.

He came from a polygamous family; he did grow up living with his father and mother, He live with his grandparents because of a family crisis between his father and wives. He was adopted by his father elder sister when he was 7years old and go back to his grandparents when he was 12years, parents did the little they could to sent him to secondary schools.

He finish his secondary in 2014 but the first mistake he did was not write a jamb that year, he decide to write it coming year because he is not sure if his father his going to finance his education or not.

After that year he wrote jamb 3times without securing any admission due to same financial problems, to cut the long story short.

He end up learning a handwork and he is willing to settle with the work he learn, he need to find money to established himself. Now the problem is, he talk with his father to help him establish and he told him he want him to go to school instead to further his education but he is not sure if his father will truly finance his education.

He really wish is establish himself with the work he is expert with, he see his work as something that make him happy and feel among with others, his boss link him up with someone to work and the person will be offering him 30k every month. But if go for the offer; he might not be able to write jamb and his father might think he is not serious, But his greatest fear was if his father was not truly ready to finance his education.

Please advice my follow NL reader's, should he take the 30k offer and established himself with the money at the end of 6month or more or he should sit down and prepare for jamb his father insist and hope his father is going to provide everything he need in school.

A wrong step can turn a life time regret, please what is your view on this?
Re: Please an option to choose Between EDUCATION and CAREER. Your Advice Please by HELLASJ(m): 9:52pm On Nov 24, 2019
LA LA...THIS SHOULD MAKE FP
Re: Please an option to choose Between EDUCATION and CAREER. Your Advice Please by George28(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2019
Education is key
Since his father is willing to sponsor him, I'll advice him to

Moreover 30k is just a meagre sum
Re: Please an option to choose Between EDUCATION and CAREER. Your Advice Please by johnneyking4(m): 8:13pm On Nov 25, 2019
George28:
Education is key
Since his father is willing to sponsor him, I'll advice him to

Moreover 30k is just a meagre sum

Thanks for your advice...
Education is the key...NOTED
Re: Please an option to choose Between EDUCATION and CAREER. Your Advice Please by KingWarri: 9:27pm On Nov 25, 2019
Well Education used to be the key... Not anymore.

Handiwork pays more these days because after your schooling, you will still need to find money
30k monthly, not bad. I know of graduates receiving 17k monthly.... It's just for him to manage it wisely.... That 30k will surely increase

Thank me later....

Gracias
Re: Please an option to choose Between EDUCATION and CAREER. Your Advice Please by johnneyking4(m): 3:04am On Nov 26, 2019
KingWarri:
Well Education used to be the key... Not anymore.

Handiwork pays more these days because after your schooling, you will still need to find money
30k monthly, not bad. I know of graduates receiving 17k monthly.... It's just for him to manage it wisely.... That 30k will surely increase

Thank me later....

Gracias

Well said sir, Noted..

(1) (Reply)

How To Change/upload A Linkedin Background Photo / Join Today And Be Part Of The Solution To Humanitarian Problems / VACANCIES (updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.