Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Arsenal Fans Are Frustrated And Angry - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Fans Are Frustrated And Angry (335 Views)

Frustrated Arsenal Fan In Abuja With #Emeryout Banner On Car / Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin / EPL: Some Chelsea Fans Are Stupid – Sarri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Fans Are Frustrated And Angry by davidkingsley59(m): 9:22pm On Nov 24, 2019
Arsenal were able to salvage what would have been a totally disappointing outing on Saturday, having drawn 2-2 with Southampton in their Premier League fixture.

Arsenal currently have 18 points from 13 EPL games, a result which falls below previous records in 1994-95 (19), 2012-13 (20), 2014-15 (20) and 2006-07 (22) seasons. 

The seeming lack of improvement has angered many Arsenal fans around the world; most of them threatening to no longer accept this recurring sign of regression.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsStatto/status/1198284824173264897

With due respect and understanding for the growing restlessness among Gunners fans, manager Unia Emery promised to strategize for better results. 

In his words, "My job is to work, analyse and find a solution for how we can improve. I know the key is here to take confidence, to achieve the points, the good performances at home and then to take that away."

In the match against Southampton, Arsenal conceded two goals and were losing 2-1 until a 96th-minute equalizer from Alexandre Lacazette overturned results at the Emirates Stadium. Emery's men, painstakingly, got a point off Saints, a lowly-rated club currently struggling to escape the relegation zone. Southampton recently lost 9-0 at home to Leicester City.

Fox News reported that Arsenal were booed off once again after the disappointing performance. But the question is: "How much longer can the club resist fans demanding for a change?"

Having received huge backlash from the result against Southampton, Emery admitted his team could have done better, considering that Gunners are now winless in their past six matches in all competitions. The club has never had such a poor result since 1998.

Speaking in a post-match interview, Emery, who is under intense pressure to restore their lost glory, said that things need to improve.

"The club are supporting me every day and also I have a responsibility. I know I can do better, I can take more performances with the players and I'm going to try to do that. I understand the supporters. They are now frustrated, disappointed and angry. The players feel the same."

Emery, however, called for full support from Arsenal fans. "The key is here with our supporters. I know that and the players also know that. Our target was to win this evening but above all, to connect. We didn't do that. We lost a very big opportunity and now we will analyse and work on a solution for the next matches."

The Premier League's heavily congested mid-table has Arsenal at the seventh spot before Manchester United's Sunday game against Sheffield United.

Gunners are already 8 points adrift of their UEFA Champions League qualifying places, a terrifying circumstance for many fans who have waited for four consecutive seasons to watch Arsenal play in Europe's biggest club tournament. And this could get worse.

Arsenal could be in danger of playing no European football in the 2020/21 season unless they find a solution out of this quicksand. And Emery may get the ax if the club hierarchy thinks he can't deliver better results with the crop of players at his disposal.

Re: Arsenal Fans Are Frustrated And Angry by Sabby1(m): 9:28pm On Nov 24, 2019
Arsenal and Man Utd matter tire me

Re: Arsenal Fans Are Frustrated And Angry by davidkingsley59(m): 9:35pm On Nov 24, 2019
It's so sad but any other team, even the champions, could suffer same. Tottenham and Manchester United are their, too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Are Frustrated And Angry by Abfinest007(m): 9:55pm On Nov 24, 2019
if your bf or gf is an arsenal fan marry him/hee straight away bcuz if he can support a dying club he/she won't leave even he/she sees u collecting trophy from another person
Re: Arsenal Fans Are Frustrated And Angry by snitchbitch: 10:22pm On Nov 24, 2019
If you want to live longer, don't put arsenal matter for head!! Ever since they reach Champions League final for '05 and then no fit carry cup, since then I don know say village people say follow Arsenal!!

A guy for my street always curse Wenger, I asked him why? He said he spoiled his ticket!!

Still an arsenal fan, but I no longer watch their matches, I just read the scores after the matches,
Up gunners, pride of London
You will smell your yansh this season!!! You ask why? "MOURINHO!!!! " grin

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal / Liverpool Announce Salzburg Forward Minamino as January 1st signee / Super Eagkes Midfielder, Oghenekaro Etebo Joins Getafe From Stoke City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.