Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,597 members, 7,955,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:14 PM

Scents Of Lust - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Scents Of Lust (37955 Views)

Captives Of Lust / Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scents Of Lust by CasNova(m): 8:55pm On Jul 29, 2020
Ireti replied. "That would be totally unfair to her."

"I know. We decided I'd give Deola a copy of the Easter video Bukky made. We brought a copy for her and a copy for you. We watched it at Bukky's house and it's very good."

Steve replied, "That would probably help. Do you know if she's still a dope addict?"

"Tergar told me that she appears to have overcome the addiction and actually looked good."

"I wonder where she was all this time," Ireti said.

"I guess I'll know Friday."

"Does she know about Bukky?" Steve asked.

"Not yet. I'll tell her Friday."

"Bukky, what are you thinking about all of this?" asked Ireti.

"I think it's a challenge we have to face head on. Deola burned a lot of bridges but seems to want to rebuild them, to some degree. I told Tade that I think she will want Vivian back and, if she really is sober, she may want Tade also. She will believe that all her troubles are behind her and will not accept the fact that Tade can raise Vivian better than she can."

Ireti replied, "I think you're probably right. Deola was always self-confident and outgoing. If that old Deola is back, she's going to be trouble. Does she know that you divorced her?"

"Yes. Her parents told her. Tergar said she wasn't surprised."

Steve said, "I'd hope not. She walked off the face of the earth and never looked back for more than two years. The police and the private investigator I hired couldn't find her anywhere. She must have changed her name or was very remote or they would have found her. Well, we can't worry about this until she gives us something to worry about. Maybe she'll surprise us."

Bukky and Tade showered and climbed into bed, without Vivian this time. Neither was in the mood for sex. They decided that Deola needed to be handled carefully and that at some point in the future, Vivian will need to be told about her birth mother.

That time was well down the road, however, when Vivian could understand and make wise decisions about what kind of contact she'd like with her birth mummy. It was too much to ask a child at this point to understand and accept the facts of what really happened.

Bukky and Tade were up early and wished each other a happy Easter party. Both dressed and walked to the kitchen to prepare the appetizers and fried rice relish that Bukky traditionally took to her parents' house. Ireti was already there with hot coffee and a breakfast Danish roll that she'd made.

By common unspoken consent it seemed, Deola was not mentioned. The discussion focused instead on Easter party family traditions. Steve joined the discussion and talked about watching the parades in Philly when he was a child and how much fun his mummy and dad made the holidays for he and his two brothers.

Bukky asked about his parents and brothers. "My parents are getting on in years. They're in good health, thank heavens, and enjoy life on a small farm they have."

Tade put in, "I want to take you to meet them, Bukky. Their farm is along the Epe-Temu. It's a big place."

"My two brothers are married with grown children. Taiwo and Kehinde live near Badagry. Semiu and Alaba live in Ibadan. We try to get together at least once a year at Mummy and Dad's place."

"What about your family, Mummy?"

Ireti replied, "My parents were older than Steve's and they've both passed away. I have one sister. My family is a bit small compared to Steve's. What about yours, Bukky?"

"Our family is large. I have three brothers, Debo, Adebisi and Bade. They're all married with children. I also have an older sister Bose who is married with four children. Altogether, there are thirteen grandchildren so Vivian is going to have lots of playmates this afternoon."

"She will love that," Ireti replied. Tade and Steve nodded.

They all turned to look as Vivian came running down the stairs in her pajamas and into Bukky's arms for a big hug and kiss. "You smell good. Did you use my fragrance again?"

"Yes mummy."

"You should ask for my permission before using it."

Vivian dropped her eyes and quietly said, "Okay. I'm sorry."

"That's fine this time."

"Good morning, sweetheart." Tade leaned over and kissed Vivian on the cheek.

"Good morning. Can I watch the turkey parade?"

Tade said, "It's not on TV yet. You'll need to wait a while. You want to watch Sesame Street?"

"Yes please. Can I have a glass of milk and a cookie?"

"Yes to milk, no to the cookie."

"Oh Daddy, please."

"No. You must have a good breakfast first. How about cereal?"

"Mummy, can I have a cookie?"

"Vivian, you are not going to play that game. If daddy says 'no' the answer is 'no.' Understand?"

"Oh, okay." She pouted and walked over to the fridge for the milk.

Tade turned to his mummy and asked, "Wonder where she learned to do that?"

"Don't look at me." She then turned to look at Steve who dropped his eyes and pretended to be reading the newspaper.

The morning was busy. Bukky and Tade prepared the food for her parents' feast, Steve and Vivian watched the 'turkey parade, ' and Ireti began the preparation for their Easter party dinner at a friend's house in Ikorodu.

Bukky did find time to call Onome and Roli to wish them a happy holiday. They ended up talking nearly 45 minutes on a conference call.

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/scents-of-lust/30175
Re: Scents Of Lust by Ann2012(f): 11:46pm On Jul 29, 2020
Well done OP

1 Like

Re: Scents Of Lust by BigBasher: 10:17am On Jul 31, 2020
Interesting
Re: Scents Of Lust by SeyiDominion: 11:06am On Aug 01, 2020
Nice one
Re: Scents Of Lust by CasNova(m): 3:11pm On Aug 13, 2020
Bukky did find time to call Onome and Roli to wish them a happy holiday. They ended up talking nearly 45 minutes on a conference call.

After returning to the kitchen, she said, "Tade, I just talked to Onome and Roli. Their visits are going great. Both are helping prepare dinner, like we are. Roli says she has fallen in love with Ike parents and her parents welcomed Ike like he was their son. She said they were glad she finally brought home a guy she wanted them to meet."

"I'm glad it's going so well."

Ireti asked, "Are Onome and Roli both seniors?"

"Yes, we all graduate in May. Unfortunately, we'll then go our separate ways, which I dread. Even though we aren't related, we're like blood sisters and are very close. They have serious boyfriends and I hope we'll have three weddings in a year or two. The guys they're dating are almost as nice as Tade."

Tade replied, "They are great guys. Onome and Roli are both beautiful women, but not quite as beautiful as Bukky." Everyone smiled.

As noon approached, Tade and Bukky loaded the car with their luggage, Vivian's bag (which Bukky helped pack this time) and the food she was taking. They hugged and kissed Steve and Ireti with Vivian in Tade's arms and wished them a wonderful holiday.

Arrival at Bukky's parents was a riot. The house already had 16 people in various stages of playing games, watching TV, cooking, drinking beer and children chasing each other around in the backyard and house. It took fifteen minutes to properly introduce Tade and Vivian to everyone. All the men gave him enthusiastic welcomes, and the women couldn't wait to give Tade and Vivian a kiss.

Bose whispered to Bukky, "He's the sexiest man I've ever seen. You did good, girl." Bukky grinned.

When Tade was introduced to Emma and Ruth Esan, Bukky's parents, everyone smiled as if they were already old friends.

Tade was invited by Emma to join Debo, Bade and Kashi, Bose's husband, outside in the garage, a man cave that was relatively quiet from all the grandchildren running through the house.

Bose's oldest daughter Maria, who was nine, took Vivian's hand and led her to the game room where several cousins had gathered to play electronic and board games.

Vivian's eyes immediately locked onto the game one of them was setting up. In a few minutes, everyone in the room knew Vivian's name and Vivian knew theirs. It was like the cousins instantly adopted her and she became one of them.

Bukky and the ladies all gathered in the large kitchen to work on dinner and gossip about everything that came to mind. Everyone wanted to hear the story of how they met. All were impressed by his life's story but Deola was not mentioned at this point.

The fact that he was in pre-med and planning to become a physician impressed all the guys. Debo and Emma told him about their auto repair shops, laundries and ATM repair businesses.

The talk then turned to sports, Sagamu Eagles football and local politics. All the guys were impressed by Tade's outgoing personality, obvious intelligence and his confraternity career.

Debo jokingly asked, "What exactly are your intentions toward my baby sister?"

All the guys hooted and one of them slapped Tade's back.

"We met a couple of months ago and, to be honest, she swept me off my feet. I have fallen for your little sister, Debo."

Emma replied, "She's a good girl. Bukky's our baby and all the boys think of her as their daughter, I think, because they are much older than she. They are very protective of her and our family is very close."
Re: Scents Of Lust by Zamar: 8:43am On Aug 15, 2020
Nice update

1 Like

Re: Scents Of Lust by Ann2012(f): 8:58am On Aug 15, 2020
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Scents Of Lust by CasNova(m): 11:59am On Aug 30, 2020
Emma replied, "She's a good girl. Bukky's our baby and all the boys think of her as their daughter, I think, because they are much older than she. They are very protective of her and our family is very close."

"I'd expect that. I was an only child due to my mummy's health issues. She tells me you named her after a title song."

"Yes, we did. Ruth and I went to several of his concerts and loved the song."

"So did my parents."

Emma replied, "I'll be damned. Is that right? What a small world." All the guys laughed.
Bade asked, "What happened to your wife?"

Tade took a deep breath and a long draw on his beer while deciding what to say.

"While I was in the North, she started hanging out with the wrong crowd and got hooked on drugs. She was involved in a terrible auto accident and never really recovered from her drug addiction following her treatment. One day, she disappeared. The police couldn't find her. After more than two years, I assumed she was dead and got full custody of Vivian. We heard this week that she has come back and is at her parent's house since last Saturday."

"Man, that's a tough one. How old was Vivian when she left?" Kashi asked.

"Only a year old. My parents kept her while I finished my tour and got a discharge. They still keep her when I'm in school or working.'

The morning went fast with Vivian wanting to play games the cousins showed her the previous afternoon. Bukky and her mummy had fixed meatball sandwiches with homemade sauce for lunch.

As soon as Vivian went down for her nap, Tade decided to go get it over with at Deola's house.

"Do you want rolls?"

"Yes."

"Mummy is making some. They're great but so are her rolls."

"Has she shown you how to make them?"

"Of course. We must stay home sometime and let me cook real food for you."

"Well, wish me luck. I'll go over and see Deola and be back as soon as I can." Bukky gave him a tight hug and a long kiss.

Tade felt like he'd rather take a beating than to see her again. The drive over was on autopilot as all his thoughts were on her and the last time he saw her. She was in a drug-induced stupor when he took her to the emergency room.

Three days later he took her home and was out grocery shopping when she left and never came back. Obviously, someone helped her leave because her car was left behind. Now she's back.
Uche and Tergar lived in a very nice part of Sagamu in a beautiful brick three-story attached home.

Tergar was a successful criminal lawyer and now a federal Justice so money was not an issue for them. Tade found a parking spot nearby and walked to the door.

Deola was evidently watching for him and opened the door as he approached. She smiled and said, "Tade, you look great. Please come in."
Tade replied, "You also look great, Deola. Thanks."

She really did look fine. The dress she wore was lovely on her and the makeup was perfect. She had aged and looked at least five years older than she was. Otherwise, she appeared very much like the old Deola he once loved.

He walked into the sitting room as Deola followed.

"May I get you something to drink?"

"A beer would be good."

"That does sound good. I'll be right back."

Tade could tell from the silence in the house that Uche and Tergar weren't home. Deola returned with a beer and a bottle of water.

"I've given up all alcohol and am drinking lots of water."

"That's good."

"How's Vivian?"

"She's doing great. I brought a DVD for you to see."

"Can I watch it now?"

"Sure."

"Let me get the laptop." She went upstairs and returned in a moment . She sat next to Tade and put the DVD in. For the next 15 minutes, she watched every second of the video and cried the entire time. Tade handed her his handkerchief but dared not hold her.

"She's beautiful. I was a total fool and I hurt you so much. I am so sorry, Tade."

He was silent but tears were beginning to well.
She continued, "Thank you for coming. You didn't have to. I know my actions killed our relationship and I'm so very sorry I did what I did."

"Why did you do it?"

"Tade, anything I say will be an excuse. I let your absence be an excuse for me to party with friends. One thing led to another; and I was offered and accepted cocaine for the first time in my life. That drug gradually became my god in a few months. Over time, Vivian came second and you were not even in the picture. I lost all sense of reality and my self-respect."

"When I brought you home from the hospital, why did you leave?"

"I was out of coke and heroin and I had to get it. I called up an old friend and he came for me. I was so hooked and in so much pain that I'd have sold my soul to the devil for a fix."

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/scents-of-lust/30175
Re: Scents Of Lust by Awesome05: 5:22pm On Aug 30, 2020
Hmn ..
Re: Scents Of Lust by Ann2012(f): 7:41am On Aug 31, 2020
Well done OP
Re: Scents Of Lust by CasNova(m): 8:35pm On Sep 03, 2020
Ann2012:
Well done OP

Thanks.
Re: Scents Of Lust by BigBasher: 7:53am On Sep 17, 2020
Interesting.
Re: Scents Of Lust by Awesome05: 5:40am On Nov 02, 2020
Waiting for more

1 Like

Re: Scents Of Lust by FairCritic(m): 10:18am On Nov 07, 2020
Awesome05:
Waiting for more
Re: Scents Of Lust by FairCritic(m): 6:33pm On Feb 14, 2021
More
Re: Scents Of Lust by CasNova(m): 7:40pm On Feb 28, 2021
He was silent but tears were beginning to well.

She continued, "Thank you for coming. You didn't have to. I know my actions killed our relationship and I'm so very sorry I did what I did."

"Why did you do it?"

"Tade, anything I say will be an excuse. I let your absence be an excuse for me to party with friends. One thing led to another; and I was offered
and accepted cocaine for the first time in my life. That drug gradually became my god in a few months. Over time, Vivian came second and you
were not even in the picture. I lost all sense of reality and my self-respect."

"When I brought you home from the hospital, why did you leave?"

"I was out of coke and heroin and I had to get it. I called up an old friend and he came for me. I was so hooked and in so much pain that I'd
have sold my soul to the devil for a fix."

"Deola, I did my best to help you break that habit."

"I know, but I was too weak. I couldn't do it, Tade." Tears flowed down her face.

"We searched for you nearly a year."

"I know. I saw the missing person report on TV and knew the police and you were looking for me. I didn't want to be found and continued to
live with my friend. When he moved to Abuja, I went with him. After we were there several months, I changed my name back to Stella and got a
driver’s license. He and I were arrested for dealing after we'd been there about six months. He went to jail."

"What did you do then?"

"After I went through his stash that the police missed, I didn't have a choice. I went on the street and whored myself to anyone with money. The
drugs controlled me and every part of my life."

"Why didn't you call me? I'd have come for you."

"I was too ashamed to call you. I really thought I'd get killed on the streets and it would be over with, but it never happened. I tried to commit
suicide but couldn't even do that. Someone saw me starting to run out in front of a car and wrestled me to the pavement. The police took me to
a psychiatric hospital and they put me in rehab center. But I didn't want help. I wanted to die.

"Along the line, I finally met a woman who brought me to Christ. I never was a believer, as you know, but by the grace of God, I was finally at a
point in my life low enough to find Him waiting for me. The woman, whose name is Kate, volunteered at the jail from one of the local church
ministries. She had the patience of Job working with me. I got out last week and dad sent me the money to come home."

"Deola, I'm very happy you were saved and that you're home with people who really love you. But I'm not one of those people. When you
disappeared, you gradually died to me over the next two years. I filed for divorce so I could start over and find a mummy for Vivian who
depended on me. When you left Vivian, you burned every bridge between us and those cannot be re-built."

"I know." Tears and eyeliner ran down her cheeks. "I have no right at all to ask anything of you and you don't owe me anything. I was totally at
fault and it ruined our marriage. My baby is no longer mine and I understand why. The only thing I'm begging you to do is allow me to visit with
Vivian every now and then. I just want to kiss her and hold her a little while. She's still part of my spirit and that void in my heart is killing me."

"She thinks you died and are in heaven with Jesus. How can I tell her now that I was just joking and that her mummy was really a drug addict
and a prostitute and a drug dealer and was in jail? She's four years old, for God's sake."

Deola studied the far wall and didn't respond for many seconds.

"Tade, the one thought I held onto throughout the drug withdrawal was that I might see Vivian again. Her little face was in my mind the entire
time I was cramping so bad I couldn't walk. The thought of her gave me a reason for living and I was praying that you would let me see her and
hug her."

"You're appealing to sympathies which I don't have for you. Deola, it's over. Vivian is not going to see you. She has a new mummy now and any
exposure she has to you will only cause confusion."

"I didn't know you re-married."

"I haven't yet but I'm engaged."

"Can you give me some hope that someday I might see Vivian?"

"Well, let's talk about your plans. What are you going to do the next few years?"

"Dad has agreed to send me back to college and I'm going to try my best to get in. I have completed one year, as you know. My criminal record
will hurt me but I might be able to get into a community college. I want to continue in computer science and then get a job in that field."

Tade was silent for a long time before saying, "My fiancée and I will discuss it and I'll call you. We have agreed that Vivian will need to know
about you down the road when she's old enough to understand what happened. I think it's very important that she knows about drugs and the real human cost that drugs demand but she can't understand that for many more years."

"Would it be possible for me to pretend I'm not her mother and see her in your presence for a few minutes? Please?"

"Your parents showed her a photo of you last year and she'll remember it. You have no idea how intelligent she is and she never forgets
anything. You've aged and look much older now than the picture shows but she'll still know it's you."

"Maybe I can pretend to be her mummy's older sister. Tade, please."

"I can't take that chance. Vivian is the most important thing in my life. You once were but I lost you. I'm not going to take any chance on losing
Vivian. Any contact with you will only be confusing, troubling and painful to her. She's happy now to know that her first mummy is in heaven
with Jesus and it's going to stay that way. When she becomes a teenager and fully aware of drugs, addiction and divorce, then we can talk again
and arrange a visit. But until then, I don't see any way that I can allow you in her presence."

Deola began uncontrollable wailing and ran upstairs. Tade left and walked to his car. Once in the driver seat, he broke down and cried like he'd
done when holding the dying child on the street. He prayed that he'd made the right decision.

When he returned to Bukky's home, everyone gathered to hear about his meeting. Vivian was still taking a nap so he was free to recount
everything that was said to the best of his memory; all agreed that he'd made the best decision. He went to the bedroom and called his parents
to let them know the results. They were also very supportive.

Tade had no appetite and decided to take a nap prior to going to work. Bukky wanted to lie with him but decided he needed quiet time. Tade
spent all the time thinking through his meeting and re-living the emotional roller-coaster he'd experienced. As much as he hated to admit it,
Deola still had an effect on him. She had been the center of his life for six years during high school and up until she disappeared. It was
impossible for him to hate her like he wanted to do.

Bukky and Vivian came into the bedroom at 8:30 to warn him about the time. He had to be to be at work at 10:00 and it was almost an hour's
drive. Tade and Bukky carried the lasagna and bread to the car and kissed.

"I know you're worried, Tade. That was a tough decision and you're probably going to go over it many times in your mind. Please don't dwell on
it. You did the right thing. Everything will work out."

"I'll try, sweetheart."

"Vivian and I love you very much."

"I love you."

Deola's parents returned home and her mummy found her still crying in the bedroom. Uche asked, "I guess it didn't go so well, did it?"

"He refused to let me see her. He said that Vivian thinks I died and am in heaven."

"That's what we told Vivian because we didn't know anything else to tell her that she would understand."

"I know. I messed up, Mummy. I really messed up and ruined my life. The one thing I was holding on to was the thought of seeing Vivian again. I
really thought he would let me do that. I begged him to let me kiss her and hold her a little while and he refused. I even agreed to pretend I was
her mother's sister and he said no."

"What are you going to do now?"

"I don't know. I must try to start cleaning up my life and all the past mistakes I made. You and Daddy are the only lifeline I have for now, but I've
got to make my own way."

"Deola, you'll always be our daughter no matter what happens. We'll help you if you let us but that will stop if you go back to drugs or alcohol.
You will kill yourself with that stuff and we are not going to help you do that. We love you too much."

"Mummy, I love you and I'll never go back to that. God loved me and offered me a better way in life. Drugs don't hold that power over me like
they did."

"Well, get yourself together and come down for dinner. Your dad wants to order pizza for us. Let's talk some more about Vivian. Maybe there's
something we can do that would let you spend time with her."

"I don't know what you or anyone can do without Tade's approval."

"Let's talk to your dad and see what he thinks."

The next three weeks were very busy for everyone. The sisters' romances continued to develop. Roli was true to her word and Ike became the
total focus of her romantic life. She saw and visited with Ayo and Liza at the Joint one evening, and they seemed very happy. Onome and Dele
made plans to go to Warri during Christmas break for him to meet her parents. She wanted to "break him in" riding horses so he could see her
favorite remote parts of the ranch. Her goal was to introduce him to ranch life and pray that he would like it. Onome worked many hours on her
paintings; preparing for the February senior art show the university would be sponsoring.

Scents of Lust: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/scents-of-lust/30175
Re: Scents Of Lust by Saturn101: 5:48pm On Mar 02, 2021
Welcome back.
Re: Scents Of Lust by Ann2012(f): 1:48pm On Mar 04, 2021
Thanks for the update
Re: Scents Of Lust by BigBasher: 6:20am On Mar 30, 2021
Waiting for more
Re: Scents Of Lust by CasNova(m): 7:28am On May 13, 2021
Onome and Dele made plans to go to Warri during Christmas break for him to meet her parents. She wanted to "break him in" riding horses so he could see her favorite remote parts of the ranch.

Her goal was to introduce him to ranch life and pray that he would like it. Onome worked many hours on her paintings; preparing for the February senior art show the university would be sponsoring.

Bukky and Tade's love for each other continued to evolve and mature. Vivian spent many days with her and the role of mummy played a large and growing part of Bukky's life.

The video business boomed. Demand for the quality of work she produced was very high for the soft-core romantic videos.

This artistic portrayal of sex, as Roli predicted, was preferred instead of the hard-core stuff like you see everywhere on the Internet. She still did the hard-core scenes as requested, but they were not as in demand as first estimated.

Bukky was asked by five students to do family legacy videos featuring parents and grandparents. She also was booked for her first wedding shoot in June. The business was strong and Bukky's schedule was becoming difficult to manage.

Tade talked again to Deola and was very pleased with what she told him. She had found a job at a hospital in the city and was hired to help counsel patients. Her troubled past was considered to be perfect for the role and she embraced the opportunity to help others overcome the addiction like she had battled.

Part of the job was for her to share her background and describe what drug abuse had cost her. This testimony was intended to encourage the patients by letting them see Deola currently versus where she had been.
Deola continued to lean on her faith to get through every day.

She saw herself in many of the patients, and this brought back many ugly memories. The most important thing, Tade thought, was that Deola had met a real estate agent who was a hospital patient and they were instantly attracted to each other.

Tade thought that a new relationship for her would be an answer to many prayers. Deola did not bring up the subject of seeing Vivian. Tade thought she had accepted his decision.
Something very unpleasant happened the week before Christmas.

Tade was taking a morning nap at Bukky's house when his phone rang. It was his mummy.

"Hello Mummy."

All he could hear was her crying. She tried several times to talk but couldn't get the words out. A man then came on the phone.

"Mr. Sunmonu."

"What's wrong?"

"This is Sergeant Ayo Norman. I'm with the Ikorodu Police Department. Your daughter Vivian has been kidnapped and your mother has been injured."

"What?" Tade screamed and began whimpering.

"Two men forced their way into the house, struck and tied up Mrs. Sunmonu and took Vivian. Can you come here and meet with us? Your father is on the way here now."

Re: Scents Of Lust by Gbest90(m): 3:00pm On May 13, 2021
Wow. This is really lovely.
Such a captivating story line. I cant help but commend your work Sir.
Its a masterpiece

1 Like

Re: Scents Of Lust by CasNova(m): 12:01pm On May 23, 2021
Gbest90:
Wow. This is really lovely.

Such a captivating story line. I cant help but commend your work Sir.

Its a masterpiece

Thank you so much. You have made my day.
Re: Scents Of Lust by Ann2012(f): 9:24pm On May 23, 2021
Thanks for the update
Re: Scents Of Lust by makrong(m): 3:55pm On Jun 03, 2021
I almost left....but I changed my mind. This is a lovely story. Staying till the end. Please don't disappoint.

1 Like

Re: Scents Of Lust by Zamar: 6:27am On Jul 08, 2021
MORE
Re: Scents Of Lust by BigBasher: 7:59pm On Jul 12, 2021
MORE
Re: Scents Of Lust by Zamar: 6:21am On Jul 14, 2021
Go on.
Re: Scents Of Lust by CasNova(m): 11:13am On Jul 21, 2021
"Two men forced their way into the house, struck and tied up Mrs. Sunmonu and took Vivian. Can you come here and meet with us? Your father is on the way here now."

"Yes, I'll be there as soon as I can. How bad is mummy injured?"

"She was struck in the head and will require a few stitches. The paramedics are on the way."

"My former wife, Deola, may be behind this. She's been asking to see Vivian and I've refused."

"Mrs. Sunmonu gave us those details and the Sagamu police are going to her house now. There was a ransom note left so this may be unrelated to Ms. Stella."

"She also works at a hospital facility so the police should check there for her."

He gave Sergeant Norman the name of the facility.

As soon as the Sergeant hung up, Tade called Bukky. After several moment s of crying, she promised to come home immediately so they could go up together. She had been at the studio editing videos.

During the drive up, Bukky explained that her brothers knew many of the police Sergeant in that area and also knew people who might have done this.

Bukky called Debo and asked him to meet her at the Sunmonu's house. The news stunned him and he said he would bring the brothers.

There were three police cars, an emergency response unit and Debo's car there when Tade and Bukky arrived. They ran immediately into the arms of Ireti and Steve.

Everyone was crying and having a very difficult time talking. The paramedic had temporarily bandaged Ireti's head but she would have to go with them to be sutured. She had refused to leave until Tade arrived.

Through her tears, Ireti was able to describe what happened. "We had just come from Vivian's doctor appointment and she went up to play in her room. I heard the doorbell ring and answered it thinking it was probably a service man that Steve forgot to tell me was coming.

I didn't even think about looking at the security monitor. Two men dressed in jeans and masks forced their way through the door as soon as I opened it.

“They pointed a gun at me. I turned and ran to the security box and pushed the alarm before they hit me, I guess with the pistol. That's all I remember until the police came. They had tied me up with duct tape. Vivian was missing and a note was left on her bed."

The Sergeant handed Tade the note that was in a transparent evidence pouch.

It said, "To recover your daughter unharmed, you must pay ten million naira. Prepare the money and you will receive instructions in two days."

Debo, Adebisi, and Bade were standing near the kitchen talking with Inspector Ganiyu. Debo asked to see the security video. The policemen took him to the equipment room and played the security tapes of a man striking Ireti before running upstairs to Vivian's room and returning downstairs with Vivian wrapped in a blanket.

They both left immediately. The outside cameras saw them going down to the river path and disappearing along the bank.
Debo asked, "Can you turn the volume up all the way? I want to hear anything they might have said."

They watched the tapes again and heard the man downstairs yell to hurry up and that the police were on the way. The alarm was going off and obscured any other conversation; but they could hear Vivian screaming.

"Inspector Ganiyu, would you mind if we make a copy of these videos and show them to our buddies at the CID? Their lab can remove the alarm sound so we can hear them much better."

"That'd be fine, Debo. I need to keep the originals but if they need them, have them call me. Also have them send me a copy of their final product. You three guys know a lot of people in this area. Do you have any idea who these two might be?"

Debo looked at Adebisi and Bade and all shook their heads. But Debo was lying and thought he knew the man who hit Ireti and came upstairs for Vivian. Some of his guys would know for sure.

The Inspector put in, "The Sagamu Police Department will assist us on this investigation. Our little department can't do the job they can."

Tade's phone rang and he recognized it as Deola calling.

Tade yelled into the phone, "Are you behind this?"

"No I'm not Tade." He could tell she was crying.

"The police are here now and told me what happened. I'd never do that, Tade. You've got to believe me. Vivian is the most important person in my life; and I'd never do something like this to her. The police have asked me to go with them for questioning. Can you come be with me? I'm so scared."

"Let me talk to the Sergeant."

"Mr. Sunmonu, this is Sergeant James Ayila, Sagamu Police Department. We are taking Ms. Stella to our headquarters for questioning. She has declined legal representation, but her father is meeting us there."

"I'll come also."

He quickly told everyone what Deola said.

"Bukky, can you go with me?"

"Of course."

Debo said, "We're going to the CID office and see whether we can clean up the security video. Call me, Bukky, with any news and we'll do the same for you."

As soon as the three brothers were in the car, they called each of their team leaders. They were told that they and their men must be at the office within one hour.

Absolutely everyone must be there and no excuses would be accepted. Debo drove as quickly as he could; and almost everyone was there in the meeting room when they arrived. By the time they set up the video player and loaded the tape, all 24 of their men were in the room.

"Guys, my little sister's four-year old daughter was kidnapped a few hours ago." Preciousd moans and curses rolled through the room. "We have this video from the home security system. Their faces are covered but look at the tattoo on the one guy's neck and listen to the voice of the man yelling upstairs. I hope we know them."

Re: Scents Of Lust by tonysunkan: 1:28pm On Jul 24, 2021
Cool
Re: Scents Of Lust by CasNova(m): 7:39am On Nov 20, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictorial Quotes That'll Make Your Day & Give You Hope / Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe / All That Glitters Are Not Gold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.