Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd (526 Views)

Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. / First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result / Meet Onayemi Temitope Timothy, Hunter With Bsc. And Msc. In Criminology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd by Back2Daura(m): 11:24pm On Nov 24, 2019
Good evening all,
Please I need honest advices on my career path. I made a third class in economics and applied for pgd management but got admitted to study marketing after I got the Pgd marketing I moved on to study Msc management which I made 4.0 cgpa.
Now I am about to apply for PhD management. The issue here is that I am confused if I will get a lecturer Job since I made third class and I didn't study a particular course from my bsc to PhD level.
Further more, can I get a scholarship to study for PhD with my degree in any foreign university still admitting? If there is, kindly avail me as the schools I had search have closed admission.
Thanks alot in anticipation to your kind replies..
Re: I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd by lindywane(m): 11:29pm On Nov 24, 2019
U can get admitted on scholarship in schools abroad...there re tonnes of them willing to offer u admission on a platter of gold.

Check out my signature guys
Re: I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd by George28(m): 12:06pm On Nov 25, 2019
I like you being an honest fellow not those with I graduated with a first class
Re: I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd by Eaganguolly(m): 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2019
You can get a lecturing work if you have up to 1 or 2 publications in recognised journals. Continue with your management since it was what you did in your masters. The third class is not longer a hindrance since you are furthering your studies. What is needed of you is to show your scholarly skills by publishing in international journals. Good luck
Re: I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd by Back2Daura(m): 12:14pm On Nov 25, 2019
Eaganguolly:
You can get a lecturing work if you have up to 1 or 2 publications in recognised journals. Continue with your management since it was what you did in your masters. The third class is not longer a hindrance since you are furthering your studies. What is needed of you is to show your scholarly skills by publishing in international journals. Good luck
Thanks for your quick response...
Re: I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd by Back2Daura(m): 12:15pm On Nov 25, 2019
George28:
I like you being an honest fellow not those with I graduated with a first class

Thanks I am humbled... Sincerely, It is a good thing to be a first class in any field you find yourself.
Re: I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd by Back2Daura(m): 12:16pm On Nov 25, 2019
lindywane:
U can get admitted on scholarship in schools abroad...there re tonnes of them willing to offer u admission on a platter of gold.

Check out my signature guys
ok
Re: I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd by George28(m): 12:25pm On Nov 25, 2019
Back2Daura:

Thanks I am humbled... Sincerely, It is a good thing to be a first class in any field you find yourself.
No lies bro but some are being scared so as not to get mocked
Despite this being a question based thread I still find it inspiring in one way or the other

Not being a first class graduate or second class upper doesn't mean one abilities is limited
Re: I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd by Back2Daura(m): 2:44pm On Nov 25, 2019
George28:

No lies bro but some are being scared so as not to get mocked
Despite this being a question based thread I still find it inspiring in one way or the other

Not being a first class graduate or second class upper doesn't mean one abilities is limited
The most important thing in life is when you fail , 1. realised that you failed 2. Check the (S)strength(W)weakness(O)opportunities
(T)threats analysis of your life and you head on. Everyone has a potential to achieve more..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Side Hustle Internship 3.0 / 20 Rules Of Money You Should Know That Can Change Your Life / y

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.