Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,113 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification (33782 Views)

INEC Removes Alhassan Doguwa’s Name From Reps-Elect List / Alhassan Doguwa With His 4 Wives And 27 Children / Court Of Appeal Sacks Alhassan Doguwa, House Of Reps Leader (2) (3) (4)

Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by oshozondii: 7:58am On Nov 25, 2019
A former member representing Tudunwada/Doguwa Federal Constituency, Alhassan Ado Doguwa, has revealed how the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, approved three new official vehicles for him despite a court order sacking him from the House.

On November 4, the Court of Appeal sitting in Kaduna nullified Mr Doguwa’s election and ordered for a fresh poll.

Mr Doguwa, who is the Majority Leader of the House, is the third ranking member of the House after Speaker and Deputy Speaker.

In a recent video obtained by DAILY NIGERIAN, Mr Doguwa told his constituents at his residence that the House and the party leadership had resolved not to replace his position until after a re-run election.

He said in consequence of this resolution, the House still recognises him as the House Leader, such that he retains his official vehicles in addition to new official vehicles sent to him like any other principal officer a couple of weeks ago.

“My detractors are in shock. Those who wished for my setback are angry that I am progressing.

“Three days ago was exactly 16 days after the court judgement. I returned from a journey to meet three new vehicles for Majority Leader in my house.

“Just like any principal officer, the Speaker of the House of Representatives Rt. Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila approved that for me. If you checked my house at Apo, you will see the old official vehicles and the new ones.

“The national leadership of the party and the House, after an executive session, reached resolution that my position be left vacant until my return after election.

“This is the first in the political history of this country. Even at local government level, once a councillor’s election is nullified, the vacant position is filled within 48 hours,” Mr Doguwa said, to the applause of his visitors.

https://dailynigerian.com/sacked-house-leader-doguwa-boasts-16-days-after-court-nullified-my-election-gbajabiamila-sent-3-new-official-vehicles-to-me/k

Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by General0847: 8:06am On Nov 25, 2019
Nigeria is a joke.

108 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 25, 2019
If you checked my house at Apo, you will see the old official vehicles and the new ones.

Six brand new vehicles in four years... God help Nigeria.

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by JubrinElSudan: 8:10am On Nov 25, 2019
What got my attention is the part he said in his compound they can see both the new and old official cars. Not like the official cars considered old are 1999 models oh. Cars that were prolly bought in the last dispensation. You aunction the old ones to them at "ridiculously" low prices, go ahead to buy new ones for them. Cost of governance in this country is high

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by Danzakidakura(m): 8:12am On Nov 25, 2019
Sometimes silent is golden.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by SalamRushdie: 8:21am On Nov 25, 2019
Esseite:

You would think that they were elected to own cars ... I bet you this man hasn't contributed 6 motions in the 4 years

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 25, 2019
SalamRushdie:

You would think that they were elected to own cars ... I bet you this man hasn't contributed 6 motions in the 4 years

He is in the I's and NAY's category..

53 Likes

Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by magoo10(m): 8:43am On Nov 25, 2019
This is Nigeria
I call this 'hate action' against Nigerians.

Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by content208: 8:43am On Nov 25, 2019
oshozondii:
A former member representing Tudunwada/Doguwa Federal Constituency, Alhassan Ado Doguwa, has revealed how the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, approved three new official vehicles for him despite a court order sacking him from the House.

On November 4, the Court of Appeal sitting in Kaduna nullified Mr Doguwa’s election and ordered for a fresh poll.

Mr Doguwa, who is the Majority Leader of the House, is the third ranking member of the House after Speaker and Deputy Speaker.

In a recent video obtained by DAILY NIGERIAN, Mr Doguwa told his constituents at his residence that the House and the party leadership had resolved not to replace his position until after a re-run election.

He said in consequence of this resolution, the House still recognises him as the House Leader, such that he retains his official vehicles in addition to new official vehicles sent to him like any other principal officer a couple of weeks ago.

“My detractors are in shock. Those who wished for my setback are angry that I am progressing.

“Three days ago was exactly 16 days after the court judgement. I returned from a journey to meet three new vehicles for Majority Leader in my house.

“Just like any principal officer, the Speaker of the House of Representatives Rt. Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila approved that for me. If you checked my house at Apo, you will see the old official vehicles and the new ones.

“The national leadership of the party and the House, after an executive session, reached resolution that my position be left vacant until my return after election.

“This is the first in the political history of this country. Even at local government level, once a councillor’s election is nullified, the vacant position is filled within 48 hours,” Mr Doguwa said, to the applause of his visitors.

https://dailynigerian.com/sacked-house-leader-doguwa-boasts-16-days-after-court-nullified-my-election-gbajabiamila-sent-3-new-official-vehicles-to-me/k

Johnmartus, sarrki, buhariguy, yarimo, ask yourselves this question: is this the kind of Nigeria you really wish for your children? Can you point out one difference between PDP and APC?

Do you need anyone to tell you that there is no difference between the two?

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by Smalldick123(m): 8:47am On Nov 25, 2019
And we are the poorest o
Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by johnmartus(m): 9:35am On Nov 25, 2019
Do you need anyone to tell you that this news is fake. Please control your emotion.
content208:

Johnmartus, sarrki, buhariguy, yarimo, ask yourselves this question: is this the kind of Nigeria you really wish for your children? Can you point out one difference between PDP and APC?

Do you need anyone to tell you that there is no difference between the two?

Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by Toscarel: 9:47am On Nov 25, 2019
Thats how they waste tax payers money, and they want to enforce more taxes on people even

Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by anambraamaka: 9:48am On Nov 25, 2019
Is it legal?
Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by MARKone(m): 9:48am On Nov 25, 2019
Esseite:

I mean it's terrible, very wasteful government.

Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by itsme01: 9:48am On Nov 25, 2019

our oyel money

Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by Patrioticman007(m): 9:49am On Nov 25, 2019
These people are working hard with our resources.

Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 25, 2019
And Integrator Buhari and his EFCC are busy looking for corruption upandan Nigerian streets, when they are the very kingpin of corrupt practices.

Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by poiZon: 9:50am On Nov 25, 2019
Chai.....

God why....

Which crime i commit make u send me come.nigeria?

Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by Pidginwhisper: 9:53am On Nov 25, 2019
See person wey dem vote for. You never see anything. Shele stupid ni grin

Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by simplyOJ(m): 9:54am On Nov 25, 2019
Paddy! Paddy!! At the top is what has gotten us in these mess we are in now as a Nation. What a shame, the court nullifies your election, you remain a non member of the House until you gain entrance back only through election.

I can confirm that his office is still been run like nothing happened.

Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by wonuks(m): 9:56am On Nov 25, 2019
Tax payers money don finish. So what's the motivation for paying tax in this country??

Checkout our 30+ professionally designed websites. Let's do one for your business or organization #Pay-After-Design. Go Here to learn more
Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by seunlayi(m): 9:59am On Nov 25, 2019
Whosoever say things are working in this country is surely mad. In a system where things are working, I should be seeing some people walking into jail by now.
Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by wisekings: 10:00am On Nov 25, 2019
johnmartus:
Do you need anyone to tell you news is fake. Please control your emotion.
You sound hopeless and stupid

Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by Flexherbal(m): 10:01am On Nov 25, 2019

This is one of the reasons politicians can kill to retain their positions.
Re: Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification by realstars: 10:02am On Nov 25, 2019
D

Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash / Atiku Formed Dubious Coalition With Saraki And Obj Because Of 2019 - Omatseye / El-rufai Has Been Reduced From Dwarf To Leper; Abandoned By Buhari