Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / . (2155 Views)

Osanyinlusi Titilayo Mary: Graduates With 7.0 CGPA From University Of Ibadan / Owolabi Habeebah Olayinka Graduates With A 7.0 CGPA From University Of Ibadan / Ebhomielen Ofure Mary Had 7.0 CGPA At The University Of Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by lecoeur(m): 2:43pm On Nov 25, 2019

1 Like

Re: . by wizdomnzube(m): 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2019
Bro leave school carry laptop u go smile. Den go back te school go buy result. Las Las school na scam wink
Re: . by Astboyfriend11: 2:50pm On Nov 25, 2019
Re: . by darfay: 3:05pm On Nov 25, 2019
First of all an E - hug for you coz I know you must be feeling bad wink wink Just continue do your best and while at it find out what you are good at outside of school that can earn you income, develop it over the years.

You are not your sister and you are not a failure,

9 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 25, 2019
lecoeur:
My school results has been released, and right now i feel so miserable...

I was admitted late last year into this school and because of that i missed a lot, upon my resumption i discovered i had missed 6 of my course tests out of 11 courses in my first semester and in less than two week after my resumption exams started coupled with the registration it wasn't easy, anyway i wrote my exams and everything was fine...

My school results never showed up until after our second semester break...

Although i know i didn't do well in my first semester so i tried to patch it up with second one but it was unfruitful, i had a rethink and remembered i was been carried away by my side hustle back (since i wasn't financially stable) in my second semester and also didn't read much I've always had this habit of procrastinating whenever it comes to me reading my books and discovered its not helping...

So i ended up having 1.82.
My immediate elder sister came out first class 4.79 just last year, I feel i'm a failure i don't want my uncle and my mom to feel like they are wasting their little hard earned cash on me.

Please i need your respective advice am ready to change.
You are too isolated...... That's the problem here.... And it's not helping you it's destroying you

5 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2019
Learn to associate with your coursemates so you can get info....

And it's better to you write the exams and fail than skipping your papers that's evil and from the devil himself

People who well you school is not for you are not helping you either..... If you dont slay your demons now you will still face them tomorrow ...... They will never stop

4 Likes

Re: . by lecoeur(m): 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2019
Ikio:
You are too isolated...... That's the problem here.... And it's not helping you it's destroying you

i don't understand you

isolated in what way pls?
Re: . by lecoeur(m): 3:38pm On Nov 25, 2019
Ikio:
Learn to associate with your coursemates so you can get info....

And it's better to you write the exams and fail than skipping your papers that's evil and from the devil himself

People who well you school is not for you are not helping you either..... If you dont slay your demons now you will still face them tomorrow ...... They will never stop

thanks so much
Re: . by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2019
lecoeur:

thanks so much
you can't miss 6 out of eleven of your test if you are not isolated
Re: . by lecoeur(m): 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2019
Ikio:
you can't miss 6 out of eleven of your test if you are not isolated

I actually missed all but with constant disturbance from me and my fellow colleagues who were also absent with the help of our department dean we got at least 5 make-up...
The rest refused profusely,
Re: . by hernandson(m): 3:58pm On Nov 25, 2019
wizdomnzube:
Bro leave school carry laptop u go smile. Den go back te school go buy result. Las Las school na scam wink
laptop to do what?
Re: . by mhiztaNexy(m): 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2019
Started with 1.87 n ended with 3.21. Not really good, yeah but you can do better if you are ready to read n go extra miles. Learn a skill that wont affect ur studies or build on what you love doing coz life can be really funny... Tomorrow get belle...

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 25, 2019
mhiztaNexy:
Started with 1.87 n ended with 3.21. Not really good, yeah but you can do better if you are ready to read n go extra miles. Learn a skill that wont affect ur academics or build on what you love doing coz life can be really funny... Tomorrow get belle...
daht alot of hard work......

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 25, 2019
lecoeur:

I was admitted late last year into this school and because of that i missed a lot, upon my resumption i discovered i had missed 6 of my course tests out of 11 courses in my first semester and in less than two week after my resumption exams started coupled with the registration it wasn't easy, anyway i wrote my exams and everything was fine...

Although i know i didn't do well in my first semester so i tried to patch it up with second one but it was unfruitful, i had a rethink and remembered i was been carried away by my side hustle back (since i wasn't financially stable) in my second semester and also didn't read much I've always had this habit of procrastinating whenever it comes to me reading my books and discovered its not helping...

My immediate elder sister came out first class 4.79 just last year, I feel i'm a failure i don't want my uncle and my mom to feel like they are wasting their little hard earned cash on me.

Ok I get it your result Is not nice,I had such issues too.

Climbing up is easy,all you have to do is to be focused. Build your self esteem,be positive and tell your self everyday you can do it. Associate with pple who are ahead find out their secret,no what works for you and improve on it. You are not a failure,you only become a failure when this get to you. Am speaking from experience.

It's not easy but I tell you it will all end in praise

3 Likes

Re: . by clive2u(m): 6:17pm On Nov 25, 2019
looks like wolves odd vs Southampton. stake 1mil and get 1.82mil cos that's the only importance of such gp

PS: why did the school admit you that late or is it a private uni cos na dem dey do all those yeye stuff. just sit up u could go out with 2:2

3 Likes

Re: . by Evect(m): 6:49pm On Nov 25, 2019
Succeeding as a university student doesn't require reading alone.
Mingle with the best guys in your class, I mean follow them back to back, their excellence would rub off on you, solve past questions, try to attend class.
Look for side hustle that won't eat your time and energy. Leave woman. Leave Friday parties. Be humble and friendly with your lecturers.
In all, always pray to God. I wish you success bruh

1 Like

Re: . by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:48pm On Nov 25, 2019
lecoeur:

Any hope for what

It appears you have flare for business rather than education

If you can gather the kind of money spent on your education channel it to a legit business, you will be made for life!!!

Then travel out and study in the university of your choice!

See you at the top!!!

Ebenezar2020:
do not force your Igbo mentality on him.
not everyone is into making money or having a good fortune on business.
allow the young man to focus and sit up and he'll Excel in his academics.
Did you read at all
Re: . by Ejusni(m): 7:50pm On Nov 25, 2019
Bro don't give up, it's just 100 level about 10℅ of your total cgpa- you still have 3 years more, you can still read intensively and succeed!

don't give up!

2 Likes

Re: . by Ocheinstein(m): 8:52pm On Nov 25, 2019
Yes
Re: . by chinwezdasilva: 8:59pm On Nov 25, 2019
Another tread of cgpa again. Wait for my advice
Re: . by Tomreed(m): 10:29pm On Nov 25, 2019
I could say you're worrying too much but maybe you just wouldn't want to hear that

There's still like 2+ years ahead, firstly decide if you're really into the idea of going to school, if yes then you can still make up for it. Join a reading group esp. during exam season, try as much as possible to engage in night reading, trust in God and yourself and you'll make it
Re: . by DaddyMorenike: 12:25am On Nov 26, 2019
No hope. Go and join WWE.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:42am On Nov 26, 2019
Hello bro,
I'd advice you to take these comments to heart. Federal universities can be frustrating with their late admission.
I have a friend whose first semester result was damaged cos of late admission.
Forget the past, learn from your failures, glean wisdom and move on.
You have three more years to sit up and change your story.
Lastly, remember - Failure is an event, not a person.
Hope to see you when you've turned this test to a testimony.
Cheers!
PS: Please let's know how far with your progress...there is no lack of wise people on NL who are willing to help.

1 Like

Re: . by Nigerfine3: 1:08am On Nov 26, 2019
I would advise you repeat the class if you think you might one day be a job seeker. If you graduate with a poor results friends and family will use it as excuse not to help with job.
Re: . by jeph19(m): 1:48am On Nov 26, 2019
Yes bro, there's hope.
First of all condition your mind to believe you're not a failure, pray and study.
Leave politics
Leave girls
Maximise lecture free days
Use the library
Make friends with those ahead
Pay for tutorial
Re: . by deltateam: 5:40am On Nov 26, 2019
lecoeur:

My advice is for you to retake JAMB, choose a course you love and can do well in with good employment prospects and start all over cos you are building on a faulty, shaky foundation with an extra year at least in view and best result being 2.2 with very hardworking o.

That's my honest truth.
Re: . by Danwakae(m): 9:48am On Nov 26, 2019
lecoeur:

You can decides to hide the department but not the school and course, because in this your case the school and course really matters , because

In some school , the CGPA calculation in 100L is 10% or less depending on the duration of the course, , of which if you happen to be in such school, u can still make a second class upper, because the CGPA in 100% doesn't matters, While in some school, it's 20% all through in the CGPA calculations.

Even at that , if u wake up, stop those side hurstle and be serious with yourself , u can make a 2-1 , PROCRASTINATION has been main issue killing most students in school apart from those who read and easily forget...If u want to succeed in the university , u must deny your flesh...
Re: . by SaintHilary(m): 11:18am On Nov 26, 2019
clive2u:
looks like wolves odd vs Southampton. stake 1mil and get 1.82mil cos that's the only importance of such gp

PS: why did the school admit you that late or is it a private uni cos na dem dey do all those yeye stuff. just sit up u could go out with 2:2

cheesy

Re: . by CrownPrincehawk(m): 1:48pm On Nov 26, 2019
With this grade you can still make distinction upon graduation. Start working and making A's all your courses now.
Re: . by wizdomnzube(m): 11:51pm On Nov 28, 2019
hernandson:
laptop to do what?
Laptop to take dey watch film
Re: . by Ebenezar2020(m): 11:05am On Feb 11, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

Any hope for what

It appears you have flare for business rather than education

If you can gather the kind of money spent on your education channel it to a legit business, you will be made for life!!!

Then travel out and study in the university of your choice!

See you at the top!!!
Re: . by Caymen: 11:06am On Feb 11, 2020
[s]
Ebenezar2020:
[/s]
shatap

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girl, 14, Wins $25K For A Discovery That Could Lead To A Cure For Covid-19 (Pix) / I Am In Need Of Research Project Topics On Mechanical Engineering / Admission Into Delsu Predegree 2010/2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.