Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,375 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. (2277 Views)

Why Are Asian Student More Focused And Academically Ahead Than Americans / Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. / How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 31, 2021
So I created a topic early last year concerning my schooling.
As at then I was in 200 level and my 100 level results were just released, I failed whole fully with total of 5 carry-overs in the whole of year 1 alone amounting to less than 2.0 GP.
I resumed 100 level very late (A week to exams) and that contributed to the whole thing, I felt really devastated honestly so I had to bring it up on this forum. People here motivated me, some where of the option that I defer the admission and some came with insults and how I should drop out and do yahoo lol.
Friends around me who had same problem resulted to start sorting lecturers and all that but I was not in for that nonsense. Now the issue was that I read hard but I don't understand why my results were not to my expectations.
Many people here adviced that if I must graduate with my mates and a good result I needed to read extra, I took heed to that and during the lockdown I had already start planning my strategy to overcome upon resumption. I changed environment and moved with a friend of mine, an engineering student.
When school resumed this year ( 200 level second semester) I started reading hard like exams was tomorrow. Since 100 level, I have not really been social, I hardly go out and try to keep a very small circle. This my roommate has been very cool, he has really thought me a lot and also helped me academically.
At a point I started falling sick unnecessarily but I did not relent in my academics.
When the result for our 200 level second semester came out I was joyous, the first semester (200) was average because of reference I had to rewrite and second semester gave me 4.88GP with only one reference I wrote, I was in doubt and had to go to my department to get the statement of my results and it was confirmed. Now I'm hoping the industrial training I'm about to embark on goes well too because I have to make sure to aquire the practical knowledge of my discipline.
I acknowledge that I myself have to keep up with this effort at this moment but I really want to motivate students like me not to feel down in any kind of academic setback, rather seize it as an opportunity to work on yourself and improve.
Although I understand what works for me might not work for you so find what works for you and apply it.
Nobody is a failure.
School especially Higher institution is hard but aluta continua, victoria acerta.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by SanctifiedSista(f): 2:00pm On Jul 31, 2021
Thanks for sharing
Come to church tomorrow
Congratulations will be ur new name

7 Likes

Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by lecoeur(m): 2:13pm On Jul 31, 2021
For someone in school, your priority has to be your books.
Thanks for sharing.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by yanabasee1(m): 2:23pm On Jul 31, 2021
Keep putting more efforts.... God's your strength....

3 Likes

Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 31, 2021
yanabasee1:
Keep putting more efforts....
God's your strength....
Thanks a lot.
Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by Chibuezem(m): 5:50pm On Jul 31, 2021
Satanisreal:
As at then I was in 200 level and my 100 level results were just released, I failed whole fully with total of 5 carry-overs in the whole of year 1 alone amounting to less than 2.0 GP.
I resumed 100 level very late (A week to exams) and that contributed to the whole thing, I felt really devastated honestly so I had to bring it up on this forum. People here motivated me, some where of the option that I defer the admission and some came with insults and how I should drop out and do yahoo lol.
Friends around me who had same problem resulted to start sorting lecturers and all that but I was not in for that nonsense. Now the issue was that I read hard but I don't understand why my results were not to my expectations.
Many people here adviced that if I must graduate with my mates and a good result I needed to read extra, I took heed to that and during the lockdown I had already start planning my strategy to overcome upon resumption. I changed environment and moved with a friend of mine, an engineering student.
When school resumed this year ( 200 level second semester) I started reading hard like exams was tomorrow. Since 100 level, I have not really been social, I hardly go out and try to keep a very small circle. This my roommate has been very cool, he has really thought me a lot and also helped me academically.
At a point I started falling sick unnecessarily but I did not relent in my academics.
When the result for our 200 level second semester came out I was joyous, the first semester (200) was average because of reference I had to rewrite and second semester gave me 4.88GP with only one reference I wrote, I was in doubt and had to go to my department to get the statement of my results and it was confirmed. Now I'm hoping the industrial training I'm about to embark on goes well too because I have to make sure to aquire the practical knowledge of my discipline.
I acknowledge that I myself have to keep up with this effort at this moment but I really want to motivate students like me not to feel down in any kind of academic setback, rather seize it as an opportunity to work on yourself and improve.
Although I understand what works for me might not work for you so find what works for you and apply it.
Nobody is a failure.
School especially Higher institution is hard but aluta continua, victoria acerta.
Your sickness was as a result of your body trying to adapt to the new structure set in place by you....

7 Likes

Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by Karleb(m): 7:45pm On Jul 31, 2021
What department?
Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 31, 2021
Karleb:
What department?
No course is easy boss.
I'm a computer Science student.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 31, 2021
Chibuezem:

Your sickness was as a result of your body trying to adapt to the new structure set in place by you....

Obviously Sir.
The change was necessary.

1 Like

Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by Karleb(m): 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2021
Satanisreal:

No course is easy boss.
I'm a computer Science student.

On the contrary, some courses are easier.

Kudos!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by The5DME(m): 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2021
Nice.
Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by clockwisereport: 10:20pm On Jul 31, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
Thanks for sharing
Come to church tomorrow
Congratulations will be ur new name
Which church be dat?
Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by youngking22(m): 10:43pm On Jul 31, 2021
Please what is the best way too convince my folks, about moving to the school hostel. I want to be in the school environment for full concentration, Home is a major distraction...
Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by Mastakija(m): 11:09pm On Jul 31, 2021
In summary read hard as if your life depended on it
If to say u go fall sick fall sick read book
And dont forget book is not the only thing oh
Pray and again start learning work
Dont goan have 100% assurance that if u graduate u will see job
For this 9ja wey u dey
U gaz wise

1 Like

Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by Mastakija(m): 11:11pm On Jul 31, 2021
youngking22:
Please what is the best way too convince my folks, about moving to the school hostel. I want to be in the school environment for full concentration, Home is a major distraction...
first
Do u go to school from ur parents house or from outside campus?

Second
Can they afford it?
Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by spartan117(m): 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2021
Nice one bro congrats!

1 Like

Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by michresakidjo(m): 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2021
Satanisreal:
Nobody is a failure.

Bro I'm motivated

I'm currently in your shoe though i still have like two courses result yet to be released but the ones i have had so far leave bad taste in my mouth. going by my own estimate, I'm in the region between 3.5-3.6 CGPA...I'm feeling down and been brooding for days, the funniest part is that I always contributes to class discussions but lately i have put a stop to it.

I did quite well in my 100'level both semester. Can I still forged ahead... Is first class still feasible?

Please i need help and want to re-strtategised!
Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by arthurwillia(m): 11:54pm On Jul 31, 2021
After all my hardwork
School gave me 4.47
I’m so done

1 Like

Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by Wickedfact: 12:38am On Aug 01, 2021

Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by Gadafii: 5:14am On Aug 01, 2021
Congratulations bro, I envy ur zeal

But once you graduate, you will still come and learn hand work or do that Yahoo u have been running away from, because this country no dey value education and educated people again, no better job for them, no beautiful rewards for people that graduate toobof their classes... school na scam in this present dispensation, but education is not tho, get educated cos Nigeria is still gonna be great, after it's seperated tho

Congrats onces again, keep it up

2 Likes

Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by MONEY247: 6:46am On Aug 01, 2021
What is the course your studying...!!
Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by Chibuezem(m): 7:11am On Aug 01, 2021
Satanisreal:

Obviously Sir.
The change was necessary.
yes my brother keep it up

1 Like

Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by WantsandMore: 9:40am On Aug 01, 2021
During my HND days, I read like mad through my My first year, men the stress was so much I began to have nightmares & shit, zero social cycle , but that effort paid off eventually , recognized by the Rector as a letter of recommendation was sent to me, highest cgpa pointers @ the time , departmental awards up and down, in my second year, finals , I just calmed down for Jesus, I flex ehn, I just realize say as school chop me, I must chop school too, I no go lie it was awesome , dem carry me go competition lodge me for 4 star hotel , girls been wan Dey around the boy ,but I no lose focus cos distinction was the goal and I did get but not without getting a D grade in one of my courses . Omo truth be say for this life network oh cos good grades ain’t enough nowadays.

1 Like

Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by redartmooon: 11:06am On Aug 01, 2021
Good one...
I belive that every student has it in him/her to make it, The school system is not hard, difficult you might say but definitely not hard...
Just be ahead of your lecturers on every topic and course andsee wonders.

1 Like

Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 01, 2021
michresakidjo:

Bro I'm motivated

I'm currently in your shoe though i still have like two courses result yet to be released but the ones i have had so far leave bad taste in my mouth. going by my own estimate, I'm in the region between 3.5-3.6 CGPA...I'm feeling down and been brooding for days, the funniest part is that I always contributes to class discussions but lately i have put a stop to it.

I did quite well in my 100'level both semester. Can I still forged ahead... Is first class still feasible?

Please i need help and want to re-strtategised!
You're hardworking bro.
Just make sure to read ahead and attend classes, participate in class activities and sometimes try to identify with lecturers if you experience difficulty in their courses, some of them loves that.
As for the First class, make sure to calculate your GP properly and if improvement is needed work on it.
Kudos!
Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 02, 2021
youngking22:
Is your school closer to home?
Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by youngking22(m): 9:14am On Aug 02, 2021
Satanisreal:

Is your school closer to home?
No, I spend about #500 on transportation daily...
Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by olamoses75(m): 12:09am On Aug 03, 2021
Satanisreal:
Nobody is a failure.
how come you have less than 2.0 as gpa and you are not withdraw from your department? I think anything below 2.0 will prompt the school to transfer you to a lesser department, while below 1.5 means you will be withdrawn from the university (expel). Someone should,please shed more light on this. Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 03, 2021
olamoses75:
how come you have less than 2.0 as gpa and you are not withdraw from your department? I think anything below 2.0 will prompt the school to transfer you to a lesser department, while below 1.5 means you will be withdrawn from the university (expel). Someone should,please shed more light on this. Congrats bro

I actually inquired about this but my school system is different.
This is a federal school though, so if a student gets less than 1.0, the student is withdrawn and less than 1.5 is probation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

University Of Ilorin (unilorin) Diploma/direct-entry/pre-degree Form For 2015/16 / Top 12 People With Highest IQ In The World / Queen Idia College Students Receive Lectures In Such A Shameful Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.