Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,551 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Sienna Misfires When Fuel Is Low - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sienna Misfires When Fuel Is Low (1011 Views)

How To Diagnose And Fix Engine Misfires / Fuel Is Now Selling For 200 - 230 In Filling Stations And Everyone Is Silent / What Happen When Fuel Is Poured Into Plug Hole In Engine Section Of A Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sienna Misfires When Fuel Is Low by Gaddafi1: 5:32pm On Nov 25, 2019
My 2002 Toyota Sienna does not fire well when fuel in the tank is low but once tank is filled the vehicle moves very well.
I have been driving for over twenty years but have never experienced it. Please my people advise me on how to solve this problem. Thanks.
Re: Sienna Misfires When Fuel Is Low by Mutemenot(m): 5:34pm On Nov 25, 2019
Drop the tank n do thorough washing . Change the fuel pump complete if it's bad

1 Like

Re: Sienna Misfires When Fuel Is Low by Gaddafi1: 8:42pm On Nov 25, 2019
Most times the vehicle shows hesitation when you step on the throttle
Re: Sienna Misfires When Fuel Is Low by domack99(m): 5:28pm On Nov 26, 2019
Mutemenot:
Drop the tank n do thorough washing . Change the fuel pump complete if it's bad

I don't think he need to change the fuel pump. let him just wash the fuel tank and change or wash the fuel filter attached to the fuel pump assembly

1 Like

Re: Sienna Misfires When Fuel Is Low by EngRichie: 7:08pm On Nov 26, 2019
Check fuel pump assembly/housing.

1 Like

Re: Sienna Misfires When Fuel Is Low by Gaddafi1: 12:30pm On Nov 27, 2019
Thanks for the advise, I will visit the mechanic workshop on Saturday.
Re: Sienna Misfires When Fuel Is Low by femmy2010(m): 12:37pm On Nov 27, 2019
Dirty or bad fuel pump or the tank needs to be brought down and the damaged part straightened to allow reading of fuel at the lowest point of the tank.

1 Like

Re: Sienna Misfires When Fuel Is Low by paix(m): 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2019
Check and confirm if the fuel gauge is giving you the correct level. The actual tank level could be lower than the gauge is showing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost To Ship Cars From Atlanta To Nigeria / Toyota Camry 01 Vs Hunda Accord 04 / 63 Units Of Brand New 2020 Model Baw Hummer Bus For Sale (ph)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.