Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth (634 Views)

The Meek / Why The Meek And Nice People Of The World Suffer While The Wicked Prosper / The Meek (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth by PastorAde: 8:28am On Nov 22, 2010
[center]The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth[/center]

The highest heavens belong to the Lord, but the earth he has given to man (Psalm 115:16)

A little while, and the wicked shall be no more; though you look for them, they will not be found. But the meek shall inherit the earth and enjoy great peace (Psalm 37:10-11).

Now Moses was a very humble (meek) man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth (Numbers 12:3).
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth (Matthew 5:5).

Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am meek and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls (Matthew 11:28-29).

This earth is a large, massive expanse of both land and water. It is a big estate owned by God, the creator. After God created everything on earth – trees, vegetation, sea, animals, etc, - He created Adam to oversee, manage, and have dominion over the earth. As a matter of fact, God gave this earth to man as an inheritance (see Psalm 115: 16 above). But Adam’s management and dominion over the earth was short-lived in that through his disobedience to God’s command by eating the forbidden fruit, he lost the power and dominion and the inheritance. Satan the deceiver then became the god of this world.

The consequence of Adam’s disobedience is that sin entered the world and all kinds of people – the righteous, the wicked – inhabited the earth.

The word “meek” is defined as humbly patient, overly submissive or compliant. This definition of the word “meek” suits Adam before the fall. He was overly submissive or compliant to God’s commands. But he broke one command and became a sinner and lost the inheritance, i.e., the earth. God promised in the Scriptures above that the meek shall inherit the earth.
Moses in the Old Testament of the Bible was described as being the meekest man in all the earth. The Israelites were slaves in Egypt for many years. King Pharaoh was their task master. God used Moses to deliver them from Pharaoh’s bondage.
There is a greater bondage men are in today in the world. It is the bondage to sin and death. Man was ensnared in this bondage after the fall of Adam. At the fullness of time God sent Jesus Christ – the meek and humble – to deliver the whole world from the bondage of sin and death. He died for us all and destroyed the destroyer (the devil) on the cross of Calvary. As many as believe in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life. For you to inherit the earth, you have to be submissive or compliant to God’s command. God’s command regarding your salvation is: “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved – you and your household.” Will you inherit the earth? Will you be saved? If so, pray this prayer aloud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior, in Jesus’ Precious Name, Amen.

For prayers and counseling: write, call, or email: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. P.O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja. Tel. 08033155417. Email: josey500@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Jesuigeria / Is It Right 4 Christians To Join The Millitary? / Part 21. How Should We Overcome The Spirit Of The Seven Heads And Ten Horns?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.