Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Brescia President And Mario Balotelli In Fresh Racism War - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brescia President And Mario Balotelli In Fresh Racism War (512 Views)

Mario Balotelli Kicks Ball Into Crowd, Walks Off Pitch After Racist Abuse(photos / Mario Balotelli Pays Bar Owner ₦811k To Drive Scooter Into Sea Wearing Only Pant / Mario Balotelli Scores Bicycle Kick, Gets Phone & Records Celebration Live. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Brescia President And Mario Balotelli In Fresh Racism War by hassan4: 8:52pm On Nov 25, 2019
Brescia insist Massimo Cellino's controversial 'black' remark about Mario Balotelli was just wordplay as the President refuses to apologise.

Cellino claimed Balotelli was “feeling gloomy” when asked about the striker after he was dropped for Brescia's 3-0 defeat to Roma on Sunday.

However, the Sardinian's use of the word ‘nero’, which can be translated to 'black' as well as 'gloomy', sparked controversy.

The club has since released a statement claiming that Cellino was only "joking" and had sought to "protect the player".

“Concerning the comments made this afternoon by President Massimo Cellino, referring to our player Mario Balotelli, Brescia Calcio state that it was a joke, where the paradox was clear," it read.

"[It was] blatanly misunderstood and made in an attempt to defuse the media exposure and protect the player.”

ANSA then pressed Cellino on whether he stood by his remarks.

“If you write all the rubbish I say, I’ll tell you not to stop writing,” he told the news agency.

“I don’t have to clear my name with regards to something I don’t believe in.

“Do you know what the tragic thing is? You [journalists] don’t know what the hell to write.

“If I clarify to those who have asked me to make clarifications, I’ll do even more damage. Good people know me.”

It is also possible the 63-year-old was trying to say 'inc***ato nero', which is a common expletive in italian.

Source: https://castgist.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=26678

Mynd44, lalasticlala, Seun, OAM4J

(1) (Reply)

The Big Match: How To Watch Joshua Vs Ruiz 2 / E Don Drop! Today Sure Ligue 1 Correct Score. Game Starts 8:45pm / Jose Mourinho Interviewed Himself During Tottenham's Transfer Deadline Day Press

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.