Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

School Feeding Programme My Top Priority – Minister - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / School Feeding Programme My Top Priority – Minister (161 Views)

Nigeria Top Priority Under African Development Bank Africa Emergency Food Plan / Help Me Out:who Can Help Me Programme My Blog's Login Page? / Who Don Chop For The School Feeding Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

School Feeding Programme My Top Priority – Minister by Leadership86(f): 6:42am On Nov 26, 2019
School Feeding Programme My Top Priority – Minister

Blessing Bature, Abuja

The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq has said that the Home Grown School Feeding programme is one of her top priorities.

Farouk stated this on Monday in Abuja while reacting to news in some quarters that she had refused to approve payments for vendors in Lagos, Imo, Kogi and Benue States.

The Special Assistant to the Minister, Halima Oyedele said in a press statement that " Since my appointment as Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, I have severally reaffirmed my commitment to delivering on the vision of His Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari to lift 100 million people in Nigeria out of poverty in 10 years.

“I am therefore very much aware of the importance of the Home Grown School Feeding Programme.”

She added that the School Feeding Programme and other Social Investment Programmes are part of the President’s cardinal campaign promises that are of utmost importance to him, noting that it will be irresponsible for the Ministry not to attach the requisite significance to it.

The Minister reiterated that the school feeding programme as well as other components of the National Social Investment Programmes and other interventions domiciled in the Ministry remain priorities of utmost importance to her personally.

“‘it is disheartening to note that some individuals are bent on discrediting efforts of the Ministry and government to provide lasting support and succour to the less privileged and needy among us by peddling unfounded and unconfirmed stories to distract government and the good people of Nigeria,” she said.

stressed that the minister has never unjustifiably refused or delay approval to pay vendors.

“The Ministry therefore needs to categorically state that, the Minister has never unjustifiably refused/delay approval to pay to any Vendor.

“Delays with the payment of Vendors in four States were informed by some internal processes and due diligence that needed to be carried out.

“The Minister wishes to assure all Nigerians that under her watch all the processes of the NSIP programme and other interventions will be transparent and transformational,” Oyedele stated.

(1) (Reply)

N10bn Airlines Debts: NCAA Introduces Automation To Prevent New Debts / Mercy On Us..crown Abah / Serious Buyer Looking For A Trusted Car Dealer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.