Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Are You Feeling Overwhelmed Today? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are You Feeling Overwhelmed Today? (172 Views)

feeling Overwhelmed?...do This... / FG Not Overwhelmed By Security Challenges -lai Mohammed / Jumia Website Overwhelmed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You Feeling Overwhelmed Today? by Btruth: 6:52am On Nov 26, 2019
Are You Feeling Overwhelmed Today?

Tue, 26 Nov 2019

‘I am worn out from sighing and can find no rest.’ Jeremiah 45:3 NLT

Some of the people we admire in Scripture experienced times when they felt ‘worn out’, yet unable to rest. Jeremiah said, ‘I am overwhelmed with trouble! Haven’t I had enough pain already? And now the Lord has added more! I am worn out from sighing and can find no rest.’ (Jeremiah 45:3 NLT)

The psalmist put it this way: ‘I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.’ (Psalm 27:13 NKJV) Then he goes on to say: ‘I cry to You for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety, for You are my safe refuge, a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me. Let me live forever in Your sanctuary, safe beneath the shelter of Your wings!’ (Psalm 61:2–4 NLT)

If you’re feeling overwhelmed today, take a minute to pray this prayer: ‘Lord, it feels like the weight of the world is on my shoulders and I know this isn’t Your will. Teach me to cast my worries and concerns on You, knowing that You have promised to take care of me (see 1 Peter 5:7). Give me courage to change the things I can, grace to accept the things I can’t, and wisdom to know the difference. Never let me become so busy that I forsake my quiet time with You. Teach me to be still and know that You’re my God (see Psalm 46:10). Thank You for being my refuge; a very present help in this time of trouble (see Psalm 46:1). In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.’

(1) (Reply)

How To Make N50,000 Per Month With Recharge And Get Paid Business / Africa Asia Pacific Economic Conference 2020 Sydney Australia / Artillery,aba Road Had Been Block

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.