Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,653 members, 7,844,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Which Way For Half-casts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Way For Half-casts (899 Views)

Biafra Casts Long Shadow Over Nigeria, Nearly 50 Years On - Yahoo / Gov .danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Casts Vote In Suntai Ward / Photos: Smiling President Jonathan Casts His Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Way For Half-casts by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 24, 2007
Forgive the derogatory word half-cast I have used to describe my topic.

I am a Nigerian male with a white English mother and black Igbo father. ( Grew up for 27 years in Nigeria ) so spent most of my life there.

In Nigeria, I am called Oyinbo (even though I can speak Igbo more than most Igbos) and I can resist most area boys from my experience working in Idumota.

And it certainly does my head-in when In England I am called a Mulatto.

I married an igbo wife to make me more Igbo and Nigerian. But sometimes she calls me Oyinbo ( even though she forgets all about my Oyinbo status during one of her female tantrums grin ) . So that defeats my purpose in the first place.

In Nigeria for example I cannot be president and likewise here in the UK I cannot be prime minister because of dual interests.

Whose fault is it anyway ??

grin
Re: Which Way For Half-casts by Iman3(m): 5:24pm On May 24, 2007
You can't be Nigerian President anyway because you are an Igbo man and you can be British PM cos you are half black,so what's your point? grin Don't tell me you are a Catholic,that makes it even worse for your PM ambitions grin
Re: Which Way For Half-casts by ijogbon(m): 6:16pm On May 24, 2007
@Frosbel
Oyinbo, how now? grin
Re: Which Way For Half-casts by fromuk(m): 7:13pm On May 24, 2007
I-man

You can't be Nigerian President anyway because you are an Igbo man Pls explain.
Re: Which Way For Half-casts by DisGuy: 10:48pm On May 24, 2007
I-man:

You can't be Nigerian President anyway because you are an Igbo man and you can be British PM because you are half black,so what's your point? grin Don't tell me you are a Catholic,that makes it even worse for your PM ambitions grin

grin grin

fromuk:

I-man
You can't be Nigerian President anyway because you are an Igbo man Please explain.

another strategically and highly educated Igbo man is getting paid by the 'others' to scupper his plan

(1) (Reply)

Fashola- Supporters Please Come In And Educate Me: / Let's Score Obj Administaration / : Tension In Awka, 500 Policemen Deployed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.