Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 (1252 Views)

Allahu Akbar!!!. Identities Of Colonel Abducted And Killed By Islamic Terrorists / Odumegwu Ojukwu & Bianca's Traditional Wedding (Throwback Photos) / Y M Dodo: Buhari Decorates Aide-De-Campe As He Attains The Rank Of Colonel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by JonDon12: 1:02am On Nov 27, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZPcCetRBzI&t=279s

[img]https://2.bp..com/-TMwdtslg2EM/WwvGC98N99I/AAAAAAAADAo/fsdECppDE2QcEP_CeZ9INPJciXROcpx8QCLcBGAs/s1600/33599541_1872317269491810_2307057192173305856_n.jpg[/img]

If you have no data; some selected Quotes;

What happened was that Nigerians decided that they would like to put a final solution to Igbo problem. They unleashed a massacre. We tried to contain them; they unleashed a second wave more vicious than the previous one. I looked upon the situation, did the best I could for our people who were scattered all over Nigeria. I said okay, this is our boundary. If you can find your way back to within this area, whatever there is within this area would be shared amongst all of us. You have as much right here as anybody who happened to be here. That actually is another way of seeing the declaration of Biafra and they had a goal and aim in their flight. The other thing to bear in mind is that we didn’t really wage a war. What we did was resist Gowon’s coup d’état and I hope that he would enter the Guinness Book of Records as the person who has waged a coup longer than any body else because the whole three years, he was actually trying to legitimize his coup.
9 July, 2001, as quoted by Rudolph Okonkwo, My Last Interview With Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu - Rudolf Okonkwo, Sahara Reporters (26 November, 2011)

We do not ask for pity. We make no apologies for the social phenomenon known as the Biafran revolution; rather, we proclaim with pride the inevitability of our struggle, the indestructability of our people, and the assured finality of our success.

We are humans. We live. We fight, fight because the decision to be free is a decision taken freely and collectively, because to become involved in violent struggle for freedom is the only honor left to an oppressed people threatened with genocide, because in the final analysis the only true bulwark against death is to live. Biafra rejects death…Biafra lives.

The worst thing about Nigeria is that here is a nation that has so much potential but the only problem is that everybody seems unprepared to face the problems or the realities of the Nigerian situation. There is absolutely no way you can look at the Nigerian federation, the way it was conceived, and say it is a good federation. One of the federating units is bigger than the other units. The other thing is that everything that has worked in Nigeria, or appears to have worked, seems very much to have been an imposition. The idea that sovereignty belongs to the Nigerian people is all fiction as far as Nigeria is concerned.

I must warn all Easterners once again to remain vigilant. The East will never be intimidated, nor will she acquiesce to any form of dictation. It is not our intention to play the aggressor. Nonetheless, it is not our intention to be slaughtered in our beds, We are ready to defend our homeland.
Fellow countrymen and women, on Aburi We Stand. There will be no compromise. God grant peace in our time.

5 Likes

Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by Mrstryka(m): 1:10am On Nov 27, 2019
Your memory lives on EZEIGBO GBURUGBURU IKEMBA NDI IGBO

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:14am On Nov 27, 2019
Ikemba cool
Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by JonDon12: 1:17am On Nov 27, 2019
If you have no data; some selected Quotes;

What happened was that Nigerians decided that they would like to put a final solution to Igbo problem. They unleashed a massacre. We tried to contain them; they unleashed a second wave more vicious than the previous one. I looked upon the situation, did the best I could for our people who were scattered all over Nigeria. I said okay, this is our boundary. If you can find your way back to within this area, whatever there is within this area would be shared amongst all of us. You have as much right here as anybody who happened to be here. That actually is another way of seeing the declaration of Biafra and they had a goal and aim in their flight. The other thing to bear in mind is that we didn’t really wage a war. What we did was resist Gowon’s coup d’état and I hope that he would enter the Guinness Book of Records as the person who has waged a coup longer than any body else because the whole three years, he was actually trying to legitimize his coup.
9 July, 2001, as quoted by Rudolph Okonkwo, My Last Interview With Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu - Rudolf Okonkwo, Sahara Reporters (26 November, 2011)

We do not ask for pity. We make no apologies for the social phenomenon known as the Biafran revolution; rather, we proclaim with pride the inevitability of our struggle, the indestructability of our people, and the assured finality of our success.

We are humans. We live. We fight, fight because the decision to be free is a decision taken freely and collectively, because to become involved in violent struggle for freedom is the only honor left to an oppressed people threatened with genocide, because in the final analysis the only true bulwark against death is to live. Biafra rejects death…Biafra lives.

The worst thing about Nigeria is that here is a nation that has so much potential but the only problem is that everybody seems unprepared to face the problems or the realities of the Nigerian situation. There is absolutely no way you can look at the Nigerian federation, the way it was conceived, and say it is a good federation. One of the federating units is bigger than the other units. The other thing is that everything that has worked in Nigeria, or appears to have worked, seems very much to have been an imposition. The idea that sovereignty belongs to the Nigerian people is all fiction as far as Nigeria is concerned.

I must warn all Easterners once again to remain vigilant. The East will never be intimidated, nor will she acquiesce to any form of dictation. It is not our intention to play the aggressor. Nonetheless, it is not our intention to be slaughtered in our beds, We are ready to defend our homeland.
Fellow countrymen and women, on Aburi We Stand. There will be no compromise. God grant peace in our time.

1 Like

Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by IGBOSON1: 1:19am On Nov 27, 2019
RIP Uncle Emeka! smiley

2 Likes

Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by JonDon12: 1:25am On Nov 27, 2019
wow great picture
Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by Omoodua007: 1:28am On Nov 27, 2019
Run away coward that died out of frustration
Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by JonDon12: 1:28am On Nov 27, 2019

2 Likes

Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by ursullalinda(f): 1:44am On Nov 27, 2019
Omoodua007:

But still better than your generation.......learn to respect people's believe and opinion.....it's called maturity.....you don't have to show the world you are a kid....thank you

5 Likes

Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by phe44u(m): 1:44am On Nov 27, 2019
Nawa for you undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by ludd2018: 1:49am On Nov 27, 2019
At some point your father was the richest man in Nigeria and you sacrificed your fathers wealth for the freedom of your people when your people were being massacred all over Nigeria and you declared biafra as a safe haven for your people and after Nigeria reneged on ABURI accord .

The reason for which you fought is still there and your kids and your grand kids have taken up from where you stopped to actualize your dream of having our home land Biafra for Nigeria hates us and not for us .

You warned Nigeria after the war to take care of Biafrans fairly otherwise the Biafran Kids will grow up and demand for Biafra and that is exactly happening and this time Biafra must surely come because NK and his team is approaching it with more wisdom .

3 Likes

Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by ludd2018: 1:50am On Nov 27, 2019
phe44u:
Nawa for you undecided

Hater spotted and awolowo committed suicide

1 Like

Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by Omoodua007: 1:57am On Nov 27, 2019
ursullalinda:

But still better than your generation.......learn to respect people's believe and opinion.....it's called maturity.....you don't have to show the world you are a kid....thank you

After all the mouth to wipe out Lagos he met imminent defeat in ore ondo chai
Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by Omoodua007: 1:58am On Nov 27, 2019
ludd2018:

Hater spotted and ojuku committed suicide
Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by abbaapple: 2:13am On Nov 27, 2019
angry

Why celebrating Coward huh Ojukwu is a bloody coward! Coward died many times before his Death!!! He went to exile and allow us to suffer!!! Spits!

Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by youngmonie: 2:14am On Nov 27, 2019
Run forest run...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by IGBOSON1: 2:25am On Nov 27, 2019
Omoodua007:

After all the mouth to wipe out Lagos he met imminent defeat in ore ondo chai

Probably there would have been no need to send Biafra soldiers to the west if you lot had the balls to tell the Fulani soldiers, using the west as military high command, to fuc/k off your land and go plan and conduct their genocidal war from their own territory up north!

4 Likes

Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by Omoodua007: 2:59am On Nov 27, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Probably there would have been no need to send Biafra soldiers to the west if you lot had the balls to tell the Fulani soldiers, using the west as military high command, to fuc/k off your land and go plan and conduct their genocidal war from their own territory up north!

Fulani soldiers like Obasanjo & Black Scorpion

Your attempt to annex Yoruba land failed woefully
Not even an inch of Yoruba land was lost
Can’t say the same for biafla
Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by itsme01: 4:29am On Nov 27, 2019
grin

the coward that ran off from a battle after earing of Obasanjo's men comming closer

Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by Racoon(m): 7:02am On Nov 27, 2019
The worst thing about Nigeria is that here is a nation that has so much potential but the only problem is that everybody seems unprepared to face the problems or the realities of the Nigerian situation.

There is absolutely no way you can look at the Nigerian federation, the way it was conceived, and say it is a good federation.One of the federating units is bigger than the other units.

The other thing is that everything that has worked in Nigeria, or appears to have worked, seems very much to have been an imposition. The idea that sovereignty belongs to the Nigerian people is all fiction as far as Nigeria is concerned.
Words on marble.

1 Like

Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by kwalangida1: 7:06am On Nov 27, 2019
[s]
itsme01:
grin

the coward that ran off from a battle after earing of Obasanjo's men comming closer

[/s]
Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by gidgiddy: 7:47am On Nov 27, 2019
The people who accuse Ojukwu of fighting for freedom and running away are those who have never fought for their own freedom talkless of getting to the stage of running away

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by gidgiddy: 8:59am On Nov 27, 2019
Omoodua007:

Yoruba land was already annexed, Ojukwu was coming to free them. You mean the same Yoruba land that the Northerners went to Ibadan and killed the Yoruba Military Governor of the Western Region, Lt Col Fajuyi

The Northerners then marched down to Lagos and chased away the Yoruba man who was supposed to be president, Brigadier Ogundipe, and replaced him with a junior ranked Northerner called Gowon.

Yorubas could do nothing as the Northerners held them hostage in their own land. Had they been people who had any shred of dignity, they would have chased the Northerners out of Yoruba land for desecrating Yoruba land in such ways. But Yorubas had no fight in them

What is worst is that when the same Yorubas, who could not fight for their dignity, see Ojukwu, they call him a coward even though Ojukwu stood and fought for 3 years.

Yorubas who should be ashamed that Obasanjo and Adekunle were busy fighting for the North rather than Yoruba land.

Ojukwu fought for the freedom of his people, Yorubas will never be able to produce an Ojukwu who will fight for their freedom

3 Likes

Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by FatherBona: 9:44am On Nov 27, 2019
[s]
abbaapple:
angry

Why celebrating Coward huh Ojukwu is a bloody coward! Coward died many times before his Death!!! He went to exile and allow us to suffer!!! Spits!
[/s]
That photo of your dad is so cute grin

2 Likes

Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by Omoodua007: 1:52pm On Nov 27, 2019
gidgiddy:

Yoruba land was already annexed, Ojukwu was coming to free them. You mean the same Yoruba land that the Northerners went to Ibadan and killed the Yoruba Military Governor of the Western Region, Lt Col Fajuyi

The Northerners then marched down to Lagos and chased away the Yoruba man who was supposed to be president, Brigadier Ogundipe, and replaced him with a junior ranked Northerner called Gowon.

Yorubas could do nothing as the Northerners held them hostage in their own land. Had they been people who had any shred of dignity, they would have chased the Northerners out of Yoruba land for desecrating Yoruba land in such ways. But Yorubas had no fight in them

What is worst is that when the same Yorubas, who could not fight for their dignity, see Ojukwu, they call him a coward even though Ojukwu stood and fought for 3 years.

Yorubas who should be ashamed that Obasanjo and Adekunle were busy fighting for the North rather than Yoruba land.

Ojukwu fought for the freedom of his people, Yorubas will never be able to produce an Ojukwu who will fight for their freedom

This is from the studios of Chinua Achebe
Yoruba land was never annexed
I know you all come up with this story to help soften the impact that you lost a war
Lagos was the FCT so it’s natural for FG presence just as we have Abuja

That said
You tried to annex ore and not one inch of land was lost
The ever gallant Yorubas army sent a strong message to your leaders who boasted Yorubas were cowards

The Ogundipe story is about the first military coup not the civil war so stop lieing to yourself
Yoruba land has never been conquered
We may have fought and won and lost but we were never annexed
Can’t say the sane thing for Ipob that has now been reduced to powerless majority
Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by Omoodua007: 1:54pm On Nov 27, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Boring you lost period !
Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by somalianprince: 1:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
Ikemba Nnewi Eze igbo gburu gburu
Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2019
gidgiddy:

My brother, you need to start ignoring these people. The more you respond, the more they are happy. Let them wallow in ignorance and mumu.ness.

1 Like

Re: In Honor Of Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu R.I.P 4 Nov 1933 – 26 Nov 2011 by Dedetwo(m): 1:53am On Nov 28, 2019
Omoodua007:

Ranting of ant.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Richest Politicians And Their Net Worth..number 1 Will Shock You / Are Yorubas The One Holding Nigeria’s Unity ? How Will Amotekun End Nigeria / Corona: Azithromycin And Hydroxychloroquine To The Rescue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.