Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Wao! Do you Know This Man? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wao! Do you Know This Man? (655 Views)

Who Is This Man That Is Always Close To President Buhari? / See This Man's EYES as Obasanjo Reaches Out To Shake Buhari (Photo) / "See My Buhari, See Natural Love, This Man Don Win" - Man As PMB Storms Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wao! Do you Know This Man? by EzeJustme(m): 3:32am On Nov 27, 2019
I read this article and thought it's worth sharing.
shocked
This is Abdulkareem Idris.

A Nigerian. A widower and single father.

He recently became the face of the #lazynigerianyouth hashtag.

But how did he become this popular? Stay with me.

#LazyNigerianYouth" is a social media revolt by Nigerian youths against their President, Muhammadu Buhari .

While speaking at the Commonwealth Business Forum in Westminster On Wednesday, 18th April 2018, Buhari said, in response to an interview question about a totally unrelated topic, that a lot of Nigerian youth have not been to school but want everything free (including education and healthcare) because the country is an oil producing state. Invariably, he alluded that the average Nigerian youth was entitled and unwilling to work.

Young Nigerian youths soon took to social media to protest against the comment of the number one citizen of the country. In the course of this event, someone happened upon Abdulkareem when he was earning his daily bread for his single parent household. Abdulkareem could have been a street begger or resorted to online fraud and armed robbery but he didn't. He chose to earn his living the hardest but most honest way.

This is the face of the average Nigerian youth. Nigerian senators earn more than the president of the United States. They are one of the top paid in the world. They and their families fly abroad for medical treatment while the people in hospitals are dying because there's no oxygen to help them stay alive or a power outage happens during an operation. Despite all of these, they still have the effrontery to say we're lazy.

I have a friend whose monthly salary is $50. That was not a typo. When she finishes from her day job as a primary school teacher, she goes to a pharmacy for an evening shift. In addition to this, she sells clothing items on an e-commerce website. She has had a university degree for 7 years!

Even if the Nigerian youth was entitled, we actually have the right to be entitled.

The response from posting Abdulkareem’s photo on Twitter was positive. He has reportedly received a house, money to start a poultry farm and a phone call from the presidency.

It was great news to me though unfortunately, a lot of Nigerian youths are still left behind in the struggle.

Please, can we all take a moment to pay our respects to this #hardworkingNigerianyouth ?

Thank you!

Links
Abdulrahaim Idris, One Legged Man, Gets Help shocked
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazy_Nigerian_Youths

Re: Wao! Do you Know This Man? by CodeTemplar: 4:19am On Nov 27, 2019
inspirational.
Re: Wao! Do you Know This Man? by sweetonugbu: 5:05am On Nov 27, 2019
I am not a lazy youth, what about you?.
Re: Wao! Do you Know This Man? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:01am On Nov 27, 2019
I'm a Lazy Youth grin

(1) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Cries Out From EFCC Custody, Raises Critical Questions On Bribe Alleg / Radio Biafra Hausa Service, Listen To Hausa People With Common Sense Take Questi / Reconstructed Maryam Babangida Road Is Set For Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.