Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,352 members, 7,957,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:34 AM

Which Engineering Should I Go For. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Engineering Should I Go For. (1018 Views)

Which Of These Engineering Should He Choose / Please Advise, What Branch Of Electrical Engineering Should I Major In? / Which Engineering Course Is The Best To Study In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Engineering Should I Go For. by Kanoski(m): 12:38pm On Nov 27, 2019
Well as God will have it.
I just gained two admissions this year into the prestigious university of calabar.
One which is civil engineering gotten through my pre degree program, n the other electrical/electronics engineering gotten from jamb.
I like both courses bt am also considering the current unemployment condition in Nigeria.
I dearly need ur help, advice n contributions.
Thanks you
Re: Which Engineering Should I Go For. by blackpanthar: 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2019
Kanoski:
I just gained two admissions this year into the prestigious university of calabar.
One which is civil engineering gotten through my pre degree program, n the other electrical/electronics engineering gotten from jamb.
I like both courses bt am also considering the current unemployment condition in Nigeria.
Thanks you

well you are in Nigeria so your question is unforgivable.

How come by now you do not know what you want to do with your life?

so WE(who do not know you from anywhere) should choose your NEXT FOUR YEARS abi?

How careless are you with your destiny choices?

Bros, sit and think for yourself. Look at the society and make your research on which one suits your kind of person and will be always lucrative in Nigeria.

STOP GIVING YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO STRANGERS, It is simply being IRRESPONSIBLE.

Jah bless

1 Like

Re: Which Engineering Should I Go For. by Kanoski(m): 12:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
I don't see anything wrong with seeking advice from people who are older n experienced.
I know what I want..
Bt at the same time..I don't want to make wrong choices dat will affect my future

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Engineering Should I Go For. by Evangkatsoulis: 2:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
Kanoski:
Thanks you
Biomedical engineering
Re: Which Engineering Should I Go For. by Kanoski(m): 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

Biomedical engineering
Thank u.
Bt unical doesn't offer it
Re: Which Engineering Should I Go For. by InansBobo(m): 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2019
Kanoski:
Thanks you
their two working conditions are entirely different, so its easy to choose... both are ok
Re: Which Engineering Should I Go For. by Kanoski(m): 4:13pm On Nov 27, 2019
InansBobo:
their two working conditions are entirely different, so its easy to choose... both are ok
Thank you 4 ur advice sir bt I will also like to know the most preferable
Re: Which Engineering Should I Go For. by sunnychibs(m): 4:27pm On Nov 27, 2019
Go for electrical engineering
Re: Which Engineering Should I Go For. by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2019
Your interest supersede.

Basics of many engineering fields are thesame.
But on a more intricate level, what do you love, what's your interest.

Do you love things related to circutry, electricity and on the long run computing?? go for Electrical engineering.

If you like things related to building, surveying, and all those stuff go for civil.

If am in your situation, I will go for electrical engineering (That's my interest and fascination).
Re: Which Engineering Should I Go For. by Donmoscojaja(m): 4:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
Kanoski:
Thanks you

civil engineering
Re: Which Engineering Should I Go For. by InansBobo(m): 6:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
Kanoski:

Thank you 4 ur advice sir bt I will also like to know the most preferable
If it was me, I'd go for electrical but the reasons are personal so that cannot define your own choice
Re: Which Engineering Should I Go For. by Kanoski(m): 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2019
ANTONINEUTRON:
Your interest supersede.

Basics of many engineering fields are thesame.
But on a more intricate level, what do you love, what's your interest.

Do you love things related to circutry, electricity and on the long run computing?? go for Electrical engineering.

If you like things related to building, surveying, and all those stuff go for civil.

If am in your situation, I will go for electrical engineering (That's my interest and fascination).
Thanks 4 ur advice sir
Re: Which Engineering Should I Go For. by Kanoski(m): 8:26pm On Nov 27, 2019
sunnychibs:
Go for electrical engineering
Thanks u 4 ur response bt may I know why?
Re: Which Engineering Should I Go For. by pocohantas(f): 9:37pm On Nov 27, 2019

Current unemployment condition is most times due to;
1. Age discrimination.
2. Class of degree. First class, nearly first class or 2.2 and below
3. Type of degree. HND or BSc
4. Lack of opportunities and orientation.
5. Lack of connection.
6. Village people

Before we even start talking about the marketability of your course- when no be say you study the most useless course.

Do you have something new you want to show us or is it not the same engineering people have been studying since 1902? Choose anyone jare. They are both good.
Re: Which Engineering Should I Go For. by Kanoski(m): 9:13am On Nov 28, 2019
pocohantas:

Current unemployment condition is most times due to;
1. Age discrimination.
2. Class of degree. First class, nearly first class or 2.2 and below
3. Type of degree. HND or BSc
4. Lack of opportunities and orientation.
5. Lack of connection.
6. Village people

Before we even start talking about the marketability of your course- when no be say you study the most useless course.

Do you have something new you want to show us or is it not the same engineering people have been studying since 1902? Choose anyone jare. They are both good.
Thank you very much 4 ur advice.
Re: Which Engineering Should I Go For. by Dannonye(f): 10:52am On Nov 28, 2019
Elect Elect
You will be more flexible Civil is cool too
Electrical can be adapted in civil but civil can't be adapted into elect

I prefer biomedical sha
Re: Which Engineering Should I Go For. by Kanoski(m): 12:43pm On Nov 28, 2019
Dannonye:
Elect Elect

You will be more flexible
Civil is cool too

Electrical can be adapted in civil but civil can't be adapted into elect

I prefer biomedical sha
Thanks alot..
I really appreciate
Re: Which Engineering Should I Go For. by yusman14(m): 6:20pm On Nov 28, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

Biomedical engineering
It is still under materials science and engineering...
Re: Which Engineering Should I Go For. by yusman14(m): 6:24pm On Nov 28, 2019
I am still an undergraduate
electrical and electronics engineering is better..d benefits are there even as an undergraduate....
Re: Which Engineering Should I Go For. by Semtu(m): 8:19pm On Nov 28, 2019
Electrical engineering is the best option as far as I can tell. Electrical engineering encompassed numerous fields ranging from telecommunications to networking to computer engineering (just to mention but a few).

Studying electrical/electronics engineering makes opportunities virtually limitless especially if you are really good at it ( I mean practical work and not just book ).

But still, it boils down to your preferences. Go for any that you feel is best for you.

(1) (Reply)

See How UNIBEN Students Celebrated Exit Of Former VC / Please Help Me Solve This further Mathematics Questions / Where To Buy Crystal Meth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.