Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison (8104 Views)

Abdulaziz Dauda Sentenced To Death By Hanging / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above / Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by obyann(f): 4:31pm On Nov 23, 2010
zionic:

pay me 1/3rd of her loot and i will serve the 5 years for her, biko, who can seal the deal?, am game! cool

lol, and you'll be labelled ex-con
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by 1025: 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2010
Breaking News: Fg Strikes Deal With Siemens To Withdraw Charges

yes all the mumus of nairaland are here celebrating the arrest of one maggi thief while those who steal our billions are been ste free by our own federal govt.
st. jonathan has shown how corrupt minded he is and how he is intending to turn nigeria into a federal criminal infested country if by mistake he becomes the president. where on earth will a president strike a deal over corrupt leaders.
this is a shame of a country.
nigerians must stand up against jonathan as his is a glorified/modernized THIRD TERM AGENDA.
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by Homonide: 4:39pm On Nov 23, 2010
We should be ashamed as a Nation that people who have stolen from the public till are not being prosecuted in Nigeria but outside our shores. Regardless of how 'small' the sentence is, it is a welcome development in Nigeria. All we need to bring the thieves who have milked Nigeria dry to the book is a genuine system, where a credible, free and fair election can take place in order to elect a true and honest leader.
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by kobikwelu(m): 5:08pm On Nov 23, 2010
life moves on,

no need developing headache over such "usual" stories
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by texazzpete(m): 5:17pm On Nov 23, 2010
1025:

yes all the mumus of nairaland are here celebrating the arrest of one maggi thief while those who steal our billions are been ste free by our own federal govt.
st. jonathan has shown how corrupt minded he is and how he is intending to turn nigeria into a federal criminal infested country if by mistake he becomes the president. where on earth will a president strike a deal over corrupt leaders.
this is a shame of a country.
nigerians must stand up against jonathan as his is a glorified/modernized THIRD TERM AGENDA.

1. Siemens didn't 'steal our billions'. They paid bribes. Huge difference. You can't jail a company, you can only fine them.
2. Third Term Agenda? WTF?!
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by mentn007: 7:35pm On Nov 23, 2010
what is broke news?

all of u that are laughing can u do better.

instead of to read news u are correcting cool cool cool
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by marcus1234: 8:08pm On Nov 23, 2010
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by orgasm(m): 8:30pm On Nov 23, 2010
in as much the sentence is not commensurate with her crime i still believe they did far better than our judicial system.afterall bode george and cecilia ibru stole more and got less sentence. Is all a shame. but it sure sends a message to the numerous thieves in helms of affair in this country. God will judge you all
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by rhymz(m): 9:05pm On Nov 23, 2010
orgasm:

in as much the sentence is not commensurate with her crime i still believe they did far better than our judicial system.afterall bode george and cecilia ibru stole more and got less sentence. Is all a shame. but it sure sends a message to the numerous thieves in helms of affair in this country. God will judge you all
. . .at least she is going to get a mugshot. . Hahahaha. . .criminal. . .one down! Next is the Thief Himself.
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by uyilicious(f): 9:23pm On Nov 23, 2010
HA, and i used to really like her cry[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by monkeyleg: 9:28pm On Nov 23, 2010
^^^^ and why did you like her?
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by sweetmum(f): 9:36pm On Nov 23, 2010
mentn007:

what is broke news?

all of u that are laughing can u do better.

instead of to read news u are correcting cool cool cool

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by shemy: 9:54pm On Nov 23, 2010
uh, Odili case still baffles me up till now. The guy and the wife 's case is worse than Ibori own, but they move around freely.
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by udennaa: 10:14pm On Nov 23, 2010
shemy:

uh, Odili case still baffles me up till now. The guy and the wife 's case is worse than Ibori own, but they move around freely.
odili's wife is a judge so immunity covers him grin
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by omolayo1(m): 10:54pm On Nov 23, 2010
how i wish we(Nigerians) can contract looter cases abroad for judgement.
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 23, 2010
Good jury
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by buzugee(m): 12:04am On Nov 24, 2010
actually i think it is good for all the billions to be in britain because at least that way, the 2 million nigerians in england can enjoy some of the money via housing benefits, giros, health care, subsidized tuition, free drugs, jobs created because of the loot, grin grin if they return the money to nigeria none of us will see it grin grin grin

JK
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by jambya(m): 12:12am On Nov 24, 2010
I just wish one or two of our leaders could learn something from this judgement, I bet none, anyway, this is just the hard way and the only way for them to be rewarded for mismanaging our resources when in power. A well deserved judgement. However, Britico should return all our money back here o 'cos I don't trust those people for anything.
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by freecocoa(f): 12:29am On Nov 24, 2010
Please oh,am still ask,what did she did?is it the money she steal in naija or did she thief oyinbo people money?
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 24, 2010
~WAIT!~ What did she do?
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by rhymz(m): 7:17am On Nov 24, 2010
She was found complicit in the case of helping her husband to Launder money illegally into britain and some other properties illegally bought in the Uk using her name. God don catch all of them. The main criminal is her husband, am sure after the completion of the extradition from UAE to Britain to too, we will be getting his mugshot as well. His own to will be much bigger and worse.
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by Ikeobinna(m): 7:26am On Nov 24, 2010
What will happen to all the money, she stoled.
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by rhymz(m): 7:40am On Nov 24, 2010
Confiscated and perhaps returned to Delta Statement.
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by GeorgeD1(m): 9:07am On Nov 24, 2010
the noose is gradually tightening on the main target grin
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by Koikoi(m): 9:16am On Nov 24, 2010
i just wish they make the conditions in her jail similar to what we have here! maybe then she'll feel pain
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by 3kay945(m): 9:20am On Nov 24, 2010
this is good though, but its a shame on us as country. our judiciary cant convict these goats!
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by Pennywise(m): 11:28am On Nov 24, 2010
We can begin to expect result like this when the vestiges of Ibori and Aondoakaa namely Farida Waziri is removed from the EFCC.
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by akossyy: 12:47pm On Nov 24, 2010
HOME OF THIEVES,
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by monkeyleg: 1:34pm On Nov 24, 2010
Why dont we start by asking our president why he has decided to back someone who was Fingered in this same Money Laundering case. Has the President reacted to the jailing of an Ex-Govenors wife, in sensible countries, it would be proper so seek the presidents stance.

You wouldnt expect an ex-govenor of a state in the US to be jailed in Nigeria, and the US president not offering his reaction.

Well Nigeria is rotten to the core
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 24, 2010
^^You said "Nigeria is rotten to the core" let me tell you something I am no Conspiracist (not a real word i know), I  am no conspiracy-maniac but one thing is for sure some things do [too perfectly] and do not add up and basically any time there is corruption there is a third party FROM the "first world" trust me when I say so. Any negative dealings/mal practices by ppl of any gov. is being funded/supported/initiated by many from the outside. So Nigeria definitely is far from being the only corrupt country. Nigeria is being robbed in many ways by its own gov. and outside influences. There is a reason that money was not only stolen but taken to Britain.

rhymz:

She was found complicit in the case of helping her husband to Launder money illegally into britain and some other properties illegally bought in the Uk using her name. God don catch all of them. The main criminal is her husband, am sure after the completion of the extradition from UAE to Britain to too, we will be getting his mugshot as well. His own to will be much bigger and worse.

Thanks. Dang! And she is a black woman so there will be no pat on the wrists. This sounds like they are setting an example for someone/ppl.  undecided Cannot say that I am sure or unsure of her guilt but either way if she is guilty or innocent she will get what is coming to her. If her husband is involved (which I do not doubt) he is a WICKED man. He used her as a Guinea Pig for sure.
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by Michjoe: 4:27pm On Nov 24, 2010
how many trillion did she sneak into the white mans country that she was caught? but the husband was a good man. any way whatever happens i know that if na 4 9ja 5 years will be 5seconds. no be true? cool grin
Re: Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison by sundayogor(m): 5:14pm On Nov 24, 2010
Nigeria will not give her more than six months if at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin / South-west Has Largest Cannabis Farms – NDLEA / PDP Chairman Tukur Can't Climb Stairs, Relocates Office To Legacy House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.