Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:57 AM

Jose Mourinho Apologises To Eric Dier After Substituting Him In The 29th Minute - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jose Mourinho Apologises To Eric Dier After Substituting Him In The 29th Minute (634 Views)

Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows / Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match / It Is Up To Eric Dier To Prove He Can Be World Class - Mauricio Pochettino (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Apologises To Eric Dier After Substituting Him In The 29th Minute by PearlTV: 4:58pm On Nov 27, 2019

Jose Mourinho took time out after his Tottenham side pulled off a sublime comeback against Olympiacos, to make clear he had apologised to Eric Dier for substituting him after just 29 minutes.

Mourinho watched on as his new club conceded twice to Olympiacos, in a first half which was a shock to the system for Spurs inside their home stadium.

Taking drastic and immediate action, Mourinho hooked Dier in ruthless fashion in order to set up his side in a different formation and take the game to his Greek opposition.

The new Tottenham manager had to make the ruthless move after conceding two early goals

Explaining his actions following an impressive 4-2 victory, Mourinho told BT Sport: ‘The first thing I want to say is to do publicly what I did in the dressing room which is to apologise to Eric Dier.

‘It’s never easty for a player but I did it for the team. It was not for Eric playing badly, it was for the team to have different solutions.

Mourinho removed Dier in order to reshape his side and take a different tactical approach

‘I needed a second man with Dele Alli to come into the pockets and for that I just needed just one midfield player, so it was between Dier and Winks. It’s about the team it’s not about individuals.

‘The most important thing is done, we qualify for the next round. That was hard and they are a good team.

‘They attacked our self esteem and our self confidence. I didn’t expect our boys to feel this kind of pressure playing at half. Obviously not the best results in the past few months attacked their confidence.

SOURCE: https://pearlng.com/jose-mourinho-apologises-to-eric-dier-after-substituting-tottenham-star-in-the-29th-minute/

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho Apologises To Eric Dier After Substituting Him In The 29th Minute by PearlTV: 1:14pm On Nov 29, 2019
He had to make a decision and this one proved it was a correct one

(1) (Reply)

Deontay Wilder Rushed To The Hospital After Being Brutally Beaten By Tyson Fury / Samuel Chukwueze's Goal That Leads Villarreal To Victory [VIDEO] / EPL: Three Nigerian Stars Sign Deals With Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.