Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,494 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

How Can I Stop Drinking And Smoking - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can I Stop Drinking And Smoking (294 Views)

I’ll Stop Drinking from Sachet Water After Seeing This / Man's Skin Turns Yellow After Drinking And Smoking For Over 30 Years (photos) / 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Stop Drinking And Smoking by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 27, 2019
Hello Nairalanders!

This is a serious topic and should not be taken for a joke

I've been drinking and smoking since 1999 till date. There's no day that passes that I don't drink nor smoke. Now that I'm 40 it's time I quit these harmful habits completely. I've tried many methods but none has worked. I've seen people die of cancer caused by these habits yet it didn't moved me. Doctors have given some things that didn't work in any way. I have done everything my mind told me to do and they didn't work.

I love my family and I want to be alive for them all. Don't want my 5 kids to suffer because of my stupid lifestyle. Also don't want my wife to cry because of me. My parents love me so much and I don't want to die before them. I love Nigeria and it's drama, I dont want to miss any episode. I still want to be alive to read funny comments on Nairaland, twitter and Instagram.

I need advice ONLY from those matured minds who were once into these habits. How did you do it? Please, tell me oh na beg I dey.

Lalasticalala, kindly move to the promise land and save a soul.
Re: How Can I Stop Drinking And Smoking by taylor89(m): 9:19pm On Nov 27, 2019
shocked
Re: How Can I Stop Drinking And Smoking by youngsahito(m): 9:26pm On Nov 27, 2019
AmiciLord:
Hello Nairalanders!

This is a serious topic and should not be taken for a joke

I've been drinking and smoking since 1999 till date. There's no day that passes that I don't drink nor smoke. Now that I'm 40 it's time I quit these harmful habits completely. I've tried many methods but none has worked. I've seen people die of cancer caused by these habits yet it didn't moved me. Doctors have given some things that didn't work in any way. I have done everything my mind told me to do and they didn't work.

I love my family and I want to be alive for them all. Don't want my 5 kids to suffer because of my stupid lifestyle. Also don't want my wife to cry because of me. My parents love me so much and I don't want to die before them. I love Nigeria and it's drama, I dont want to miss any episode. I still want to be alive to read funny comments on Nairaland, twitter and Instagram.

I need advice ONLY from those matured minds who were once into these habits. How did you do it? Please, tell me oh na beg I dey.

Lalasticalala, kindly move to the promise land and save a soul.
speechless
Re: How Can I Stop Drinking And Smoking by kestolove95(m): 9:36pm On Nov 27, 2019
U smoke u die, u don't smoke u die, so y not enjoy ur life while it last

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Drinking And Smoking by NaijaDonCast(m): 9:59pm On Nov 27, 2019
kestolove95:
today's best comment
Re: How Can I Stop Drinking And Smoking by NaijaDonCast(m): 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2019
the best way to stop smoking is never to start smoking, my nigga roll your blunt and puff your qub
Re: How Can I Stop Drinking And Smoking by olabrinks(f): 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2019
The guy doesn’t want to die prematurely. He doesn’t want to die of severe health isssues. He wants to be in a better condition health wise for his children, as I’m sure he’s already starting to see the health effects at the young age of 40. Yes we all must die, w the short life we have, who wants to be in and out of the hospital, paranoid, unhealthy from a young age and dealing with the consequences of smoking and drinking. Let the man change ahbeg.

The only advice I can give is to withdraw slowly. Reduce your amount weekly, then daily, then from there you will stop completely. You need discipline and patience. You might relapse but you need to be determined to quit. It’s the thing of the mind, nothing and nobody can be responsible for your life. Doctors, family, and others can only do so much to help you, but the determination in your mind to quit the habit will be method for your success. Goodluck and start today.
kestolove95:
Re: How Can I Stop Drinking And Smoking by ZiriMane(m): 12:40am On Nov 28, 2019
nicotine is addictive that is a fact and it is found notably in tobbaco and coffee.
smoking is difficult to stop which you have seen firsthand therefore it needs determination and skill to break free from its addiction. To stop smoking you need to:

1. have the mindset that you want to stop for the best of reasons you can find.
2. reduce the amount of smoke you have daily gradually e.g (11 -10, 10-9, 9-8 etc)
3. get busy with something that would make smoking inconveniencing for u when the urge comes e.g visit your counselor, get down to work, visit your pastor or go to church if you are a christian.
4.replace the urge for nicotine in cigarettes with coffe drinks.
5. avoid friends who smoke, or hangouts where cigarettes are sold or smoked.

there are many ways to stop smoking but there isn't any short route to outrightly stop.

it's a gradual process. don't relent
Re: How Can I Stop Drinking And Smoking by ogawisdom(m): 6:13am On Nov 28, 2019
It's requires strong will power and self discipline

Quit smoking first by not smoking for 21 days

While quitting smoking u can be drinking like twice weekly to be consoling yourself while at it.

After 6 months of not smoking then u can start drinking sparingly say once in 2 weeks, then monthly, then occasionally n finally u quit

(1) (Reply)

New For Medical Doctors Who Wish To Be Consultants/fellows / 5 Natural Ways To Increase Your Penis Size (no. 1 And 2 Are Incredible) / Tips For Saving Your Skin From Sunburn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.