Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

EXCLUSIVE: Black Face Apologises To 2baba - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / EXCLUSIVE: Black Face Apologises To 2baba (309 Views)

“amaka Cover”(reply To 2baba)- Okaygee / BLACK Face : Blue Print On How To Be A Colossal Failure / New Video: Mi2 – Letter To 2baba (prod. Mi2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXCLUSIVE: Black Face Apologises To 2baba by Sultanchidi(m): 10:33pm On Nov 27, 2019
Afro-pop singer, Ahmedu ‘Black Face’ Obiabo, has issued an apology to his colleague, Innocent ‘2baba’ Idibia.

The apology comes on the heels of the out-of-court settlement for their ongoing copyright infringement battle in Lagos on Wednesday.

A copy of the apology letter, which the singer intends to post on social media on Thursday, was exclusively obtained by PREMIUM TIMES on Wednesday.

It read, “Having consulted with my Solicitors, I do hereby revoke all allegations of intellectual property theft and career sabotage previously made against Mr. Innocent Idibia and Mr. Efe Omorogbe

“These statements were erroneously made under misapprehension as to their accuracy, due to prevailing circumstances at the time. I have been advised on the inaccuracy of my previous allegations and retract them entirely.

“I undertake to refrain from making any such subsequent statements against the persons of Mr. Innocent Idibia and Mr. Efe Omorogbe in future”.

The erstwhile best friends came to an agreement at a mediation process held in the presence of 2baba’s manager, Efe Omorogbe, and Black Face’s lawyer, Manny Enajeroh, in Lagos on Wednesday.

A mediator, Ronke Kuku, oversaw the process at the Ikeja High Court Alternative Dispute Resolution Centre (ADR) section.

Black Face’s solicitor, Manny Enajeroh, has also confirmed the development.

Mr Enajeroh also hinted of a possibility of both artistes recording a track when this newspaper probed further.

“That would ultimately depend on the parties, but I see no reason why that can’t happen. Their differences were purely professional resulting from certain inefficiencies in the copyright system. There is no longer an issue of stealing songs so I believe the future of both artistes is bright,” he said.

2baba’s manager also confirmed the news adding that his team would issue a statement to the effect on Thursday.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/music/365549-exclusive-black-face-apologises-to-2baba.html
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Black Face Apologises To 2baba by taylor89(m): 10:38pm On Nov 27, 2019
;Da
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Black Face Apologises To 2baba by sweetonugbu: 10:39pm On Nov 27, 2019
Was he settled?.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Black Face Apologises To 2baba by NaijaDonCast(m): 11:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
Chai Idibia don settle this one with car key and landed property better pay that lawyer well were minute this apology, because we sabi no bi erima crooner write am
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Black Face Apologises To 2baba by apholaryn: 8:50am On Nov 28, 2019
eeyah
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Black Face Apologises To 2baba by totosucker(m): 10:02am On Nov 28, 2019
Move on blackface. Your failed musical career is not because of 2baba.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Black Face Apologises To 2baba by J4JUVENTUS(m): 11:47am On Nov 28, 2019
If he still smoke that special weed finish tomorrow,he will come writing epistle that 2baba stole his song .. Maybe he just came back from rehab,who knows

(1) (Reply)

Download MP3: Danny S - Say Jagaban / Leopard X Zlatan – Summer Vibe (remix) / Water Big - Bonto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.