Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,821 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Blackface Apologizes To 2face Idibia Over Song Theft Allegations - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Blackface Apologizes To 2face Idibia Over Song Theft Allegations (353 Views)

Olamide & Asake Stole My Songs - Blackface / Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him / 2face Replies Blackface And Idris. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackface Apologizes To 2face Idibia Over Song Theft Allegations by Vicktour39: 1:56am On Nov 28, 2019
The Afro-pop singer, Ahmedu obiabo popularly known as ‘Black Face’ has issued an apology to Innocent Idibia popularly known as "2Face" or "2baba".

The apology came off a settlement for their ongoing copyright infringement battle in Lagos on Wednesday.

A copy of the apology letter, which the singer ought to post on social media was exclusively obtained by mydelsu on Wednesday.

Read below:

“Having consulted with my Solicitors, I do hereby revoke all allegations of intellectual property theft and career sabotage previously made against Mr. Innocent Idibia and Mr. Efe Omorogbe

“These statements were erroneously made under misapprehension as to their accuracy, due to prevailing circumstances at the time. I have been advised on the inaccuracy of my previous allegations and retract them entirely....

Read full article from source:

https://mydelsu.com/2019/11/blackface-apologizes-to-2face-idibia-over-song-theft/

Re: Blackface Apologizes To 2face Idibia Over Song Theft Allegations by dawnomike(m): 2:06am On Nov 28, 2019
I laugh in yoruba....
Re: Blackface Apologizes To 2face Idibia Over Song Theft Allegations by SpyAC(m): 2:51am On Nov 28, 2019
me nah swahili i carry laf
Re: Blackface Apologizes To 2face Idibia Over Song Theft Allegations by duduade: 3:16am On Nov 28, 2019
Something is not right....

Money and benefits have swapped both hands
Re: Blackface Apologizes To 2face Idibia Over Song Theft Allegations by OluchiDelly: 4:25am On Nov 28, 2019
Vicktour39:

“Having consulted with my Solicitors
, I do hereby revoke all allegations of intellectual property theft and career sabotage previously made against Mr. Innocent Idibia and Mr. Efe Omorogbe

“These statements were erroneously made under misapprehension as to their accuracy, due to prevailing circumstances at the time. i have been advised on the inaccuracy of my previous allegations and retract them entirely....
/

Bad journalism everywhere. Nothing in that write-up shows apology. To retract a statement does not necessarily mean he apologized.
What I can infer from his write up is that his lawyers advised him to drop the case because he has no evidence to back it up, even if the allegation is true. In law court, if you have "truth " but no "fact", na sorry o. In 90s, nothing like written agreement/contract between artistes, and, producers and artistes. The person you featured in your song can even lay claims to your song.
I think the guy has good lawyers, sometimes, Its better not to start a battle that you know you will lose.
Re: Blackface Apologizes To 2face Idibia Over Song Theft Allegations by apholaryn: 8:49am On Nov 28, 2019
eeyah
Re: Blackface Apologizes To 2face Idibia Over Song Theft Allegations by totosucker(m): 9:57am On Nov 28, 2019
Nice one from blackface. He has been advised by his lawyers against going to court. He should just move on with his life already. It is more than a decade now and he is still pained by the unexpected success of 2baba. 2baba is not the reason for your failed musical career.

(1) (Reply)

Naira Marley – Marlian Fest (riddim) Ft. Killervybez / Download Teshorma Ft Don Wizzy X Galant / Nasty C – There They Go (mp3 Download)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.