Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,011 members, 7,863,672 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:07 PM

2 Electricity Bills On One Small Property - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 2 Electricity Bills On One Small Property (588 Views)

Let The Sun Pay Your Electricity Bills / NERC Forbids Landlords From Imposing Outstanding Electricity Bills On New Tenant / NERC: A Landlord's outstanding Electricity Bills Cannot Be Enforced On A Tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2 Electricity Bills On One Small Property by Heydot: 11:29am On Nov 28, 2019
Morning fellow Nairalanders...

Road construction claims my dad's house, so we build 3 shops on the remaining piece of land. After the completion the occupants needs electricity and I go to IE office to open an account to have access to electricity.

I noticed that I used to get monthly SMS on electricity charges but didn't know it was for the property and I have once filled a form for prepaid meter but I have left the place so I didn't take it serious.

One day, the caretaker called me that the wire was disconnected and the people can't work due to the nature of their businesses. He said he knows the guy distributing bills and he wants to help get prepaid meter. He said 2k is for the form and I'll pay 10k for an official to help fills the form.

Now I'm receiving 2 bills charges and they are yet to bring prepaid meter. I sent him there he said they asked us to write them that they will cancelled the latter bill and use the first one. The following day, he called me that he met with an IE worker and he advised that I should not write that it is there fault.

I need your advice. What should I do?
Re: 2 Electricity Bills On One Small Property by angelEmade: 12:01pm On Nov 28, 2019
OP I think you need a lawyer

1 Like

Re: 2 Electricity Bills On One Small Property by Heydot: 9:41am On Nov 29, 2019
I've talked with him and he has hooked me up with a friend of his that knows someone at my distribution center. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Commercial Land For Sale At River View Estate, OPIC Isheri, @ N166million(negoti / Stone Coated Steel Roofing Tile For Every Home Or Building Project / For Sale Block Of 4 Flats With Good Documents. Location: Gbagada. Budget: 60m P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.