Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Read What Abuja Disco Sent To Me: How Do I Fight This Injustice? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read What Abuja Disco Sent To Me: How Do I Fight This Injustice? (1475 Views)

Abuja DISCO Issues Notice Of Disconnection To Presidential Villa, 85 MDAs / Remi Tinubu: I Fight For Myself, I Don’t Report Anyone To Jagaban / Abuja Disco Hikes Electricity Tariff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read What Abuja Disco Sent To Me: How Do I Fight This Injustice? by nickxtra(m): 2:29pm On Nov 28, 2019
My fellow people, yesterday(27/11/19), I got a call from a customer representative of Abuja Disco (AEDC) asking me if I had made payment for the prepaid meter applied for, I simply told her I don't have any outstanding application since I have made payments for all the 6 meters I applied for and the meters installed since June/July, 2019.

This morning, I received a phone SMS from the Disco (which is attached here) that NERC mandated the Disco in August, 2019, to include 5% VAT on all payments for pre-paid meters and that they will migrate the VAT value to my meters, which will deducted when next I buy units. I got rattled by this message. I then made a call to the AEDC customer care to find out more and ask the reason the Disco would want a directive from NERC to take a retroactive effect( I paid for my meters and same got installed in June/July, whereas the NERC directive came in August).

The customer care insisted that since I made payment before the directive, the 5% VAT would be migrated to my meters which will be deducted anytime I vend electricity units. But I told him to take this message to his management - that it is not only abnormal and inhuman to include or deduct 5% VAT from my electricity units vending, I told him that I will fight the practice with everything within my power, including going to petition NERC to the Minister of Power, National Assembly and if possible seek judicial remedy on this issue.

Why on earth does NERC and these Discos want to subject some Nigerians into another round of their rascality through illegality?

I need sincere advice, of the best options to fight this untold hardship and illegality that NERC and the Disco want to subject Nigerians to.

It could be 5% VAT today, tomorrow, they might be coming from another angle. I think Nigerians must rise against this.

Re: Read What Abuja Disco Sent To Me: How Do I Fight This Injustice? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 28, 2019
So you don't know Nigeria is a useless country ?

I don't think electricity is cheaper in the long run.

The whole process is too cumbersome. Imagine the cost of prepaid meters.

I will prefer to run generator and fuel N2500 or N3000 per week and have peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Read What Abuja Disco Sent To Me: How Do I Fight This Injustice? by helinues: 3:05pm On Nov 28, 2019
Are you sure you are dealing with real customer service?

Where do they charge extra VAT after purchase already been made?

If the directive is from Disco indeed, then their boss is the one using that to extort money from people...

1 Like

Re: Read What Abuja Disco Sent To Me: How Do I Fight This Injustice? by nickxtra(m): 3:07pm On Nov 28, 2019
helinues:

If the directive is from Disco indeed, then their boss is the one using that to extort money from people...
Where my curiosity and grievance came about.

1 Like

Re: Read What Abuja Disco Sent To Me: How Do I Fight This Injustice? by helinues: 3:11pm On Nov 28, 2019
nickxtra:
Where my curiosity and grievance came about.

They must have remitted all Meter purchased to their headquarters before introducing the 5% VAT on Aug.

Calling you self is fishy.. It might be insider work within AEDC.

1 Like

Re: Read What Abuja Disco Sent To Me: How Do I Fight This Injustice? by SarkinYarki: 3:11pm On Nov 28, 2019
RonaldoVido:

I will prefer to run generator and fuel N2500 or N3000 per week and have peace of mind.

3000k per week ? Is it only 20 mins a day u run gen?
Re: Read What Abuja Disco Sent To Me: How Do I Fight This Injustice? by Yemisi5(f): 3:28pm On Nov 28, 2019
[s]
helinues:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Read What Abuja Disco Sent To Me: How Do I Fight This Injustice? by Yemisi5(f): 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2019
[s]
helinues:

They must have remitted all Meter purchased to their headquarters before introducing the 5% VAT on Aug.

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Read What Abuja Disco Sent To Me: How Do I Fight This Injustice? by mrvitalis(m): 3:40pm On Nov 28, 2019
RonaldoVido:

What can that gen carry
Re: Read What Abuja Disco Sent To Me: How Do I Fight This Injustice? by seunmsg(m): 5:16pm On Nov 28, 2019
I got the same message just now and I’m really surprised. In my own case, VAT was added to the meter fee before Payne t so I don’t understand why they want to charge me again. I will call their customer care line and still report them to NERC.

2 Likes

Re: Read What Abuja Disco Sent To Me: How Do I Fight This Injustice? by lukui: 5:18pm On Nov 28, 2019
they have cut my wire before, so mumu me I carry 5k go give one of them to help me reconnect,

a week later, some other guys come again, cut the wire again, now I don't have light, and before when there was light self, they usually bring it midnight and carry it 6am.

now I am thinking should I use another 5k wey I suppose buy garri go connect again?

useless people!! the prepaid you were talking about, I use to see it on electric poles, beaten by sun and rain here in kano, most Hausa guys don't pay nepa bill!! and generators is much common, even to charge set!!! now I dey use two power banks!!! if they die, I will be extinct online like a dinosaur
Re: Read What Abuja Disco Sent To Me: How Do I Fight This Injustice? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 28, 2019
SarkinYarki:

3000k per week ? Is it only 20 mins a day u run gen?

Most 3kva gen consume N100 fuel per hour
Re: Read What Abuja Disco Sent To Me: How Do I Fight This Injustice? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 28, 2019
lukui:
they have cut my wire before, so mumu me I carry 5k go give one of them to help me reconnect,

a week later, some other guys come again, cut the wire again, now I don't have light, and before when there was light self, they usually bring it midnight and carry it 6am.

now I am thinking should I use another 5k wey I suppose buy garri go connect again?

useless people!! the prepaid you were talking about, I use to see it on electric poles, beaten by sun and rain here in kano, most Hausa guys don't pay nepa bill!! and generators is much common, even to charge set!!! now I dey use two power banks!!! if they die, I will be extinct online like a dinosaur

This is the issue..

Or these are the issues.

If one should spend N50,000 or more on prepaid meters and assuming you have neighbors who don't pay as at when due, and having one point of supply into a block of 4 flats, NEPA will still cut the light to the building even after you have paid.

Owning a house is not easy, living with others is not easy.
Re: Read What Abuja Disco Sent To Me: How Do I Fight This Injustice? by SUPERPACK: 8:31pm On Nov 28, 2019
This prepaid meter issue is funny cheesy
imagine you went to shoprite and bought goods worth #5000 only for the Salesgirl to ask you to pay money so that she can buy a calculator that she will use in calculating the total cost of what you bought from them.
So we pay for electricity and still pay for the calculator the electricity providers will use.
cheesygrin
Re: Read What Abuja Disco Sent To Me: How Do I Fight This Injustice? by nickxtra(m): 8:33pm On Nov 28, 2019
helinues:

My thinking
Re: Read What Abuja Disco Sent To Me: How Do I Fight This Injustice? by nickxtra(m): 8:34pm On Nov 28, 2019
seunmsg:
I got the same message just now and I’m really surprised. In my own case, VAT was added to the meter fee before Payne t so I don’t understand why they want to charge me again. I will call their customer care line and still report them to NERC.
Same thing to do. I must get to NERC on this issue
Re: Read What Abuja Disco Sent To Me: How Do I Fight This Injustice? by edoairways: 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2019
nickxtra:
My fellow people, yesterday(27/11/19), I got a call from a customer representative of Abuja Disco (AEDC) asking me if I had made payment for the prepaid meter applied for, I simply told her I don't have any outstanding application since I have made payments for all the 6 meters I applied for and the meters installed since June/July, 2019.

This morning, I received a phone SMS from the Disco (which is attached here) that NERC mandated the Disco in August, 2019, to include 5% VAT on all payments for pre-paid meters and that they will migrate the VAT value to my meters, which will deducted when next I buy units. I got rattled by this message. I then made a call to the AEDC customer care to find out more and ask the reason the Disco would want a directive from NERC to take a retroactive effect( I paid for my meters and same got installed in June/July, whereas the NERC directive came in August).

The customer care insisted that since I made payment before the directive, the 5% VAT would be migrated to my meters which will be deducted anytime I vend electricity units. But I told him to take this message to his management - that it is not only abnormal and inhuman to include or deduct 5% VAT from my electricity units vending, I told him that I will fight the practice with everything within my power, including going to petition NERC to the Minister of Power, National Assembly and if possible seek judicial remedy on this issue.

Why on earth does NERC and these Discos want to subject some Nigerians into another round of their rascality through illegality?

I need sincere advice, of the best options to fight this untold hardship and illegality that NERC and the Disco want to subject Nigerians to.

It could be 5% VAT today, tomorrow, they might be coming from another angle. I think Nigerians must rise against this.
By January 2nd 2020 it would increase to 7.5%

(1) (Reply)

Sowore: GEJ's Condemnation Was Not An Endorsement Of Buhari / You Said It's A Scam, Now You Are Panicking. Lessons Of Coro / Kemi Olunloyo Insists Nnamdi Kanu Is Dead, Gives Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.