Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,061 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria (2661 Views)

Has Anyone Bought The MTN 5G SIM Or Router, Please Share Your Experience. / This Is How Fast MTN 5G Network Is! / MTN 5G Network To Be Available In Nigeria Before 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by vwegba1(m): 4:13pm On Nov 28, 2019
With the recent updates in 5G network technology in some part of the world, we know its just a matter of time before network companies in Nigeria provide 5G network in Nigeria.

MTN Nigeria became the first mobile network provider in Nigeria to deploy the first MTN 5G network trial in Nigeria. Other places where the MTN 5G network will be tested in Nigeria are Lagos and Calabar.

In the early hours of November 25 2019, Techpoint Africa reported that MTN Nigeria performed the first test of its 5G network in the capital of Nigeria, Abuja. While this is a great news it also came with mixed feelings for some especially persons who don’t understand what this actually means.

We have put together a summary of this MTN 5G network test by and also we have put together some details as to what this actually means for phone users.

Summary of the First MTN 5G Network Trial in Abuja

Below are some of the things we gathered so far from the MTN 5G Network test in Abuja.

1. It was Successful

Yes the reaction and excitement from both Techpoint Africa and MTN Nigeria shows that the test was a success. The even was attended by high profile personnel with the former member of NCC (Nigeria Communication Commission) present.

The chief technical officer of MTN Nigeria Mohammed Rufai said ” 5G offers tremendous benefits in terms of speed, latency (fast processing), efficiency and security. This pilot offers a unique opportunity for us to explore use-cases and applications in Nigeria, and we are excited about its potential for our country and our company (MTN Nigera)”. The 5G network was used to test how fast it can download large files, access the internet, hologram conference call etc.

2. Fast Download Time

The summary of the event brings us to its download experiment. It was observed that the MTN 5G network downloads files at almost the speed of light. Unlike 4G that download files at an estimated 70Mbs (Mbs = megabyte per second), the newly tested MTN 5G network download files at an estimated 1 Gbs (Gbs = gigabyte per second).

During the test, the MTN 5G network was used to download a file of 2.3GB and it took about 15.8 seconds to complete the download. While same file download took about 5 minutes 4 seconds when it was downloaded using the 4G network. This is expected as the MTN 5G network... Read Full article from link below

https://techarena24.com/summary-of-the-first-mtn-5g-network-trial-in-abuja-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by dustmalik: 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2019
Op, were you able to capture the speed test that was conducted?
Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by dayveed1(m): 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2019
We officially welcoming the 4G network..
Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by LeoThaGreat(m): 8:24pm On Nov 28, 2019
dayveed1:
We officially welcoming the 4G network..
You meant to say 3.75G, cuz never in Nigeria have I experienced a download of 70MB per second.
We're probably still on 2G my brother.

9 Likes

Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by princemillla(m): 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2019
Pure lies. Where is mtn 4G downloading at 70mbs Have never seen it befor. It wont event get to beyond 3.5 let alone 70mbs. Lies from liers

1 Like

Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by dayveed1(m): 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2019
LeoThaGreat:

You meant to say 3.75G, cuz never in Nigeria have I experienced a download of 70MB per second.
Lol ahahaha. 70MB per second I don't think that is going to happen in Nigeria in this our generation.
Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by dustmalik: 8:59pm On Nov 28, 2019
princemillla:
Pure lies. Where is mtn 4G downloading at 70mbs Have never seen it befor. It wont event get to beyond 3.5 let alone 70mbs. Lies from liers
You seem lost. This thread is about the 5G demo/trial MTN carried out at their Maitama, Abuja regional HQ on Monday, not about 4G.
Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by princemillla(m): 9:23pm On Nov 28, 2019
dustmalik:

You seem lost. This thread is about the 5G demo/trial MTN carried out at their Maitama, Abuja regional HQ on Monday, not about 4G.

Lost and found befpr you start dishing out unruly words read Inbetween lines and see where they made comparison with 4G.
Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by Obainoneandonly(m): 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2019
Pure lies... Even if you stand on top of their mast the speed is not even up to half of what they said about the 4g
Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by Kyase(m): 11:25pm On Nov 28, 2019
LeoThaGreat:

In 2014 I experienced 23 mbs on airtel around 2am.

Currently as last year on mtn 4g I experienced 43mbs
Then this year with my leeco le pro 3 I experienced 83mbs on my mtn 4g.
Take that to the bank.....
Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by iceberg02(m): 12:39am On Nov 29, 2019
Waiting
Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by TheFacelessMan: 7:18am On Nov 29, 2019
Kyase:

Bro, were you on Xvideos.com and using IDM ? grin

These are incredible speeds ! shocked
Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by Kyase(m): 7:48am On Nov 29, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

Bro, were you on Xvideos.com and using IDM ? grin

These are incredible speeds ! shocked
Lol, none sir, what's xvideos sir cheesy I don't know that site
Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by odinson1(m): 9:28am On Nov 29, 2019
Kyase:
Lol, none sir, what's xvideos sir cheesy I don't know that site
welcome to the kingdom of heaven

you can drop your bags at the corner

1 Like

Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by Kyase(m): 10:07am On Nov 29, 2019
odinson1:

welcome to the kingdom of heaven

you can drop your bags at the corner

Thank you sir, where is my crip?

1 Like

Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by fredie107(m): 5:50pm On Nov 29, 2019
That speed is actually supposed to be speed of 4g......
Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by LeoThaGreat(m): 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2019
Kyase:

I'm looking forward to experiencing the same...or something better. But I'll be a doubting Thomas till then
Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by makavele: 12:15pm On Dec 01, 2019
LeoThaGreat:

I'm looking forward to experiencing the same...or something better. But I'll be a doubting Thomas till then

experience this; 270Mbps

1 Like

Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by dustmalik: 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2019
makavele:

experience this; 270Mbps

Which network is this?
Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by mastig: 1:31pm On Dec 01, 2019
Kyase:

we must be able to differentiate between Megabits per seconds and Megabytes per second. They are different. One megabyte is equal to eight megabits, but the terms are used in specific ways: Megabits per second (mbps) are generally used to describe the speed of an Internet connection, whereas megabytes (MB) usually refer to the size of a file or storage space.
Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by makavele: 12:20pm On Dec 02, 2019
dustmalik:

Which network is this?

dedicated main one line
Re: Summary Of The First MTN 5G Network Trial In Abuja, Nigeria by gloriaunobi(f): 4:15pm On Dec 02, 2019
My phone is showing H+ instead of 3G talk more of 4g then think of 5G grin the journey is very long

(1) (Reply)

Screenshot And Post Your Phones Screen / The Newly Invented Smartphone Case That Prints Selfies In Seconds / Its Back Again MTN Package Check It Out Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.